“Nice stay”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Mascoutah, Illinois
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was as I expected from a Marriott. Superb service. Comfortable bed. We had a King withe a sofabed and mini "kitchen." It worked out great for our needs. The room was quiet and anytime we needed anyting or had questions, the front desk was very helpful and appeared to enjoy providing a service. Hot breakfast was served each morning we were there so no need to pay extra for that. One negative: the pool was highly clorinated and burned my eyes just walking into the area. Another issue, and I'm not sure if it's the same in every room, Is that the bed was right by the airconditioner (about 12") so if you are lying on that side of the bed, it is quite cold!

Room Tip: Away from elevator. Not only noise from that and the people using it, but the ice machine is next to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Christine R, Guest Relations Manager at Lincolnshire Marriott Resort, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear kydzm3,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that we uphold the Marriott standard; as we pride ourselves in doing so. We look forward to seeing you again!

Christine R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

As a area residents, my wife and I were looking for a nearby one night getaway. This was near perfect. The resort was clean and well keep. The pool was adequate. The Sunday Brunch was excellent, well worth the money! Service was very good throughout our stay. This is not the place for a week+ vacation but great for a quick getaway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jbabec
Dear JBabec,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your getaway. We hope to see you back soon.

Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Lincolnshire and I had stayed at the resort several times prior. We checked in and were told at the front desk there were many wedding receptions going on and ask if wanted our room moved. We opted to move but were charged 20.00 more per night for the different room. It had bathrobes and mouth wash for 20 extra a night. I felt they should not have charged us. We could hear the reception plain as day and later we had to call security for loud partying going on at 3am. Not much peace the first night, they gave us 2 coffees free for the problem. We also had a massage and the noise was loud while the massage was being given, 2 more coffees. They need to fix these types of problems because they are charging for the services. We had dinner in the "nice" restaurant and were told we couldn't sit by the window because that section they were sending the waitress home and it was still daylight. Dinner was good but for 150.00 for 2 with no alcohol or appetizer I feel we should be able to sit where we chose. We enjoyed the pool but service was super slow and we got breakfast with our room and that was good. All and all the hotel has ok but needs to work on items we heard others with the same problems, the cost is too high for such mistakes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lucymoses
Dear Lucymoses,

Thank you for your feedback. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure that all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Your review will help us make the necessary improvements to make your next visit exceptional. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

A nice, up to date Marriott. Decent room and great beds!

The bar was nice we had appetizer pizza and a beer - they have gluten free options, this place has a stage, a few restaurants, bikes for rent, running trails and a lot of comforts. Room service was available along with a great buffet with eggs made to order, bacon, sausage, fruit, breads - all the main things for around 20 dollars - very worth it.

The staff was professional and accommodating. I will stay here again if the need arises.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lori,

Thanks for your comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Chrsitine R.
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I don't want to say this resort was bad, it just wasn't what I expected. To be clear, I am a huge Starwood supporter so I'm looking at this from the lens of a SPG member that travels quite frequently. For those who are looking for a good buy then this hotel will suit your needs - however if you travel more than 40 nights per year and expect a bit more than I would look elsewhere. I was in town on business and my usual hotel (the Westin) was completely booked. I was sad but I was told there is a good alternative. I'm not a fan of Marriott's but decided I would stay here due to proximity to business. Well, when I entered they were doing some construction and doing some work on the pavement so there was a big inconvenience parking further out and carrying your luggage. I understand it happens but it was still a major inconvenience. Check in was smooth and I asked to be put in a room that's not on the first floor. I thought I had made it clear on my profile that connecting rooms are not an option. I ended up getting a connecting room. I was very annoyed at this seeing as in my opinion a single female traveling on business should not be on the 1st floor or a connecting room - that's my preference for safety reasons which I clearly communicated earlier at the time of booking. Not the case. The lobby looked new and upgraded but that soon changed when I got on my floor. For me, it seems all of the Marriott's I stay in look old and just aren't modern. It's just far from what I would get and expect at a Starwood property. To an extent I would've been happier staying at the Courtyard because they are surprisingly getting upgrades all the time and I wish they would adapt and put that effort to these 'resorts'. The rooms were a decent size but the shower was ridiculously small. I think I was more shocked at how small the bathrooms were and I had to fight for space to put the beauty products, curling iron, flat iron, etc. I was really disappointed with the bathroom. The shower was fine and the upgrades to the bathroom were fine but the SIZE of the bathroom was insulting.

The main problem I had with this resort was that it didn't seem to suit the business folks. It took me forever to get to my car because of the size of the place and me being placed so far away from the elevators and the fact that they had that construction going on that this was more of a headache. It was at the point that when I was in my room, I was in -- I didn't want to travel to my car which was so far away due to the construction. I ordered room service and that was fine, the staff were friendly. There was nothing wrong with the staff or service, it was the property itself. It wasn't what I was used to and it reinforced why I'm SPG because it just feels modern and feels like home. I would stay here if you're looking for a good deal but if you're on business - I would go to the Sheraton further away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Christine R, Guest Relations Manager at Lincolnshire Marriott Resort, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Remadrid,
Thank you for your recent review. We apologize that you were inconvenienced by the re-pavement of our hotel parking lot. This project is now complete. We make every attempt to minimize the disturbances to our guests, but as you pointed out, we have not succeeded 100%. This has been brought to the attention of our Director of Facilities. We hope you will give us another chance in the future. Thanks again.
Killingworth, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just spent three days at the Marriott Lincolnshire Resort.Very nice classic Marriott resort. I have stayed here many times and always fine the staff polite, friendly and helpful. Despite the age of the hotel the facility is in good shape. Rooms tend to be smaller, by today's standards, with very thin walls that unfortunately offer very little privacy from your neighbors.

The restaurants are pretty thin with a limited menu. The grounds are very nice and their is a spectacular trail system nearby that offers miles for walking, running or biking. The pools are classics...large and expansive but the noise in the indoor pool and sauna is overwhelming at times... Lincolnshire is a great location for the north shore with multiple plazas, malls and restaurants all within a few miles.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Christine R, Guest Relations Manager at Lincolnshire Marriott Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Tim,

Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear that our staff is always polite, friendly, and helpful; we are passionate about the art of hospitality here at Marriott. We hope to see you return soon.

Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had the opportunity to attend a non-profit's annual fundraising banquet at this property. Although I did not stay at the property, I felt that I had to mention the event because the dinner was very good and of unexpectedly higher quality than your average hotel catering.

I was told that all the ingredients of the meal were either grown on the property or sourced locally. I had a filet mignon and it was so perfectly cooked that you didn't really need a knife to cut it. And thanks to the excellent service staff, the event was a very enjoyable evening.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Edward,

Thank you for your comments about your recent experience at Lincolnshire Marriott Resort - I’m happy to hear it was a success! We do indeed create dishes using ingredients from local distributers representing local farmers as well as select items grown on property. We enjoyed taking care of you and hope to see you at your next event. Thanks again.

Christine R.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills

Been to Lincolnshire Marriott Resort? Share your experiences!