“overbook cancellations”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
chicago, illinois
“overbook cancellations”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2008

Planned to attend a conference held on the Resort's property January 25, 2008. I called and confirmed a reservation, via credit card, directly with Marriott Lincolnshire, told them I was planning on attending the conference. Well, 3 days prior to conference I receive a call, yep, overbooked and guess what, I'm out!!

So, I'm walked over to the cut-rate Marriott Courtyard yet they expect me to pay the same room rate as I had for the resort.

I will never, ever return for any reason to the Marriott Lincolnshire!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank timp58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Plano, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2008

We stayed at the Marriot Thanksgiving weekend for a youth hockey tournament. We only had a couple of choices of hotels, and I think this was the nicest by far. We got a decent rate through the tournament, but not spectacular. There were a couple other teams staying in the hotel, but it didn't seem to be crowded or noisey.

We had a first floor room with a small patio set outside. It would have been nice for an evening overlooking the golfcourse, but being from Dallas, it was just too cold to sit outside. There were security guards in the halls at night...we assumed they were there to keep the hockey players in line and in their rooms.

The rooms were standard hotel rooms and did include a mini-fridge in the armoir. We had a preschooler and middle schooler with us, so a little more floor space would have been nice, but it was livable for four nights. The indoor pool was clean and warm with plenty of towels on hand. If you are up for a morning run, there is plenty of open space available right outside your door.

The walls were a bit on the thin side and the hotel could use a general updating. The breakfast buffet was extremely overpriced, as were the other meals/restaurants in the hotel. Thankfully, there was an Original Pancake House across the street that is a safe bet in any city. The nearest Starbucks seemed very far...maybe close to two miles. The hotel was quite a hike out of Chicago proper and from Midway airport. O'Hare was relativly close, but there was construction to contend with.

While it wasn't the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in for a hockey tournament, we would certainly stay there again if it were a choice.

• Stayed November 2007
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2008

I stayed for 5 nights with my teenage daughter in August 2007 for a convention (got a very good convention room rate). We got a 3rd floor room (maybe due to being Silver Elite Marriott?). Heard a bit of door slamming now and then but overall the room was quiet, overlooked a parking lot but did not get much noise from the outside (except during a major thunderstorm one night!). Beds and bedding were very comfortable. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful, never had to wait long for assistance. We got room service several times, no issues there.
My only big complaint would be the service in the coffee shop. They seemed understaffed and poorly trained. For example, you should not have to wait for and ask for morning coffee in a coffee shop, one person should be circulating with hot coffee and offering it regularly (lots of people are addicted to that morning cup or two, me included). And if the breakfast special comes with a beverage, a beverage should be offered right away, we had to ask. Ketchup should always be on the table right away if you order potatoes (hash browns or fries). The service was pretty slow at breakfast also. We never got the breakfast buffet, this seemed too expensive. Some of the wait staff acted irritated with simple requests, others were OK at their jobs but no one seemed very happy. I expect better from Marriott food service.
Also, this hotel is away from it all. We had to take a cab to the train station, then take the train to downtown Chicago. Allow at least 1.5 hours each way, plus the added costs for travel. Note that some cabbies took more direct routes than others, resulting in additional cab costs at times. Enjoyed the double decker tour bus in downtown Chicago, great tour guides.

• Liked — Comfortable room, nice bed and bedding
  • Disliked — Coffee shop service; remote location requiring cab to get anywhere, train to downtown
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank TerriM
Pasadena, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2007

Hotel is very outdated and some of the staff is very mean. ON a friday night it seemed like they have about 20 security guards not making me feel very secure, every corner you turn they are there. Security manager seemed like an idiot after i complained.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank robert543
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2007

My sister hosted her wedding at this hotel. The hotel was nice, but I
did feel like I was in a Vegas hotel with how long the hallways were.
My 94 yr old grandma had to walk forever from the elevator to her room. The pools are nice, the service in the hotel resturant for lunch on a Friday was very very slow.

The staff during the wedding was great, bus boys were quick and nice. Marteen, I think he was head waiter, was awesome. So nice and helpful.Then there is Kelly the wedding coordinator. She was not in the least bit helpful to anyone, but my sister. As she was the bride thats great, but the rest of us were basically doing what the coordinator should have been. I'm bitter about it and won't go into anymore details.

The hotel is nice I hear the golfing is challenging and the course is well taken care of. Not bad all in all.Thanks

• Stayed July 2007
West Covina, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2007

We stayed at this hotel 5 nights for a church conference and we found it to be quite satisfying. Our conference needs were met with great ease and with smiling faces. Ate dinner at the restaurants and enjoyed them both. I really liked the Wharf restaurant, the food was delicious with a great view. Overall had a good time.

• Stayed June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2007

This has to be the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in (and I travel a lot), outside of NYC. I've now stayed at this property six times in the past 12 months (business travel), so my opinion is based on repeated visits. Sounds seem to travel right through the entry door to the room: loud people having conversations in the hallways, doors slamming, and (particularly annoying) the housekeeping staff conversing on their Nextel walkie-talkies beginning at six AM. You'll also hear the sounds of water running and phones ringing in neighboring rooms. I am a very heavy sleeper, so if sounds disturb me, there's a good chance they will disturb others. (I'm very intrigued by the reviews of this property that do not mention noise, as noise is the defining feature of this hotel for me.) I should note that I've never said anything to the staff about this issue; I wonder what they'd do if I did?

Noise complaints aside, however, the property itself is nice. I cannot comment on its value for the money you'll spend, but it's clean and seems safe. There are many amenities onsite (pool, tennis, golf, restaurant, shop, theater), and it's within a very quick easy drive to good restaurants, shopping, and a movie theater.

Bottom line, on my next few business trips, I will be checking out other hotels in the area. If I ever stay at the Marriott Lincolnshire again, I will bring earplugs.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank idolem66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills

Been to Lincolnshire Marriott Resort? Share your experiences!