“Had a blast”

Four Lakes Ski Area
Reviewed March 2, 2014

First, I am not a skier. Second, I am looking forward to getting better and going again. I would def recommend coming here and I will be coming back next year at least once. My son, 12, learned quickly from Dallas and he and I had a great afternoon together. Thanks! Glad I found this spot.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"jumps"
"snowboarding"

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The bottom of the hill is fenced off to anyone without a ticket, I found out the hard way, that my 6 year old kids had to fend for themselves on the rope tow. When I asked the gentleman checking the tickets at the gate check if I can help my kids learn how to use the rope tow, he told me that I would be a liability and he wouldn't let me go, asked if someone is there to show them, he said they should have taken a class. Then when my kids skis fell off, he made me stand and watch as my kid walked with one ski to the gate.
Save your $28, just give it to your kid, he'll be much happier.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I used to live in Four Lakes. Their skiing area is fine for the extreme beginner or for somebody who doesn't want to drive north four hours. There are always lots of kids in the snow boarding area. If you go through the park district in Naperville you get (4) one-hour group lessons plus ski and boot rental for around $100.

3  Thank WorldTravelers34
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

If you don't want to drive very far, and you have a new skier or someone who wants to learn, it's perfect! It's certainly not the alps but great for newer skiers or when you are looking to do something close in the dead of winter!

1  Thank Dellcomm3
See more reviews
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We just love Four Lakes! It is a very small hill with tow ropes, but the spirit there is great, they have good equipment and a fun jumps for boarders. They have a nice pub for drinks after being on the slopes and the kids can have a great day there skiing safely. Instructors are wonderful and very patient. Highly recommend.