“Nothing to special”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (630) 904-9888
Reviewed December 27, 2011

The good:
Quick sitting
The Chef was very personable and funny
Top shelve booze
Plenty of parking

The bad:
Service was nothing special - I was thinking of ordering the steak and lobster. I asked if the lobster was fresh or frozen. The server did not understand. I asked numerous times, were upon she did not understand , nor went to find someone to understand. so I ordered different
I knew it was going to be expensive, but the quality of food does not meat (lol) the money we spent.
I ordered the steak and scallops. The wife ordered chicken and Steak.. The scallops were not fresh; I had a few and turned to my wife and said if I get sick, its from the scallops. I did not get sick that night.
We asked for the steak med/rear, it came rear.

It was entertaining for the kids.

Wife and I had a huge stomach ache all night. Probably from the oil and the moutain of butter they used.

I will not go back for a long time.

1  Thank TCMNLIL

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We went to Tairyo House for our anniversary. It has been newly reopened as a Japanese restaurant. The meal was very nice, and fitting for a special occasion. Their menu is somewhat broader than the typical teppanyaki offering. Besides the usual fare, they have combinations with tuna, salmon or calamari, as well as lobster by itself. Fried rice is included, as either vegetable or chicken. They also offer a variety of appetizers and a full range of sushi. The bar is somewhat limited; however they serve three Japanese beers. The building itself is visually striking from the outside, and very nicely done inside. The only thing that I didn’t like was the music. It sounded like rap influenced party music for teenagers, and was distracting rather than adding to the ambience. I would recommend Tairyo and we will be back for more.