“Very friendly folks and very good food!”

L. Woods Tap & Pine Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
L. Woods Tap & Pine Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Lincolnwood
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lincoln & Kostner
Mobile, Alabama
“Very friendly folks and very good food!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

When in north Chicago area in go out of my way to come here. The flatbread pizza and BBQ chicken is fantastic. The beers are cold and lot of selections to choose from. The staff from Mama on down to the very nice and very personable girls behind the bar make this place a fun place to visit and a great place to eat. They make a southerner feel right at home here. I highly recommend it.

• Serbian first
Evanston, Illinois
“Cozy, good food and good service”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had never heard of L Woods until yesterday!! A friend that I hadn't seen in years suggested that we meet at L Woods for dinner. It was a great time! The place is really cozy, the staff was very friendly, the food was good and so was the service. And I must add that the women's restroom was spotless. i will definitely make the short drive from Evanston and bring my family.

• Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Excellent Food; great Manager”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Want a great time? You found it at LWoods... Pat Gallivan is on top of his game. He knows how to give customers more than they asked for and is an asset to the restaurant. Berto gives his thumbs up & a tip o' the hat to him...

• Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing Family Dinner”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After the first of the year my family and I went to this restaurant. From start to finish everything we had was wonderful. We were a larger group so my cousin organized it so it was served family style. She had pre-ordered everything and it was perfect. The staff was very accommodating. The parmesan crusted filet mignon was my favorite and the ribs just fell off the bone. I cannot wait to go back! the hard part will be choosing what to order :)

• Visited January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“A Really Great Place, If You Are In The Area.”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This place looks like an old Wisconsin lodge with almost every square inch of wall space covered by mostly black and white photos of restaurant patrons. Other reviewers have mentioned how cozy this place feels and that truly is the perfect descriptor. Even as a first timer you feel welcomed and at home as you dine.

We were seated in a corner table near the bar. Our server was great She was warm and welcoming and was quick to get us cocktails / beer and to tell us the specials. The dinner menu had several items that were tempting me. The server provided guidance (telling me more about the dishes and not just telling me which one to pick). I went with her suggestion. I told our server that I had never been to L. Woods before and wanted something they were known for, hence the ribs. A few minutes later the manager came over with some barbecue chicken flat bread welcoming us first timers to the restaurant. A very welcoming feel.

We found out later that our server has worked at L. Woods for about 16 years. She said it was a really great place to work. She seemed very happy and it showed in her service.

Now to the food. The shrimp cocktail took a long time to arrive, but the server said they clean the shrimp upon order, but our shrimp didn't look all that thoroughly cleaned. We had to do some clean up ourselves. The cocktail sauce has a bit of horseradish which made it even more delicious.

The French Onion Soup was fantastic. There was nothing left of the Wedge Salad or my cup of Tomato Bisque. You can't go wrong with these three selections.

The entrees were also very tasty. The Prime Rib was served with a traditional horseradish sauce and was well marbled and prepared as ordered. The Filet was much bigger than we were expecting and was served with mushrooms.

The ribs...where to begin? First, I usually don't eat ribs, they are just too messy. They were fantastic! They were so fork tender every morsel of meat fell off the bone. I ate the entire slab and didn't make a mess at all.

The Mashed Potato side dish was absolutely great as well. They had such great flavor (must have some cheese in them as well. I could have eaten an entire pan of those potatoes.

A couple negatives on the experience. The appetizers took quite a while to come out - this is when the server explained that the shrimp are cleaned when ordered. Guest 1 ordered a second cocktail and it almost never came. Our server came to let us know that our food would be our shortly and realized the cocktail hadn't arrived. She was very apologetic and promised that Guest 2's drink wouldn't take as long as Guest 1's did. I didn't order a refill.

Now the real question: Would I return? If I were in the area, I absolutely would stop by for dinner or lunch. I was very happy with my entire experience at L. Woods. Would I consider it a destination restaurant? No. I live in the City and am car-free, so getting to L. Woods is a bit tricky for me and honestly, I don't think it is good enough to take the train then a suburb bus

If you go you've got to try the ribs and the mashed potatoes. Trust me - just try it.

• Visited January 2013