“All-Around Average”

Mullen's Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 72 Restaurants in Lisle
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I find myself in a rare situation where I'm lacking any inspiration about what to write. I had an overall good experience but nothing stood that would make me want to come back. The service was good, the food was good, the prices were good, atmosphere was good. But no more or less. In the end, you won't regret going here but you won't want to go out of your way either.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Well, what started out as a nice evening to celebrate my girlfriends birthday... turned into some sort or horror film by the end of it all. My husband and 3 other couples went out for a nice night with our closest friends. There were 6 of us. we chose mullens because it had karaoke on Fridays. well everything was fine, our server was okay, even though she charged a few drinks of other peoples on my tab. The Karaoke dj would not let a person sing more then once. He had no system. No paper to write your name on, no book with the songs. He just chose who he wanting to sing and when.... BUT HERE IS THE KICKER. We were wrapping up our night and suddenly a drunk guy behind us puked all over us. He actually hurled on the floor and it sprayed up all over our clothes and brand new designer purse. He was obviously intoxicated the whole night and they kept serving him. After he puked all over us, we were greeted by the General Manger that said "its not that bad" and did not even offer us a comp or dry cleaning or anything. I got out of there right away... it was the grossest thing that has ever happened to me.. Mean while, they let the guy stay there and keep on DRINKING! I actually called this morning to get some kind of resolution. The General Manger LAUREN, told me to get over it and it wasnt that bad.. IT WAS THAT BAD! My friends felt it spray on them, you could see it on their shirts and my leather purse now has acid marks from the BILE that was splashed out of his mouth,. FRANKLY this place is the most disgusting place I ever been in. They didnt even bleach or sterilize the floors. They just wiped it up with towels. THIS IS WHERE PEOPLE EAT! The way the General Manger handles it is horrible. I am going to call the city of lisle and make sure that they investigate the over pouring of their customers. AND I WILL BE MAKING SURE THAT NO BODY I KNOW EVER GOES IN THERE AGAIN. The manager went off on me when I called. He actually called me a b#!ch and hung up on me!!!!! OMGOSH. This place is wretched. In the end do not go here.... you will be treated like scum, while the scum puke all around you. This place is for the white trash, alcoholics, and people that hate the world. The manager is a pig to women, he has zero hospitality experience, and is a down right animal to speak too. No class. This bar is the bottom of the barrel. I felt like i was on an episode of KITCHEN NIGHTMARES.... that bad

1  Thank Jacklyn C
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The burgers at Mullen's were very good but the restaurant was very noisy. We did go during a hockey playoff so expected some noise but the acoustics here amplified the level.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

A typical bar and grill with excellent food and drink. Service is awesome. It's hard to find a place now that serves sloppy joes and tater tots and they are wonderful. The Joe meat is served separately so if you don't want sloppy, you don't have to. Also, wonderful blackened tilapia and the absolute best homemade salsa. For desert, creme brulee! We go there at least once a week. Prices are fair and Sundays have $1 burgers!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I ate here twice on a business trip and neither time was I disappointed. I got a Reuben the first time and a salad the second and both were excellent. Portions are large and the food comes out quickly.

Staff was also very friendly and the atmosphere was fun.

1  Thank Shannon D