“The good and the so-so”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lisle
Columbus, Ohio
“The good and the so-so”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

First, I'll start with the good. We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and ask for a panoramic room. The room layout was very nice with what could have been a beautiful view. (More on that in a minute). The bed was soft/large and the feather pillows were divine. The room was also very clean and had a modern look to it. Very spacious and quite too. Second, the restaurant food was tasty and one of the waiters, Gabriele, was A+! Attentive, friendly and all around great service. Other waiters/waitresses were helpful as well.

The hotel also sent a complimentary bottle of wine to our room. Thank you!

Back to the room - because we were celebrating our anniversary, we asked for a panoramic room with a view of the Arboretum. Instead we got a room with a view of car dealerships and the highway. When my husband asked to change rooms he was told by the front desk attendant that they were basically all the same. Ok, then you shouldn't advertise a beautiful tree topped view on the website photos if that's the case. Our room included free buffet breakfast each day and when I booked, I was told that we could order in-room breakfast as opposed to coming downstairs to the restaurant and that would be free as well. Upon arrival, we were told there would be a charge for in-room breakfast. Two MAJOR disappointments.

Second, I'm not sure what 4 star hotel charges for the bottled water that's in the room when you arrive but this one does. In-room wi-fi is also an additional charge and if you don't use that but go to the lobby business center, there is a charge for that as well. Nickle and dime anyone? Speaking of charges, we were charged a daily $20 incidentals fee that wasn’t disclosed upon check in. This charge is just a pending hold but it would have been nice to have been told about it up front.

All in all, this could have been an overall great experience but its the little things (and in our case, the disappointing room view and falsehood about the breakfast) that made all the difference.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikity31
sninhamhyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate that you gave us things that went great during your stay as well as areas where improvements can be made. We take your comments seriously and will see what we can do in regards to our WiFi fees, bottled water and internet. I will also review with the front desk staff the verbiage taht should be used to explain to guests what occurs when we take a credit card for incidentals.

Feel free to contact me directly should you come back to the area and I will be happy to assist you. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon.

steve.ninham@hyattlisle.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at Hyatt Lisle on Saturday 9/22 just for one night. I was in a King Bed room. This was the best water pressure I have ever had in a hotel. The bed was comfortable, and the decor was modern. There was a seperate sitting area with a sofa, and chair and the TV with swivel stand could be seen from both areas. The sink area is separate from the shower/toilet which is nice if you are traveling with more than yourself. I used the indoor pool and hottub and found the area to be clean and well maintained. The fitness center also is nice and large with plenty of available work out equipment and even a scale. :)

There was a class of 1982 high school reunion held in the lobby the night I was there and some drunk people stumbling up to their rooms late at night. However, It looked to be a nice setup for a special event or a wedding.

I booked through Priceline, therefore I did not receive a voucher for breakfast, etc. Internet charge was $4.99 for an hour and $9.99 for 24 hours. Not sure about the weekly fee or if it was included for those who booked directly through the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 9th floor on the side facing the expressway and I did experience some traffic noise...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
sninhamhyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We appreciate all of the comments and look forward to your next visit. Please contact me personally so I may offer you an upgrade! My email is; steve.ninham@hyattlisle.com

Have a great week!

Louisville, KY
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had 3 rooms for 3 nights booked at the Hyatt Lise this past weekend through Hotels.com. 2 rooms were King beds and 1 room was for 2 double beds at a much higher rate per night. The double room was for myself and my 34 year old daughter..... that makes me a bit older. We arrived at the hotel around 6 pm Friday the 14th and were told there were no double rooms available for the entire weekend! My 2 double room was changed to a king with no compensation on the price at all. I had to sleep on a pull out love seat for all three nights. I called Hotels.com and they told me nothing could be done. I was wondering how many other Hyatts are working with Hotels.com to charge more for the lesser rooms at a nationally advertised lower price?

Be ware for those that use these services..... They can consider me a first and last time user all at once.

Room Tip: Book 3 room rates above what you need, pay a higher price and maybe you will get a room you don'...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ken M
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. I understand how frustrating you must have been since you did not get your room type however when you book on hotels.com, the room types are not guaranteed. I apologize for the confusion and for not getting the room type that you were looking for. Due to your inconvenience, I would like to see what I can do to make this up to you. Please contact me at steve.ninham@hyattlisle.com

You are an important customer to my hotel and I want to make sure you are taken care of. I look forward to your response.

Steve Ninham

Travelers are raving about these Lisle hotels

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I revisited the Hyatt in Lisle over the Labor Day weekend. The hotel has recently done some remodeling and our new junior suite with king bed was very, very nice, very modern and spacious. The new decor is the room was very soft and classic. I love, love, love the spa toiletries... The in-room computer and Wi-Fi service was a nice touch and convenience. Hotel staff was super friendly and helpful to our every needs. The breakfast bar was outstanding – love their pancakes. Thank you for a pleasant stay. This is our second time here and we will DEFINATELY be back… Great job Hyatt, Lisle!

Room Tip: Must stay in the panoramic suite - outstanding view...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great comments! We love having you stay with us and appreciate your loyalty.

Have a great week!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my 1st stay at the Hyatt in Lisle due to a last minute Ikea run to Bolingbrook and this was close by. The room was a very pleasant surprise - more of a suite with a king bed and a separate sitting area with a couch, chair and a writing desk. Nice bathroom with standard size tub and complimentary toiletries. The flat screen TV was on a swivel stand making it visible from the sitting area and the bed. Upon checking in I was given a voucher for a free breakfast which was outstanding and the staff very friendly and accommodating and the free parking is always appreciated. I also used the large heated pool and overall enjoyed my stay very much. Next time I'll be in the area this will be my first choice!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to ice maker closet and elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Gabriele314
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed for the evening labor day weekend. Excellent facility, cordial with service and very good guest service. Parking was bit challenging with kids. But ambience and reception made for it. No breakfast but cannot gripe about it.

Room Tip: Call ahead for beds, if travelling with kids.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sathish J
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We look forward to your next visit with us.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This review is for a return to the Hyatt Lisle following a disappointing visit in May, 2012, as reviewed by me on May 22. We were contacted by the hotel following our disappointing stay in May and were offered a free stay to make up for our problems and to assure us they were not on-going. In summary, I must say that this stay was great, which matches our experience quite a few years ago. The employees were all cheerful, addressed us each time they saw us and were helpful – as they were in our May visit. We had a king suite that was quiet as most of the rooms seem to be and again enjoyed their wonderful $16 breakfast buffet that contains a huge variety of offerings. The issues that we had experienced earlier were non-existent. We found an ample supply of hot water, housekeeping on a standard that we would expect from a Hyatt and replacement items like towels and glasses provided on a daily basis. We still used the WIFI access in the lobby rather than pay the per day rate, but considering the service we experienced this time, it wasn’t as aggravating. All in all excellent and we will be back as we plan our daughter plans her wedding and will recommend a stay here for our of town guests.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dimmey
sninhamhyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us! We are thrilled that all went well for you this time around and we look forward to your future visits with us. Please contact me if I can be of assistance with your hotel needs!

steve.ninham@hyattlisle.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisle
Hilton Lisle / Naperville
Sheraton Lisle Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Chicago Marriott Naperville
Chicago Marriott Naperville
#7 of 18 in Naperville
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lisle
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

Been to Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville? Share your experiences!