“Fun Time” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Peoria, Illinois
“Fun Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed at this hotel several times and will continue to stay here. Had rooms on the lake side..very peaceful. All of the rooms are very comfortable and clean. The entire hotel is very clean. Their workout rooms are complete with everything you need and the pools are good size not a tiny area. The staff is wonderful. They are very accommodating and personable. They have live theater on property with terrific shows. Also, two restaurants on property..very good.

Room Tip: they are all good. Lakeside has outside patio.
Green Features: They need to recycle their plastic and paper in their lounges.
1 Thank merijo c
Christine R, Guest Relations Manager at Lincolnshire Marriott Resort, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Merijo C,
Thank you for sharing your kinds comments about your recent stay. We appreciate you sharing your great experience with us on TripAdvisor! We look forward to being a part of your future stays here.
Christine Ruck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Wheeling, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed at this Marriott Resort on a Saturday night. Everyone was very friendly and it was clean. Fitness room was complete with different equipment and weights. Indoor pool was nice and peaceful. We had dinner at the Fairfield, food was very good, but menu was smaller than expected. Bar in lobby wasn't busy, mixed drinks are $7-$11. We saw the musical Cabaret at the theater. It was just a walk down the hallway to that area of the resort. Never had to go outside on this cold winter night.

Dear MrBill923,
Thanks for staying with us here are the Lincolnshire Marriott Resort! I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy a variety of activities that we have here on property! Hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel and their staff! First off, upon checking in the staff accommodated my request for an exceptionally quiet room even though it was New Year's Eve. The room we were given was PERFECT! It was on the back side of the hotel near the lake and was very quiet. More importantly, it was immaculate! Everything was clean - the floors, the bedding, the towels, the showers, and everything else! Next, room service was amazing. It was reasonably priced, delivered in a timely manner, and delicious! Additionally, we were there when it was snowing 2-3 inches an hour but the maintenance crew worked tirelessly to clean the sidewalks and the parking lot! Lastly, upon checking out we received 2 free coupons for the Starbucks beverage of our choice and a very nice, personable hand written note from the manager! I would chose this hotel time and time again! Thank you for everything and for making the last 2 days of our trip outstanding!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Christine R, Guest Relations Manager at Lincolnshire Marriott Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Pack4ever,

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Elk Grove Village, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband surprised me with tickets to Mary Poppins and an overnight stay at the resort. Not sure which to review but the Mary Poppins musical was superb. The costumes, actors and music was so wonderful. I've been before for a childrens production and they do both adults and childrens theater very well. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel. Our room was so comfortable. Bed and linens so comfortable. The room was clean and I was able to adjust the heat accordingly. There were plenty of outlets for our phones and a tablet. And the room rate was reasonable. This property is a Starbucks hotel. I have to let you know I hate Starbucks. I wish hotels would give guests a choice for coffee. I love my morning coffee and couldn't wait to leave to buy it elsewhere. Also I found it strange that I couldn't locate our room's coffeepot. I eventually found it on the top shelf in the room's closet. I normally expect to find it in the bathroom or on the dress. I'm only 5 ft. so it wasn't a convenient location for me to find it or reach it. I recommend both the hotel and the theater.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 4redheadsonaroadtrip,

Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was a package deal for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day for $375. Arriving with an early check in, Gary at the front desk was great as he offered a glass of champagne and assisted in getting us located. Swam in the pool, rested in the hot tub, all was calm before the evening entertainment. The room was fine with great towels, sheets, bed covers and very comfortable beds.

The dinner ambience was enjoyable as was the food for the most part. However, the prime rib (despite the hip by the waitress) was too thick and therefore leaned to the dry side. Surf and Turf was great. The play of Mary Poppins was enjoyable, We didn't stay for the midnight toast. The next morning's brunch was lovely with great food varieties and, of course, champagne. With an overnight snow fall, Gary again came to the rescue with a snow brush for the car.

This is a very large complex but for New Year's eve it was rather empty which was a nice plus in terms of the pool and other facilities like the fitness room. The staff despite having to work the holiday were positive and responsive.

We plan to return next year though there was two surprises. First, for internet connection you need to a $12.50 per day charge. Second, as the tips are not included in the package price, the meal cost does not match the package price resulting in a higher tip than appropriate. For example, $80 per person for dinner and $35 per person for brunch is the amount you tip on. Of course this is not what you really paid in the package.

Dear Robsy5111,

Thanks for staying with us at the Lincolnshire Marriott Resort. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Gary was helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with him. Happy New Year Rosby!

Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

After an 11 hour trip from Europe to here I was tired and looking forward to a shower and sleeping. Check in was speedy and very friendly. I stayed for 3 nights and our company was having a one day workshop here, which is probably why I was upgraded to the concierge floor (although I am a Marriot 'card holder' so my preferences are known).
The room was 'ok' - not more (but in comparison to the Marriot I stayed in Altanta just afterwards, much nicer and cleaner). I enjoyed breakfast at the concierge lounge and as a woman travelling alone I felt comfortable also in the bar (getting something for dinner).
Service throughout the hotel was excellent, attentive, very friendly and professional.
I had planned on going shopping for one day and I didn't want to rent a car for just one day (which I should have in hindsight as there is a rental car organization IN the hotel lobby and would have been much cheaper) . The reception pointed me to the right malls, organized the hotel shuttle to one of the malls close by (less than 5 miles works with the hotel shuttle) and also organized a taxi. Always with a smile on their face.
I can imagine that the grounds around the hotel are very nice, but it was just so foggy during my stay, I wasn't able to enjoy any of this.
One downside: I had a bit of issues with the heating. The room was rather cold and when I turned up the heater it got very loud.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear SusanneCH,

Thanks for staying here at the Lincolnshire Marriott Resort. We’re glad you experienced our caring service and great hotel amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed here while visiting family in nearby Libertyville over the long Thanksgiving weekend.
At check in it was clear I was dealing with somebody either in training or very new to the job. Everything was very perfunctory with little personality or charm. I had to tell her I was a Platinum member which is fine, but still...
Being a lifetime platinum Marriott rewards member I asked for an upgrade room (one of the perks) and I was told there were none available because they are all being renovated. I was put on the concierge lounge level as those, I was told, were the quieter rooms even though the concierge lounge was closed the entire holiday weekend due to low attendance.
I got to my room #3220 and it while clean and comfortable it was a typical Marriott room. The room looks somewhat dated.
Not sure why if the hotel was "virtually empty" as we were told why then we were put in-between two occupied rooms near the ice machine. We were watching tv early Thanksgiving morning and the woman next door started banging on our wall screaming for us to be quiet?! We were simply watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in our bed not even talking with the volume at a normal level.
Later that day I saw the door open to a suite on our floor that housekeeping was cleaning - clearly not all suites were being renovated and were even occupied if they were servicing them.
Being the holiday weekend I kept being told things were closed, luckily the Starbucks was open the whole weekend. Gym was nice as was the pool. This hotel is nice I suppose, but I was expecting more from this place.
There is a Courtyard right next door and Marriott Suites one exit up on 294 as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brklynrider
Christine R, Guest Relations Manager at Lincolnshire Marriott Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Brklyrider,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I apologize that your stay was not 100% to your satisfaction. All of our suites were being updated with brand new furniture and light fixtures during the week you stayed with us; housekeeping was in and out cleaning throughout the week I hope you will consider visiting us again and look forward to showing you our new suites. Thanks again.

Christine R.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
No photo provided
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
The Westin Chicago North Shore

Been to Lincolnshire Marriott Resort? Share your experiences!