“Just as good as the original Chinns up north”

Chinn's 34th St Fishery
Ranked #8 of 72 Restaurants in Lisle
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Chinns is somehow related to the Chinns in Northbrook?? Fresh fish flown in daily and don't forget the garlic rolls. Cannot beat it for the seafood. Atmsphere id very basic so if you are looking for just great seafood you will be more than satisfied. great for lunch too!!

There are newer reviews for Chinn's 34th St Fishery

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had lunch recently at Chinn's and the experience we had was an exact duplicate to the previous time we ate here about six months prior. Our meal started with soup, I had clam chowder and my wife had the lobster bisque. Both were delicious and creamy, and when you order a "cup" its more like a bowl. The soup arrived at the same time the hot and fresh garlic rolls showed up, which were very tasty. Ou very attentive waiter was quick to ask if we wanted a second round of the rolls, which we quickly said yes to. For the main course for lunch my wife ordered a seafood salad, and I ordered a crab cake sandwich. Both were extremely good, and the pricing for both was very reasonable, which was consistent with the rest of the seafood on the menu. At our previous visit we ordered grilled fish meals which were very good as well and again well priced for such fresh fish.

The wait staff at the restaurant is very professional and more seasoned than many other restaurants. They are at your table when you need them and then they go away and are pleasant.

And yes, the decor of the restaurant is stuck in the 80's, not very modern but well kept and clean. Compared to other seafood restaurants in the Naperville area, the food here is on par with any of them and is definitely a bargain.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Eat here on a regular basis, we haven't found another fish place that is not charging outrages prices. I'll deal with the outdated decor, as long as the service & food continues to be good.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I love this place. We go here as often as we can. They fly their seafood in daily. It's fresh and the garlic butter rolls are to die for. The Mai Tai's are awesome too. I highly recommend. You can dress up or go casual. Great place

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Only place in the area that I know that gets their fish flown in daily. Monchong is my favorite. Try getting that at Red Lobster! Excellent owners and we have always had fantastic service.