“Popular so make a Reservation”

L. Woods Tap & Pine Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
L. Woods Tap & Pine Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Lincolnwood
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lincoln & Kostner
Houston, Texas
“Popular so make a Reservation”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had a reservation for 5 p.m. on a Tuesday and upon arriving we found the restaurant already busy though there were still a few open tables. This was our first visit to this restaurant but we found it cozy plus they offer great comfort food on their menu at a reasonable price. The staff was attentive and professional. And though they were very busy we never felt rushed to order or complete our meal. If you are looking for a romantic place where you can have a quiet meal and normal conversation then this is not the place. The atmosphere and environment is conducive to families and people who want to have a good meal, not spend a lot of money, and have a good time. We will certainly include this restaurant on our next trip to Chicago but regardless of the day of the week a reservation recommended.

• Visited September 2012

• Serbian first
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a good night”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

When we arrived around 8:00pm on a Friday night the restaurant was half full. Nevertheless, we were seated in the bar at the very first seat behind the host stand. I guess they didn't feel like walking too far. Everything was fine with the food at this restaurant. However, all during dinner we were forced to listen to the hostess and her two helpers talk about the other employees and the patrons. I had a promo coupon for $15 off which I gave to my server when it was time to settle the check. When he brought me back the check, I noticed he had not taken the discount off. When he realized this he told me that I could have triple points instead. I declined. He then offered to return my promo coupon to me so I could use it another time. I declined. He said he could not get back into the check to deduct the discount because his computers were down. I said I would wait for a resolution. How long did I wait for the computer to get back on line? Wait for it.............................45 minutes!!! All during this time we were completely ignored by the host and the manager who knew we were having this difficulty but did not care about our dilemma. After 40 minutes I stood and asked the host who the manager was. She gave me his name and I asked her if I could speak to him about my issue. Her answer, "He's busy now fixing the computer".

• Visited August 2012
Skokie, Illinois
“A Taste of Wisconsin”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Through the decades, we've spent many a vacation meandering through the Dairy State and enjoying its venerable supper clubs. Much closer to home, L. Woods is as good as it gets. True, the bar does not have New Glarus Spotted Cow (not available in Illinois) and adjacent Proesel Park ain't exactly the North Woods, but this place is a delightful take on just the sort of eatery you'd find by one of those rustic lodges.

We've sampled much of the menu here and never made a bad choice. Their specialties, barbecue pork or beef ribs and chicken, are standouts. Almond-Crusted Walleye rivals any walleye we've had in Door County. Mahogany Chicken and Chicken a la Sima are popular holdovers from this restaurant's earlier incarnation as Bones. Sandwiches are hearty and satisfying. And the daily specials, described as "classic comfort foods," are not to be missed (go early on Sunday, before they run out of their wonderful fried chicken!).

The bar and dining rooms are dimly lit and cozy. Make advance reservations for peak times or else be prepared to endure a long wait for a table. Service is attentive but the kitchen has a tendency to get backed up. Takeout service/packaging is topnotch.

• Visited September 2012
Mobile, Alabama
“Come back regularly”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I come here when in town. I like the variety on the menu and all the food is great. Had combo of baby back ribs and BBQ chicken, yummy. My son had beef ribs that looked like something from the Flintstones. Another friend had a flatbread pizza and it was great. Our waitress was Megan and she was nice and gave good service. I like this place, good food, god prices and good service. No wonder it's been around so long!

chicago, illinois
“Overpriced, mediocre food, noisy atmosphere”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Have eaten here a few times, will never go back. Each time the food we ordered turned out to be pretty disappointing. Tends to be greasy, without much taste. The service leaves a lot to be desired.... takes a long time to get your food, and sometimes it tastes like it's been sitting around awhile before it is delivered to you. And, the prices are higher than they should be for what you get.

• Visited February 2012