“Clean Rooms & Average Service”

Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lisle
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My room was very clean and although some have commented about the awkward layout, I found it to be useful. The bed was comfortable and though a few things seemed a bit dated, the room was still nice. My complaint was the service I received during my stay. When I checked in, three people were working the front desk. There were no other customers around, yet no one could help me check in. I approached the gentleman in the center and he said that "She can help you check in, I'm not available right now." The next person I went to didn't even acknowledge me for a few minutes...again no one else around. Finally when I got checked in, I decided to order room service since it was late. When I tried to order room service I was told the menu in my book was outdated and that they would have to bring another one up. This took 20 minutes before I received the menu. I asked the gentleman who delivered the menu if I could just glance at it right now and order with him. He said that I could do that and would have to order through room service again. So I called again and only ordered a small side salad and a cup of fruit. It took another 20 minutes to receive my food. While I think the rooms are nice and worth the stay, the level of service is mediocre at best. With the convenient location, this has the potential to be a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed on business last week...really nice friendly staff, very comfortable spacious room and hotel with a great breakfast! Did not get to use the fitness areas which was a shame but I am sure it would have been good, great location recommended.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed June 14 and 15th for our son's wedding. Check in was great, very friendly. We got into our room right away even though we checked in a hour early. Our out of town Family enjoyed the pool with their kids. Our room was on the side away from the highway as we requested away from noise of elevator, so we were very happy and slept well.
The wedding reception was held here and went so well, every detail covered. A big thanks to Brad he helped with every detail. The room was amazing the food was hot and so good!! It was a perfect night! The only thing we didn't like is the lay out of the lobby lots of little steps that are hard to see and one family member did take a fall. The lobby bar was very nice and the food served was good but kinda high prices($16 for breakfast buffet)
I would stay here again, the staff is great.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RobTra
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed at this Hyatt several times. It is in a convenient location for access to I88 and I55 and Midway Airport, very close to Naperville, and generally a pleasant place to stay. It is a large facility used by lots of parties (wedding, receptions, etc.), so make sure you book early. I like to stay in an upper room to avoid any issues with noise (never have had any). No free breakfast here, however, as this is a full service hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for an upper floor room to avoid the party crowds up and down the elevators...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had the opportunity to spend one night at the Hyatt hotel in Lisle Illinois when attending a meeting at my company’s headquarters which are nearby.

Check-in was quick, easy and friendly. I received a king bed non-smoking as requested. Upon opening the door, I was really impressed with my room #707. Rather than a room, it was a “junior suite” with a sitting area and the sleeping area separated by a built-in cabinet that formed a low wall.

Both the sitting area and the sleeping area had nearly floor-to ceiling and wall-to-wall windows. My room was an odd-numbered room which faced the front of the hotel and was very quiet. Even numbered rooms overlook Interstate 88 (Ronald Reagan Highway).

The room had a large flat-screen HD TV that would swivel so that it could be seen from either the sitting area or the sleeping area. I was not there long enough to see if there were pay-per-view movies available.

Just as you enter the room there was a reasonable sized desk with a good office-style chair. A single-serving coffee maker was on the desk as well as one of the phones. The hotel offers Wi-Fi service and it worked well. Our corporate rate included Wi-Fi so I do not know what the cost would be if it was not included.

The king-size bed was very comfortable and there were night stands with lamps on both sides of the bed. The clock radio was one with an iPod docking station. The bath vanity was open to the sleeping area but the toilet and tub/shower combo had a door if privacy was desired. Lighting in the vanity area was good and there were enough bath linens for two people.

My room was very clean and smelled fresh. Everything was in working order.

The hotel has a very nice buffet breakfast that starts at 6:00 AM. It was quite extensive. If I remember correctly, the cost was $17.95 and seemed like a reasonable value for all that was included.

The hotel has ample free parking.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face highway
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Ruby at the front desk did a wonderful job. Staff in resturant and bar - were excellent. Breakfast was fast - (menu and buffett) lunch was efficient. Lobby is inviting and functional. Room was to be non-smoking - marked as such - clearly was smoking. Work area and sitting area are nice. The room was quiet. AC worked well - but the clearly visable dirt coming from the vents was unpleasant. Carpeting had not been swept - and for a dark color - it showed all the items that needs to be swept! Title in bathroom had not been mopped - as noted before - the beds are very tiny and are not "queen" - they are more like an oversized twin. There was no trash can anywhere in the room - overall the hotel is aging and could really stand a refresh - update - things are worn and need to be cleaned for replaced. I was only there for 1 night ($200) and was glad to be checking out.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the opposite side from the highway.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

A very nicely decorated and large hotel. However, the rooms were set up very awkwardly, and the beds were small and stuffed in a small space. There was also no vent in the shower room, so it got very foggy very quickly. The fitness room could also use some rearranging- when on a treadmill I would much rather watch a tv than stare at myself close-up in a mirror.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisle
Hilton Lisle / Naperville
Sheraton Lisle Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Chicago Marriott Naperville
Chicago Marriott Naperville
#7 of 18 in Naperville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville
Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville

Been to Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville? Share your experiences!