“Consistent quality and service”

L. Woods Tap & Pine Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
L. Woods Tap & Pine Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Lincolnwood
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lincoln & Kostner
Lincolnwood, Illinois, United States
“Consistent quality and service”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

As with other Lettuce Entertain You restaurants, the service and quality of the food is always consistently good. Good family atmosphere in the dining room. Primarily a steak and rib place, the skirt steak is excellent, as are the daily specials. As with other Lettuce Entertain You restaurants, L. Woods is very accomodating for gluten free or food allergies, and the taste of the food does not suffer if you have gluten intolerance or allergies.

• Visited January 2014

• Serbian first
appleton
“Weak link for a Lettuce Restaurant”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have been to many Lettuce restaurants, this one is my least favorite. First of all, what type of music do they play? If they are trying to replicate a northern state local place they have it wrong. The chopped salad was not very good. Ordered a chopped steak, guess its good if you like heavy peppers and onions embedded in it. It was not very good. Mrs. McT had a very average fish dish. Bring back Bones!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank auggiemctavish
Lombard, Illinois
“Wow. What a surprise!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Having spent a lot of time in the Supperclubs of the Upper Peninsula, I was curious to see what this place was all about.

Within 5 minutes, I felt like I was back up North. Very cool atmosphere. The house made shandy was very tasty. Great cheese curds as well. They also bring a little loaf of onion bread to the table. It was so good!

I ordered the dry rubbed ribs. I really liked them. I like dry, well done meat, and that's what I got. They came with a very good bbq sauce for dipping. I did try the devils sauce. I found it a little to spicy for my liking, but it was very good mixed with the regular sauce.

I also had the apple strudel. Do not pass on this. Warning, you need to order it before dinner as it is made to order. Also, it is HUGE so prepare to share, or take it home with you for several days of dessert. It was even better cold the next few days!

Out waitress could have been a bit more....I just more. She didn't really detract from the experience, but she did not add anything to the experience.

This place is a drive for me, but I will be back!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank bradner3
“Doesn't live up to the hype!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

While the service was very good, the same can't be said for the food or the price points. I was excited to try the fish fry because part of the marketing boasts the quality of their fish supply. Very disappointed with what was nothing more than frozen out of a box fish pieces. The Walleye Finger appetizer was about the same, &17.99 for the fish fry, $7.99 for the Walleye Chips.

The Old Fashion was very good but for the $8 price tag, I expected more than the tiny glass that it came in.

My wife had the 1/2 slab of ribs. They must buy from the smallest pigs on earth, because the order consisted of 5 rib bones & a side for $16.99. Very disappointing.

The highlight of the visit was the Apple Strudel. Fabulous. Get it to go.

Lettuce Entertain You puts alot into marketing. It does seem to work. They're busy all the time. However, they do seem to appeal to people who are willing to pay a high price for more style than substance.

I would not go back again. I would money ahead by driving the extra miles across the border & enjoy a real supper club experience. You'll walk away full, with plenty to drink, and plenty of money still in your wallet!!

2 Thank Saint-Pat-A
Chicago, Illinois
“So Homey!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Walking into this restaurant is like walking a street down memory lane. The drinks a from yesteryear, and don't think I'm saying that is a bad thing! They muttle and shake whiskey and vodka drinks that have been long forgotten! The ribs and chicken were just delicious...as was the shrimp cocktail. We also had the prime rib, and while it was good, it was just ok. That being a house special, I was a little disappointed! All in all, we had a fabulous dinner and dessert. The service was excellent!
Reservations are a must!