“Top Notch Housekeeping”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Boiling Springs
“Top Notch Housekeeping”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was very impressed with the housekeeping staff. Coming back to a spotless room was such a great feeling after a long day. The housekeeping staff took the time to really take care of my room, and the things I had just flung around in my rush. The bathroom was spotless-the housekeeping staff even put a washcloth under my things like face scrubber, makeup brushes, brush, etc and organized and lined up my products. The coffee maker was cleaned, restocked, and the entire room was organized in such a spotless way. I was amazed! Another member of my group even said, "My room is so clean I can't even find my stuff". Great experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kevin L, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Our housekeeping staff does a great job making guests feel at home after a long day. I have passed along your great comments to our housekeeping staff. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Lincolnshire area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Confusion at checkin the front desk was giving us a regular room until I showed the confirmation was for a suite. She was able to give us the room we reserved. There were empty wine glasses blocking the entrance to the room from the previous guests and a light bulb was burned out and needed replacing. I contacted the front desk and they took care of it quickly, but seriously, these things should not occur in a well run hotel. We had a family function the next day and we were out of the hotel from 8:30 am to 2:45 and when we returned the room was not yet made up. Again I contacted the front desk and was told they have until 5pm to clean. The person was pretty rude that answered my call and I was not impressed. She should have just appologized and told me they'd get it done ASAP, instead she acted like my request was out of line. I wanted to rest and didn't want to be disturbed so they just brought fresh towels to exchange and emptyed the garbage. The room itself was nice, comfortable and quiet until Sunday morning the fire alarm nearly blew our ear drums out of our head. It went off for a LONG time until the Fire Marshall arrived and was able to turn it off. We were already awake, but for those still sleeping it was jolting. Apparently there was no fire or smoke thankfully, not sure why this occured, but it was very disruptive. If it weren't for the things the management could control this would actually be a nice hotel if it were better managed and the staff had some training on how to speak to the guests.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kevin L, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
I am terribly sorry that your experience during check-in was disappointing. I am happy we were able to get you into a suite as requested once the mix-up at check-in was resolved. Given our housekeeping department cleans guestrooms until 5pm on Saturday, I am sorry that the person who answered telephone was not more accommodating in granting your request to have your room serviced before 2:45pm. While inconvenient, our fire monitoring system worked as designed and according to Illinois State regulations. Once an alarm is activated, the fire alarm can only be silenced by a member of the Lincolnshire Fire Department.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me directly; I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.
Des Moines, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was a great hotel. Very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. It is in a nice area near shopping and restaurants. We travel frequently for basketball tournaments. We definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kevin L, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you decided to call us home while traveling for your basketball tournament.
Midwest US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have yet to be disappointed by Hampton Inns and Lincolnshire was no exception (with a few small suggestions).

The king room was very roomy and well appointed. The heat/air control worked great and the bed was very comfortable. There was plenty of drawer and closet space and hangars. The bathroom was adequate sized and I liked that the shower head accomodated taller people. Towels and bath supplies were plenty. I never experienced noisy hallways or pool areas and I was right by the pool/fitness room.

The breakfasts were very well done with plenty of options and some type of egg dish each morning and waffles, yogurt, cereals, pastries, oatmeal, etc., and the breakfast staff was great.

Next door to the Hampton there is a Champs restaurant and some other choices you can walk to. In the general area there are plenty of options if you have a car.

Some things for management to consider for the future:

No room safe, 32" LCD TV's seems small by today's standards in such a large room, and the tiny fitness room of 1 treadmill and 1 elliptical seems very lacking in today's business market. There were no cleaning wipes/towels to clean equipment either.

Several times there were no teabags and hot water for tea later in the day. Since they were right by the front desk they should be checked regularly. Almost hate to criticize the staff because I thought they were excellent (Except for the tea thing). Cleaning staff was excellent also.

Look forward to returning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us. I am sorry that the tea and coffee service was not up to Hampton standards. I have personally addressed this with our front desk team and can assure you that our team actively monitors the beverage station throughout the day. Our Fitness Center was recently renovated to include new fitness and yoga equipment. While our guestroom TV’s are 32 inches, we are one of the only hotels to feature full HD programming on our guestroom TV’s.
Lutherville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

The hotel was incredibly clean, friendly and comfortable. We had a corner suite with 2 queen beds and a separate living/kitchen area. The beds were so comfortable. I actually considered calling to find out what make and model mattresses they used.

We were there four nights (Thurs-Sun). Our original plan was two nights here and two in the city. But our trip didn't go as we had planned. We arrived in Chicago along with the record flooding. But our Hampton Inn was just fine!

The breakfast was very good and varied from day to day. There were many healthy choices, including turkey sausage, light yogurt, ready to eat bananas, apples and maybe some oranges. They even had a few breakfast to go bags ready to go if you were in a rush.

Did I mention how nice the staff was? From the front desk to the cleaning crew, everyone took a moment to say good morning and smile. I would definitely stay here again. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thomas W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We appreciate and are glad that you were impressed with the level of hospitality provided by our team. Our entire team understands the importance of ensuring your hotel Experience exceeds your expectations and we are glad we were able to achieve our goals. We look forward to welcoming you back home:)

Best Regards,
Thomas WIlson
Guest Experience Manager,
Denver, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hotel was tops in my books. It just completed a whole lobby renovation and I was blown away with the updates since the last time I had visited. The staff is always so pleasant, Samantha in particular - really took care of my needs. After a stressful day at the office, the quietness of my room was so peaceful! Great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Hampton Inn seems to cater mostly to business travellers and groups of wedding guests and youth sports teams, so this family of four with young children stood out a little. But the family room (304) accomodated us nicely: separate bedroom with two queens and a fold-out couch in the main room. Kitchen with large frigde and dish washer. Flatscreens in both rooms and separate A/Cs. Room is clean and quiet. Decent size indoor pool (open 7AM-11PM) and a small but well-equipped 24 hr fitness room. The complimentary breakfast offers a good selection of food. Staff always very helpful. To the extreme: we returned too late to transfer our washed clothes (five quarters per wash) to the dryer, so one of the cleaning ladies did it for us. For free! Amazing service.
Gripes? Just two small ones: the fridge in our room was very noisy and plastic utensils and styrofoam plates at breakfast. Try to cut a waffle with a plastic knife on styrofoam and you know what I mean. All things considered, we had an enjoyable stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Best Regards,
Thomas WIlson
Guest Experience Manager,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!