“Beautiful setting, good food.”

Wheatstack - A Midwestern Eatery & Tap
Ranked #16 of 72 Restaurants in Lisle
Description: Wheatstack - A Midwestern Eatery & Tap features great food, a welcoming bar and raised deck overlooking breathtaking views of River Bend Golf Club. Enjoy some of our specialty entrees, including mother's pot roast, farm house meatloaf, or try the penne vodka with blackened chicken for a new twist on a classic dish. Visit on Mondays and get our famous steak burger for only 1/2 price! If you're just in the mood for a drink, come in to share a bottle of wine with friends or try one of our signature cocktails, such as our secret house recipe for sangria.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I attened my class reunion here so I can't say what it's like to dine traditionally. However, our group received attentive service and the food was good. It's a very pretty setting just off the highway but nestled in with the golf course with lots of windows and outdoor seating available.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We've been long time residents of the Lisle area and have eaten at this establishment numerous times, even back when it was called The View (a much more appropriate name since the west view and the patio view all face west towards the adjacent golf course. We like the décor and atmosphere. The bar is okay but lacks an adequate selection of liquors. The food has always been very good. However, the service has varied greatly. I'm pretty sure that Wheatstacks is operated by and outside vendor for the Lisle Park District. It's too bad they don't do a better job of screening and training who they higher as servers. Our last experience in early September 2013 was disappointing because of the service. We sat out on the patio and ordered our drinks and proceeded to wait about 10 minutes for them. I finally went into the bar and asked for the manager and the bartender asked me if there was a problem. I told her (very young and apparently inexperienced) that we had been waiting for our drinks (both on the drink menu) and she told me that they had run out of one of the ingredients and had to go down to the liquor storage to get the ingredient. I would have been nice if our server had said something to us but she was pretty uncommunicative and not very attentive throughout our dinner. When it came time to pay the bill, I left and extra $20 in addition to enough cash to pay the bill and asked her to break the $20. When she came back she just gave me the $20 in change and not the other cash that was left over from what I gave her. Her excuse what she misunderstood her. As I said earlier, the atmosphere and the food is very good but I felt the service was more like what you'd expect from a mediocre diner with the server calling me honey. Sir would have more appropriate for a place like Wheatstacks. The only reason I didn't give this a poor rating is because of the ambiance and the quality of the food.

1  Thank robby-d