“L. Woods - a northwoods experience close to Home”

L. Woods Tap & Pine Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
L. Woods Tap & Pine Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Lincolnwood
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lincoln & Kostner
Chicago, Illinois
“L. Woods - a northwoods experience close to Home”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I went here last night. My niece reminded me that I had been there when it was "Bones" but I'm unable to remember anything about it except that I probably had ribs. We started with a wedge salad that was tasty. We asked to split it and there was no problem doing this. She had the whitefish which looked very good and was a large portion. She had mashed potatoes which she said were very good. (This is one of her favorite restaurants). I had mac and cheese which came in it's own dish with a nice crusty top. This was very good. I also had ribs which I ordered "dry rub" but came with sauce. I asked if this was right and the waitress definitely admitted I ordered dry rub but she keyed in "with sauce". She took it back to the kitchen, no problem and apologized a couple of times. For me, this was no big deal really. I had a half slab which meant six ribs which weren't exceptionally meaty or very tasty. I guess when I order ribs I'm expecting something beautifully cooked, amazingly tasty and shiny with a mahogany color. I'm expecting each rib to look and taste like they were carefully crafted. These ribs fell a bit short of the mark. Next time I'll try the beef ribs.

• Visited January 2013

• Serbian first
London, United Kingdom
“What a great place for great food (especially the beef ribs)”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic time!!!!
Went with a group of 11 and we brought entertainment..... We had the salad some wings and some beef ribs. The drinks and food service was really good even though we have the waitress a hard time.... Foo allergies and lots of requests.

The food arrived promptly and was correct and piping hot.

$350 for 11 inc drinks wine and service Wouk highly recommend.

Chicago
“First Time Back Since "Bones" & Typical”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Looking for something different for dinner a decesion was made try this eatery. I remember when it was "Bones" back in the day. Now L Woods being part of the LEYE group seemed worth while to atleast give it a shot. Overall impressions were odd. Walking into a lodge that is blanketed with pictures of random people all over the walls. Old school super club is accurate to describe the decor and atmosphere. Nothing terribly fancy here and our booth table was probably the original from Bones, as it was chewed up so bad it was actually a bit disturbing with chunks missing. The menus is basic with burgers, fish chicken and ribs. The 1/2 chicken is very tender and the BBQ sauce with the baby back ribs was smokey and slightly sweet. Actually maybe the same recipe as Bones... The prices seemed high with the cheese curd appetizer poorly portioned at $7, 1/2 chicken dinners being $16 and fulls slab of ribs being $26 when compared to other LEYE restaraunts. Maybe this was influenced by the meal arriving to the table mere minutes after ordering, hence all the food being kept warm rather than made to order. Service was simply ok and drinks were on empty during most of the meal. Proper cutlery was not presented until mid meal so maybe service was less than ok. Overall this place is trying to be a upscale/casual dinner place but it is more like a Wildfire that goes camping. I would reccommend the ribs and chicken however I don't think I would suggest this place with such a vast selection of other choices available in Chicago.

• Visited December 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“L. Woods Tap & Pine Lodge Lincolnwood IL”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had great lunch here on our way out of town and wish we had tried it sooner and more than once.The walleye chips were a great light snack while we figured out the menu. There are lots of things to share here. Great busy atmosphere.
The chopped salad with chicken, tomato, blue cheese, scallions, bacon and pasta with a mustard vinaigrette was a meal. Try the half size order. The dry rubbed baby back ribs were falling off the bone tender. The bbq planked salmon and burgers were devoured by our group, too.

• Visited September 2012
Springfield, Missouri
“Hemingway would have dined here”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

As I walked into L Wood, I expected to see Ernest Hemingway sitting at the bar. The place was packed, even on a Wednesday night, but we received prompt and attentive service. I had the marinated skirt steak that melted in your mouth. What a great experience, I look forward to my next trip to Chicago so that I can experience another facet of L Wood.

• Visited May 2012