“GOOD FOOD BUT POOR SERVICE FOR THE PRICE THEY CHARGE!!”

Allgauer's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Allgauer's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 72 Restaurants in Lisle
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rt. 53 or Naperville Road
Bloomingdale, il
“GOOD FOOD BUT POOR SERVICE FOR THE PRICE THEY CHARGE!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The food is excellent. They have a great chef and I have always like everything they serve. My problem with this restaurant that every time I go there the service is little if any. They have one person walking around filling water glasses and he does keep them filled. But order coffee and that's a different story. We waited for almost 45 min. for our dinner last time and I couldn't get a refill on coffee to save my sole. I finally asked the water guy for coffee and he got some for me. Dont' you think that maybe he could fill the water then switch to the coffee and fill the cups. The waiter finally came and said that the dinner would be out in 2 min. and did I want more coffee. I said yes please but never saw the coffee. We waited another 15 min. after that before dinner was server and finally had to ask for the coffee again. Never asked if my husband would like another drink. The waiters are just not trained and for the money they charge they should be all over you with service. Don't know if I'll go back. Love the food but a lot of good restaurants that give good service for the money. If they keep up the way they are going they will be a thing of the past which will be sad because they do have good food.

• Visited February 2013

illinois
“Sunday brunch”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and were at the Hilton and stayed for brunch. The service was outstanding. The selections of fresh seafood and prime rib were delicious. We will be back with our family.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ronasing2
Rockville, Maryland
“Friendliest Bartender around”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Jose,

Great pour. Thanks for the friendly conversation too. Although I didn't eat a the bar, I did see what looked like great food. The gentleman next to me was inhaling what appeared to be fish taco with tons of hot sauce. I can't wait to return and try some.

Visited November 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Thanksgiving buffet”
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Had a large group here for Thanksgiving buffet. Probably the biggest buffets I have seen. They had about everything you would want and all was very good.

Illinois
“Fruit flies- it's what's for dinner.”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We dine here a few times a year; however, this restaurant has become progressively terrible.
On our last outing, my wife's chicken was undercooked (pink and slightly bloody). She obviously sent it back, which dampened the atmosphere.

Then there is the fruit fly issue. We were seated in a booth where pesky fruit flies were hovering over our table. I was so aggravated that I dispatched one with a clap. Although I am sure someone from the wait staff saw me swatting fruit flies, no one addressed the situation. I'm guessing I'm not the first to take issue with these insects.

The final letdown was when my waiter omitted offering us dessert and just dropped the check. Due to his ambivalence to our dining satisfaction, I decided to forego my favorite dessert, banana beignet.

It does not end here. A few days later, I contacted the restaurant and explained my displeasure. The manager agreed that serving undercooked chicken could make someone sick but I don't recall her offering up any resolutions.

Then I told her about the fruit flies. She admitted that they have a serious fruit fly problem, which they are having trouble addressing. If you know you have a problem, then why are you still serving customers?

I could tell that she was not truly interested in my experience so I asked if she could relay my information to her manager. She agreed and stated that she would email me back yet I have heard nothing from the restaurant.

Unless you staying at the Hilton, I would suggest you dine at another restaurant. Within five miles of the Hilton, I suggest Adelle's Fine American Fare for a great dining experience. Their food is high quality and their staff are true professionals. If you still decide to eat at Allgauers, I suggest you bring a fly swatter, just in case!

• Visited September 2012