“Great Staycation”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lisle
Naperville, Illinois
“Great Staycation”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I spent a night here this past weekend for our anniversary. I found a great rate on an end room, panoramic suite and jumped on it. We spent our wedding night here 6 years ago in an end room suite, so it brought back some great memories! I had to change the dates a couple times and Hyatt did a great job working with me. We requested an upper level arboretum view, though I've read those requests have been hit or miss, but we ended up on the top floor overlooking the Morton Arboretum, thanks!
The front desk staff member who helped us was in training and did a great job (Deloris), she even remembered us the next afternoon at checkout. The bartender knows how to make a great Captain & Coke, and the breakfast buffet was tasty as well.
The panoramic suites are amazing, I'm seriously considering buying one of the beds, in the past 6 years, my two best nights of sleep have been on a Hyatt bed. Very clean / tidy rooms. The only issue was the room service tray left outside the door when we first walked in, we assumed we would find a room that housekeeping hadn't gotten to yet, not the case, but it did take a few hours for the food tray (not ours) to be cleared up.
I guess if I had to nitpick at anything, it would be the lack of complimentary wi-fi throughout the hotel, or complimentary coffee. If budget chains can provide this, I'd imagine Hyatt could do the same.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel to friends or family visiting the area.

Room Tip: If you request an Arboretum view, just be aware that it IS the side of the hotel that faces the deal...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
sninhamhyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for the great feedback regarding your recent visit with us! We love having you stay with us and glad that you were able to make it back for your anniversary. Please be sure to come back next year!

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was a little tired compared to most Hyatt's that I've stayed at in the past year, but the staff was very pleasant, restaurant menu was small, but very good. The room that I had was laid out oddly (like they made it into a mini suite, but it would have been better as just one big room).

Room Tip: I was at the very end of the hall and it was very quiet (never heard any noise).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for the great feedback regarding your reent stay with us. Our renovations are not fully completed to date and we will be doing more in 2013. I appreciate your feedback and will look at those to make improvements to my hotel. Let me know when you come back to the area so that I can offer you any upgrades that we have available as well as ensure you have another room type. My email is steve.ninham@hyattlisle.com

Have a great week!

Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This was our second stay at the Hyatt in Lisle. After contacting the Hyatt about my concerns about a corporate issue...they passed the problem along to this mgr. he responded & because we are traveling there monthly on business offered us a great deal to come back!
Hotels just don't get it...unless you can afford to stay at a Ritz, Trump, or 4 seasons...play-n-paks are great for small babies for a short period (a day or so) but are unacceptable for any length of time or for kids 1 & up. I would love to see how long an adult would sleep on a cardboard bed with a paper thin pad with a towel or large sheet thrown on the top!
This hotel is probably great for a single business person, traveling alone or a couple...but it is still not great for a family staying for a lengthy time. Bathrooms are tiny, (unless you book the Presidential Suite), tubs are rusty around drains & takes forever to get warm water & rooms are cramped. Buffet is the exact same everyday with the exception of rotating pancake & French toast.
Maybe I'm too picky..I'd like a comfortable place for our toddler to sleep (other than in between my spouse & I) so we can all get a good nights rest!
The manager does care...he did contact me after our first stay & offer a great deal to come try again. We did try again...unfortunately I didn't get to thank him in person.

• Stayed October 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your feedback. This is invaluable to me and my team and your comments were taken seriously. Because of your comments, we now have a realy crip available as an option to our guests. Please do not hesitate to let me know the next time you come back to the area. We love having you stay with us and will continue to strive for a perfect stay for you and your family!

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here on recent trip to Chicago. The drive to Chicago took about 30 minutes (probably more during rush hour). The hotel has free parking and wi-fi which was a plus. My only complaint is that the room doors slam loudly when shut. It was enough to wake me up. The hotel itself is what you would expect of a Hyatt: clean, bright, modern. I would recommend this hotel, just be aware that you may hear doors slamming as your neighbors (or the maid in the morning) go in and out of neighboring rooms. Overall, a good value and a good hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
sninhamhyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for the great feedback regarding our hotel. We will look at your recommendations and see what can be done to alliviate this issue. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 25, 2012

First, I'll start with the good. We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and ask for a panoramic room. The room layout was very nice with what could have been a beautiful view. (More on that in a minute). The bed was soft/large and the feather pillows were divine. The room was also very clean and had a modern look to it. Very spacious and quite too. Second, the restaurant food was tasty and one of the waiters, Gabriele, was A+! Attentive, friendly and all around great service. Other waiters/waitresses were helpful as well.

The hotel also sent a complimentary bottle of wine to our room. Thank you!

Back to the room - because we were celebrating our anniversary, we asked for a panoramic room with a view of the Arboretum. Instead we got a room with a view of car dealerships and the highway. When my husband asked to change rooms he was told by the front desk attendant that they were basically all the same. Ok, then you shouldn't advertise a beautiful tree topped view on the website photos if that's the case. Our room included free buffet breakfast each day and when I booked, I was told that we could order in-room breakfast as opposed to coming downstairs to the restaurant and that would be free as well. Upon arrival, we were told there would be a charge for in-room breakfast. Two MAJOR disappointments.

Second, I'm not sure what 4 star hotel charges for the bottled water that's in the room when you arrive but this one does. In-room wi-fi is also an additional charge and if you don't use that but go to the lobby business center, there is a charge for that as well. Nickle and dime anyone? Speaking of charges, we were charged a daily $20 incidentals fee that wasn’t disclosed upon check in. This charge is just a pending hold but it would have been nice to have been told about it up front.

All in all, this could have been an overall great experience but its the little things (and in our case, the disappointing room view and falsehood about the breakfast) that made all the difference.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikity31
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate that you gave us things that went great during your stay as well as areas where improvements can be made. We take your comments seriously and will see what we can do in regards to our WiFi fees, bottled water and internet. I will also review with the front desk staff the verbiage taht should be used to explain to guests what occurs when we take a credit card for incidentals.

Feel free to contact me directly should you come back to the area and I will be happy to assist you. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon.

Best Regards,

steve.ninham@hyattlisle.com
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at Hyatt Lisle on Saturday 9/22 just for one night. I was in a King Bed room. This was the best water pressure I have ever had in a hotel. The bed was comfortable, and the decor was modern. There was a seperate sitting area with a sofa, and chair and the TV with swivel stand could be seen from both areas. The sink area is separate from the shower/toilet which is nice if you are traveling with more than yourself. I used the indoor pool and hottub and found the area to be clean and well maintained. The fitness center also is nice and large with plenty of available work out equipment and even a scale. :)

There was a class of 1982 high school reunion held in the lobby the night I was there and some drunk people stumbling up to their rooms late at night. However, It looked to be a nice setup for a special event or a wedding.

I booked through Priceline, therefore I did not receive a voucher for breakfast, etc. Internet charge was $4.99 for an hour and $9.99 for 24 hours. Not sure about the weekly fee or if it was included for those who booked directly through the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 9th floor on the side facing the expressway and I did experience some traffic noise...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
sninhamhyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We appreciate all of the comments and look forward to your next visit. Please contact me personally so I may offer you an upgrade! My email is; steve.ninham@hyattlisle.com

Have a great week!

Louisville, KY
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had 3 rooms for 3 nights booked at the Hyatt Lise this past weekend through Hotels.com. 2 rooms were King beds and 1 room was for 2 double beds at a much higher rate per night. The double room was for myself and my 34 year old daughter..... that makes me a bit older. We arrived at the hotel around 6 pm Friday the 14th and were told there were no double rooms available for the entire weekend! My 2 double room was changed to a king with no compensation on the price at all. I had to sleep on a pull out love seat for all three nights. I called Hotels.com and they told me nothing could be done. I was wondering how many other Hyatts are working with Hotels.com to charge more for the lesser rooms at a nationally advertised lower price?

Be ware for those that use these services..... They can consider me a first and last time user all at once.

Room Tip: Book 3 room rates above what you need, pay a higher price and maybe you will get a room you don'...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ken M
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. I understand how frustrating you must have been since you did not get your room type however when you book on hotels.com, the room types are not guaranteed. I apologize for the confusion and for not getting the room type that you were looking for. Due to your inconvenience, I would like to see what I can do to make this up to you. Please contact me at steve.ninham@hyattlisle.com

You are an important customer to my hotel and I want to make sure you are taken care of. I look forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Steve Ninham

Travelers are raving about these Lisle hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisle
Hilton Lisle / Naperville
Sheraton Lisle Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre
Chicago Marriott Naperville
Chicago Marriott Naperville
#7 of 18 in Naperville
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lisle

Been to Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville? Share your experiences!