“Nice experience”
Review of Morton Arboretum

Morton Arboretum
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Lisle
More attraction details
Owner description: Only 25 miles west of Chicago, there's something for everyone in all four seasons at The Morton Arboretum. Whether you seek a quiet hike in the woods or an active family day out, The Morton Arboretum offers a wide variety of fun activities, events, tours, and classes for all ages and interests. Here you'll find an oasis of 16 miles of hiking trails and nine miles of paved roads, perfect for hiking, running, biking or just exploring. From a guided tour on an open-air tram to the award-winning Children's Garden and Maze Garden, to seasonal exhibits and lunch in The Ginkgo Restaurant overlooking Meadow Lake, the Arboretum is a unique place to explore, discover, escape, and connect with trees and nature.
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Nice place. Good guide, interesting plants. Learned a lot about Northern Illinois flora.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

This is the place to see trees. An amazing park to hike in and explore.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

great space to wander around, nice driving thru the beautiful trees , has a childrens area, restaurant, etc.

Thank Gerry-ped.
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I recently attended a sponsored event at Morton Arboretum and they did a wonderful job. The grounds are beautiful. It is easy to spend hours there. The event was held inside the Visitors Center in a private area. The bartenders made wonderful drinks and the hot appetizers were wonderful. The same people who catered the event also create the food for the visitors center restaurant. The food there is really very good. Go and spend the day. You will be surprised.

1  Thank sandm4
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We used to take it for granted, but now we use the Arboretum in many ways. I was driving by last week, so I decided to stop in to ask a plant question that has been on my mind. I really stopped in to bask in the glow of the place for a few minutes.

- Any concert is a good one. Usually the music is good, but always, it does not matter if the music is good. The setting is grand!

- Great place to take the kids. They learn, they get out in nature.

- Just walk. Close or far from the Visitor's Center.

- Whenever I have a plant question (is my Ash infested with the Emerald Ash Borer? Will the pH value of limestone hurt the surrounding soil for hostas?), they have a regular "clinic" where I pop in or call.

Yes, we are members. We get in free and feel that we are supporting the future of our planet.