“New hotel in good location”

Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Reviewed March 26, 2009

This hotel is pretty decent and located in a nice part of Lincolnshire. There is a movie theater, The Cheesecake Factory and other restaurants/stores right next to it. I would recommend dining at The Cheesecake Factory if you stay here. My room smelled funky (not sure what it was, maybe the cleaning supplies) but they are clean. This place is not very quiet. The beds and pillows are comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank truths33k3r

Reviewed January 21, 2009

Me, hubby, and our 2 kids (ages 3 1/2 and 11 months) stayed here for 2 nights. We were in room 227. I had called the hotel and spoke with "Vickie" who made the reservation for us. She was most curteous and put me at ease (I had requested a pack-n-play, extra linens, non smoking room and most importantly a freezer for my daughters food). She guaranteed all of these things and emailed a confirmation to me within minutes of our conversation.
Upon arrival, our room was ready ( we had arrived about an hour earlier than expected) and we checked in right away. Our room smelled clean, looked clean, and we were pleased. The room we booked had a king bed the room was divided with doors and inside the next room was a full size fridge/freezer, 2 burner stove, sink, and a place for 4 people to sit. There was a pull out sofa for my son to sleep on (already made up- some hotels leave the linens in the closet but ours was ready to go) and the pack-n-play was there with my extra linens.
The king size bed was so comfortable and snuggly with the linens they use. I miss that bed!
Over the two nights we only encountered one problem which was our sink was not draining properly but we called the front desk and someone fixed it right away. We knew someone had fixed it b/c they had left a business card with their name saying that they were there and to call if we had any more problems. The sink worked just fine after that.
The hotel staff was especially kind to my son- offering him fresh baked chocolate chip cookies through our stay(they bake them fresh and keep them on the check in counter). They also have a mini-mart where you can buy drinks for a fair price.
I would recommend this place to stay. They are super nice here and we will definately stay again. We were very pleased.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank VickiMaryland
Reviewed October 16, 2008

Stayed one night in this hotel. It was a nice hotel, very clean, and friendly staff. We drove in about 8pm at night. It was not well marked and after we drove around for 20 minutes, we had to call the hotel to find the place. It is hard to find, especially in the dark.

The room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was a little dated, but no big deal. Check in was fast and easy. The free breakfast was good, and well stocked.

We felt that 180.00 a night was a little high for this hotel, but it is in a business district. There is plenty of shopping and food nearby. We would stay here again, but maybe try to get a better price next time.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Sara W
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Make sure you request and get a non-smoking room. We reserved 2 suites and just assumed that they were non-smoking since we were never asked. WRONG Both rooms smelled like dirty ash trays and when I got home my clothes even smelled. First they tried to tell me I had requested a smoking room(no way). They tried to clean the rooms again and brought in an air purifier. It helped somewhat, but the rooms still smelled. In fact, the whole 3rd floor hallway smelled like an ashtray. It is too bad because other than that it was a very nice hotel and they were very accomodating. They did adjust the bill when I complained, but I would rather have paid the whole bill and not smelled the whole weekend.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank investmentguru
Reviewed May 12, 2008

Hampton gives a good value for the price. Hot items on the complimentary breakfast. I particularly like the "Robust" coffee blend. Free in-room wi-fi.

• Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank traininglady911
Reviewed April 1, 2008

My friend "won" an overnight stay as a raffle prize and her family did not want it. My husband and I took our two boys, 6 and 7, and we had a very enjoyable stay. The hotel was a lot nicer, even sleek, and very clean. The staff was friendly. If you are visiting the Lincolnshire area, I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank mominburbs
Reviewed September 30, 2007

This Hampton Inn is another example of what the mid-price Hilton facilities, primarily catering to the weekday business guest, do right! The facility is modern and clean, with a very helpful and friendly staff, and a nice breakfast. Coffee and tea are available throughout the day and night, as well as fruit. The rooms are spacious, bright and comfortable; the lobby is well-furnished and comfortable.

The hotel is located on Milwaukee Avenue, which is a typical, busy suburban thoroughfare with lots of speeding traffic. Be advised, however, that the Buffalo Grove Police Department seems to aggressively enforce the traffic laws in the area. There are nice stores and restaurants in the immediate area, including a large sports-themed restaurant/bar on the other side of Milwaukee Avenue (which is NOT pedestrian-friendly). There is good, inexpensive METRA train service from the area in to Chicago, but the closest train station (Deerfield) has very limited parking for the general public, and fills up quickly on weekdays. The Lake-Cook station, just a little further away, has a much-larger parking area. Once the morning rush hour is over, the trains scale back to every 60-90 minutes, so plan accordingly.

In summary, another lovely stay at a Hampton Suites!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank WannaRetire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!