“The best Greek street food even in Greece ”

Apolis Greek Street Food
Ranked #15 of 79 Restaurants in Lisle
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

I can't even tell you how much I loved this place. It is probably some of the most authentic Greek souvlaki, gyros (American places don't know what true gyros is) & I know the pitas are made fresh. I am Greek & this tops places in Greece for authentic gyros & kebobs.

First, gyros spits are not pressed meat like you find in any Greek fast food joint. They are hand made & choices of lamb & beef, chicken & spicy pork are some of the juiciest & most tender I've ever had.

You can get an authentic pita gyros which includes the Greek way of putting French fries in the pita. You'll never want another gyros again & I felt like I was back in Greece! There's Greek sauce which is NOT the typical tzatziki but you can get that. I'd stick with the Greek sauce if you want authentic Greek gyros.

The great thing is you can get a protein bowl! Think Greek chipotle but 100 times better! The salads are top notch & you can mix it up if you're not into a pita style wrap.

There's the gargantuan delicious Skepasti which is like a Greek style covered quesadilla. Pita lathered in meat, cheese, onions, peppers & Greek sauce & another topping of pita & grilled to perfection! A must!

The apps include Greek gigantes or giant Lima beans in tomato sauce. What? I haven't seen a street food place have gigantes especially this good.

Desserts include Greek style crepes, authentic frappes (iced Greek coffee) but by the time we finished our food we were too happy & full. I'd return in a heartbeat and even though it's a small place in a strip mall, it's fantastic!

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Apolis Greek Food opened last month and I've been there every week! They totally re-designed the interior with booths and tables, and it is spotlessly clean. The food is typical Greek casual with large upright rotisseries of "Yeero"--beef & lamb, chicken, pork or pork picante. Beef & lamb is my favorite in the bowl or salad (with Tzatziki sauce!). My husband loved the hefty portion of meat on the pita.
Fresh, healthy options to top your order. Great carry out too!

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

I finally found a place that is as good as the food in Greece. Living in Chicago you would think that other restaurants know how to make a Gyro but they don't. The food tasted fresh and the sauce was so delicious.

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

This newly opened Greek Street Food restaurant is how I remember Greek food from my visits to Greece and the surrounding Islands. The Giro (shown as Yiro on the menu) is authentic and often more than a person can eat comfortably. The diner gets to choose what goes on top of the chosen meat and what sauce to have with the Giro. I recommend their homemade Tzatziki sauce. It's not greasy food either nor is it too dry. Recommended.

Reviewed July 17, 2017

This place is fairly new. Food is fresh and served in front of you. They got gyros, pitas, lettuce wraps, full meals. We have visit this spot about three times now, always getting something different. We really like the lemon chicken soup and the pitas. The staff is super helpful and nice. They serve a decent amount of meal for your buck. We love to have this for lunch. It's been busy every time we go but it doesn't take too long to order. There's lot of parking available and plenty of seating inside too. You can also just order to take out. Support this establishment!

1  Thank Traveling-TiaraG