Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort
La Quinta
$145
$127
HotelIndigo.com
All reviewsgolf coursemarriott lincolnshireoutdoor poolthe concierge loungeon premisesroom servicefull serviceguest roomsgreat weekendquiet roomfront desk staffbusiness tripplayweddingconferencestarbuckstrail
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed at this hotel several times and will continue to stay here. Had rooms on the lake side..very peaceful. All of the rooms are very comfortable and clean. The entire hotel is very clean. Their workout rooms are complete with everything you need and the pools are good size not a tiny area. The staff is wonderful. They are very accommodating and personable. They have live theater on property with terrific shows. Also, two restaurants on property..very good.

Room Tip: they are all good. Lakeside has outside patio.
1  Thank merijo c
Christine R, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Merijo C,
Thank you for sharing your kinds comments about your recent stay. We appreciate you sharing your great experience with us on TripAdvisor! We look forward to being a part of your future stays here.
Christine Ruck

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed at this Marriott Resort on a Saturday night. Everyone was very friendly and it was clean. Fitness room was complete with different equipment and weights. Indoor pool was nice and peaceful. We had dinner at the Fairfield, food was very good, but menu was smaller than expected. Bar in lobby wasn't busy, mixed drinks are $7-$11. We saw the musical Cabaret at the theater. It was just a walk down the hallway to that area of the resort. Never had to go outside on this cold winter night.

Dear MrBill923,
Thanks for staying with us here are the Lincolnshire Marriott Resort! I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy a variety of activities that we have here on property! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel and their staff! First off, upon checking in the staff accommodated my request for an exceptionally quiet room even though it was New Year's Eve. The room we were given was PERFECT! It was on the back side of the hotel near the lake and was very quiet. More importantly, it was immaculate! Everything was clean - the floors, the bedding, the towels, the showers, and everything else! Next, room service was amazing. It was reasonably priced, delivered in a timely manner, and delicious! Additionally, we were there when it was snowing 2-3 inches an hour but the maintenance crew worked tirelessly to clean the sidewalks and the parking lot! Lastly, upon checking out we received 2 free coupons for the Starbucks beverage of our choice and a very nice, personable hand written note from the manager! I would chose this hotel time and time again! Thank you for everything and for making the last 2 days of our trip outstanding!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Christine R, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Pack4ever,

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband surprised me with tickets to Mary Poppins and an overnight stay at the resort. Not sure which to review but the Mary Poppins musical was superb. The costumes, actors and music was so wonderful. I've been before for a childrens production and they do both adults and childrens theater very well. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel. Our room was so comfortable. Bed and linens so comfortable. The room was clean and I was able to adjust the heat accordingly. There were plenty of outlets for our phones and a tablet. And the room rate was reasonable. This property is a Starbucks hotel. I have to let you know I hate Starbucks. I wish hotels would give guests a choice for coffee. I love my morning coffee and couldn't wait to leave to buy it elsewhere. Also I found it strange that I couldn't locate our room's coffeepot. I eventually found it on the top shelf in the room's closet. I normally expect to find it in the bathroom or on the dress. I'm only 5 ft. so it wasn't a convenient location for me to find it or reach it. I recommend both the hotel and the theater.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 4redheadsonaroadtrip,

Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was a package deal for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day for $375. Arriving with an early check in, Gary at the front desk was great as he offered a glass of champagne and assisted in getting us located. Swam in the pool, rested in the hot tub, all was calm before the evening entertainment. The room was fine with great towels, sheets, bed covers and very comfortable beds.

The dinner ambience was enjoyable as was the food for the most part. However, the prime rib (despite the hip by the waitress) was too thick and therefore leaned to the dry side. Surf and Turf was great. The play of Mary Poppins was enjoyable, We didn't stay for the midnight toast. The next morning's brunch was lovely with great food varieties and, of course, champagne. With an overnight snow fall, Gary again came to the rescue with a snow brush for the car.

This is a very large complex but for New Year's eve it was rather empty which was a nice plus in terms of the pool and other facilities like the fitness room. The staff despite having to work the holiday were positive and responsive.

We plan to return next year though there was two surprises. First, for internet connection you need to a $12.50 per day charge. Second, as the tips are not included in the package price, the meal cost does not match the package price resulting in a higher tip than appropriate. For example, $80 per person for dinner and $35 per person for brunch is the amount you tip on. Of course this is not what you really paid in the package.

Dear Robsy5111,

Thanks for staying with us at the Lincolnshire Marriott Resort. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Gary was helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with him. Happy New Year Rosby!