“Great service...”

Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lisle
Reviewed February 14, 2012

The pricing for the hotel was very competitive so I wasn't sure if it was going to be outdated, in need of repair, etc. When my husband and I checked in I was pleasantly surprised that it was really a nice hotel. They had a lounge/ bar, restaurant which we did not take advantage of and a great pool and workout area. The concierge was very nice and informative. They ran us to the train station in town and back and even offered to take us to whereever we wanted to go to dinner so that we didn't have to drive in the snowy weather. I thought that was very gracious. We had a king bed room on the 14th (top) floor. I thought the bed was very comfortable. The alarm clocks came with adapters for Ipod's. The room had a large flat screen. It came with everything we needed for our stay. I would definitely stay here again on future visits to Chicago or surrounding areas.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor so that I wouldn't have nosy neighbors above me but it wasn't need...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
sninham2484, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your response! I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your time at the hotel as well as the services that we provide. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Just had a wonderful weekend at this hotel in a newly remodeled room. The room itself was beautiful, great new tile and carpet made the quality of the room feel so nice. The workout room was perfect for my needs and the pool was heated which was awesome. The staff was also very good and very friendly. The only thing that was missing for me was a mini fridge, however I was told that they are going to put those in at least the type of room I was in.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Caren B
sninham2484, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your room. We are not quite finished however since we still have new furnishings to put in all of our guest rooms. We have looked at getting mini refridgerators as well and am not yet decided which rooms will be getting those. We will be sure to update our website with that information when this gets completed.

We look forward to your next visit with us!

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 6, 2012

This hotel is renovating and they have done a tremendous job on the rooms. Pool was warm and the exercise room is excellent. Staff is friendly and helpful. The location is great for business.

• Stayed: February 2012

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for the great feed back! I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and wanted to let you know that should have all of our rooms renovated by the beginning of April. We only have the new furninshings and draperies that need to be placed in our rooms.

If I can ever be of assistance to you, please email me at steve.ninham@hyattlisle.com

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2012

This hotel consistently provides service that would put some five-star hotels to shame. Obviously a very well trained staff.

The newly renovated rooms have a very upscale feel and are a real treat at this price point. I do have some recommendations that the hotel should address. The old rooms used to have a sofa with a side table and lamp. It was a really great place to stretch out and read or watch TV. It has now has been replaced by a pair of very cool and stylish chairs that are uncomfortable to sit in for more than a moment. And there is no lighting anywhere near them, making that area of the room very dark after sundown and impossible to read a book or magazine.

Overall, a great value and a solid alternative to the mostly bland suburban hotels in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed here recently for one night on a business trip. Hotel is undergoing some updates - overall a decent stay. I was put in one of the large rooms at the end of a hall with a panorama view. Nice big room, but road noise is an issue. The rooms are a bit tired and could use some updates, but not bad overall. Nice lobby - great coffee - breakfast buffett is pretty decent. Gym is well appointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your comments! I am glad that you had a chance to stay in one of our Panoramic rooms. We are undergoing renovations at this time and should have our rooms completed by the begining of April. I think you will be very pleased with the appearance of our new rooms.

If I can assist you with you next vist, please email me at steve.ninham@hyattlisle.com
I hope you have a great week!

Reviewed December 28, 2011

My husband and I chose to put the Hyatt of Lisle on our wedding invitations as one of the hotels in the area to stay at. Because it was right across the way from our wedding location, almost all of our guests chose to stay there. When we first spoke to one of the planners at the hotel she stated that we would receive a free stay as the bride and groom if a certain number of people stayed there. Then that girl left the company and we got re-assigned to a different planner. She then led us on to believe that we would be getting our honeymoon suite for free. Also we spent money and time on creating gift bags for all of our guests. We put their first and last names on the bags and were assured that each of our guests on the wedding block would receive their bags as they checked in. She said that all of their names would be flagged in the system. The day before the wedding my fiancé checked into his room. I had created a bag for him and he did not receive it. He went down to the front desk to get it and ask why he wasn't given the bag when he checked in. They said there was nothing on file stating that he got one. We called the planner and she said that she flagged each and every one herself and that it was in the computer but the front desk guy was new and he didn't know hat to look for. Needless to say only half of our guests received their bags and the bride and groom (us) didn't get their special bags either. When we went to the front desk the day after the wedding to check out and to collect the rubbermaid bin and extra bags that weren't handed out, all we received was an empty bin and a bill for our honeymoon suite. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
I hope the hotel staff enjoyed all of the free stuff they too from our guests and that the planner felt good for misleading us and adding extra stress to our wedding weekend.
Dirty, old, outdates rooms and terrible service. I wouldn't recommend staying at this hotel to anyone. Ever.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. The Double Tree is a little further down the road, stay there instead.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Reg_Cookin
sninham2484, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

I am very sorry to hear what happened during your wedding. This does not sound typical of our hotel and I want to apologize for all that had occured during your stay here. Please feel free to contact me so that we can further discuss. I want to do what it takes to make this right for you. My email is steve.ninham@hyattlisle.com Our room renovations will be done in April so perhaps we can have you back for a return visit?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed December 10, 2011

This hotel comes up on Priceline often and for a very good price. We have stayed here many times over the last 12 years because we had college students in the area. The hotel has a great common area and (at least at our last Nov visit, which was a weekday) free Starbucks in the lobby in the morning. The rooms have a nice layout with the sleeping area separating a living area with the shelves and TV half wall unit. Convenient self parking although there is a shuttle for those who need it.
Yes, we have seen the hotel rooms age in the years. The wallpaper, mirrors, and tubs are showing wear. More important to us is the cleanliness on the room and bedding which are still up to Hyatt standards. The panorama room is amazing and we even lucked out once and got that once on Priceline.
The staff is always knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. We are very happy to spend the night here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisle
Hilton Lisle / Naperville
Sheraton Lisle Naperville Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Hotel Arista
Hotel Arista
#3 of 18 in Naperville
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

Been to Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville? Share your experiences!