“Thrilled!!!”

Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lisle
Reviewed February 10, 2007

I have read the negative reviews of this hotel with a great deal of surprise. I had an absolutely wonderful experience at the Hyatt. My room was immaculate and nicely decorated. The bed was king-sized and had multiple pillows (at least eight) and comforters. In addition, there was a sitting area with a couch and a chair. The TV reception was clear and included multiple channels. To clarify, I stayed in a standard room....the above was not in reference to an upgrade.

I will admit that I did not get the chance to use the hotel pool or jacuzzi, so I cannot comment on same. However, the staff was exceeding pleasant and helpful. I would absolutely stay at this location again and would recommend it to friends!

(On one other note, I did not see any children at the hotel during my stay. I would imagine that this is not the most ideal location for children, as this hotel caters to business travelers.)

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Chicago-ish
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville

Reviewed January 21, 2007

I think the place is a good value, but I also think the many mediocre reviews are on point: the decor is dated (where's the check in desk), the one restaurant only okay, the desk staff merely okay. My room was fine. The heating systems is a little psycho (either blasting or off) and bathrooms clean enough.

There is no reason to not recommend this hotel, but it is hardly a destination and definitely doesn't stand out above others in this class.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Lady_CM
Reviewed December 25, 2006

I was booked at the Hyatt Lisle while in the area for a lecture series. Arrangements were made for a suite type room with a king bed, separate sitting area and workspace. The room was direct billed to the organization that invited me to speak, but the records seemed to indicate that the room was priced at $114, which included a full breakfast for each day of my stay.

The hotel exterior was clean, in good repair and there was plenty of parking on-site. Check-in was prompt and polite with the clerk inquring twice as to whether I needed any directions or local information.

I found the room to be spotless and well appointed. No evidence of wear was noted on any furnishing. The bed was typical for the Hyatt line with high thread count sheets and abundant pillows. I did not encounter any of the noise issues that were addressed by previous reviewers.

During my stay I used the laundry valet. The clothing was returned at the exact time promised and the service was excellent.

Food was very good both at the restuarant and in the banquet/convention areas of the property. Service was excellent in these areas as well. I did note an unusual amount of cigarette smoke in the dining room. This originated from the nearby bar area which is not separated by walls or ventilation systems. Management should address this issue by constructing walls around the bar. It may change the ambiance/lobby appearance, but it should happen.

During check-out the clerk noticed that my stay was direct billed and thus not eligible for Gold Passport points. She was able to provide a bonus reward of 3,000 points for my stay, in spite of the fact that the only eligible charges I had was for laundry service. This was a great, customer-focused effort that one rarely finds.

By my experience, this is a well-run property with great service. If the situation called for it I would not hesitate to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank cburley
Reviewed November 26, 2006

the walls in the hotel are paper thin. On the 2nd night at 1230am, the guests in rooms near ours were loud, and used porfanity. This went on for an hour before I finally called security. People were screaming and running up and down the hallways knocking on doors and running. Finally I stepped into the hallway and asked them to be quiet. I had called security 15 minutes earlier but they had not arrived yet After security (said engineering on his shirt) arrived, they did nothing. Two hours later, we had the same issues. Our family just wanted a good nights sleep as we had to be up at 5am the next day and not one of us slept due to noise and waitng for that next knock on the door. Night 2 was not much better as we again had kids running up and down the hall screaming and knocking on doors at approximately 1030pm. Again I called security and was laughed at. I never heard from security that night. We went to the pool for a dip and the jacussi was disgusting. There were teenagers chewing tobbaco in the jacussi which was not a pleasant site for myself or my kids. No one from the hotel was around to check and make sure rules were followed. In fact, someone jameed the water cooler knozzle open as a joke and water ran onto a tiled floor making it slippery and dangerous as you had to exit through this area to get back to the hallway) I spoke with the front desk and managment many times and they stated that they could do nothing about any issues that I had unrelated to the pool but related to my stay. So, if you like lots of loud noise, dont want a good nights sleep, and to be treated poorly and disrespected by other guests and hotel management, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank Hockeydad5
Reviewed November 25, 2006

My son and I stayed over the weekend at the Hyatt Lisle. Check in was quick and friendly but I was disappointed to find my non-smoking King room smelled very badly of cigarettes. I was given a different room without delay but did notice another woman at the counter with the same complaint as mine. Friday night went fairly well in the hotel. My son and I used the very clean hot tub and pool. Workout facility was nice as well. Saturday was a different story. There was a party in one of the banquet rooms and the music was so loud that it was very hard to get my son (who is 4) to sleep. Thank goodness I had brought ear plugs with me, otherwise the noise would have kept me up until 4am! Overall I can not complain since I booked the room on priceline at a $40 price! I would NOT spend the $99 price Hyatt's website states. It is definitely not worth $99 per night. Bed's are comfortable and otherwise the room was average to above average for the $40 price.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank Greeneyedgirl373
Reviewed June 11, 2006

"won" this hotel on priceline- what a dump! rooms were small and dirty. last updated in the 70's.

had to wait more than 4 hours past check in time (3pm) to get rooms with non-working airconditioning and super small beds (their doubles seem more than large twins to me).

Staff rude, could care less if you have a nice stay or if problems are resolved. Pool is very small, and often monopolized by large groups of unsupervised, wild children. Pool water filthy, gave all of us a rash.

Restaurant offers very basic choices at high prices.

Ice machines did not work on several floors, had to hunt for one that worked. TV reception poor at best.

save your money, stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank sr5242
A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago
Reviewed March 31, 2006

I recently stayed at the Hyatt for a conference. Our room was on the 4th floor. I was somewhat disappointed in what I found. Initially the room I stayed in was not clean. The desk had dried water spots that had not been properly wiped down. The floor needed vacuming in spots. The desk chair was also dirty. The closet door was off of its sliding track and I could not open it. Even when it was fixed it quickly slipped off again. The mirror on the closet door was dirty. The knob on the shower was rusted and water stained. The drainage in the shower moved very slowly. The sheets were not changed after the first day. I knew because something had been spilled on the pillow and the maid just flipped the pillow over instead of changing it. Some hotel rooms feel clean this one certainly did not. It could have been worse but it certainly could have been better. Then we were served a few meals as part of our package. The crossaint sandwiches were absolutely horrible. The meat truly tasted as though it were spoiled and the croissant was soggy. The potato salad that was served was completely void of any flavor. I was also served a fruit cup the next evening where the watermelon was actually sour. I could not believe I was being served rotten fruit. I did not have one single meal where I could say the food was even average. They may need to consider replacing the kitchen staff if this is the only service they can provide. The staff was helpful when asked questions but made no particular effort to see if I needed any additional services. I would not stay at this hotel ever again. Nor would I recommend it for any of my peers. I would definately recommend that you shop around if you are considering this hotel for your group function or conference. You can definately do much much much better elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisle
Hilton Lisle / Naperville
Sheraton Lisle Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Chicago Marriott Naperville
Chicago Marriott Naperville
#7 of 18 in Naperville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville
Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville

Been to Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville? Share your experiences!