“Overall excellent hotel - a bit dated amenities”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Overall I think this is an excellent hotel - big clean rooms, great staff, great location etc. Just observationally, (these did not affect the quality of my stay but I know I would have liked to have know about them before I stayed) there were a few things that would be great to update - the windows are literally falling apart for some reason, I have stayed in multiple rooms of this hotel over the past couple of months & they all have windows that either don't lock or are falling apart around the frames, very odd. There are kitchenettes with 2 stove burners, I have had a couple of rooms now where at least 1 of the burners do not work (usually the back burner). Also, wifi signals are very weak but they do have ethernet ports available in each room. There internet seems to run a bit slow, okay for doing e-mail but forget streaming video (downloading a 30 MB file can take 5+ minutes). Those are my biggest complaints, as you can tell though, I've kept coming back & will continue to do so as long as my project has me up in IL. Definitely recommend it for what a hotel should be used for - sleeping!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed May 31, 2010

This hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood. It is close to the highway and restaurants. It was comfotable. The kitchen was crowded with everything cramed into a corner. There is not a table in the 1 bedroom suite. This only became a problem when we went down for the breakfast and could not find a table so we went back up to our room to eat.
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2010

This is a well-designed all-suite hotel in a nice suburban area. The rooms could use a renovation (new TVs, more welcoming colors), but the whole hotel is very clean and well-maintained. There aren't any shops/restaurants within walking distance, but everything you could want within a 5 min drive. Finally, for the price, you cannot complain, especially on the weekends when all the business travelers are away.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Recently stayed at the Homewood Suites while visiting family in a neighboring town. We reserved a two-bedroom suite (2 king beds) for the AAA rate of $126 a night. The room was the perfect size to allow our toddler to have her own room (we brought a pack-in-play for her) and for us not to have to go to sleep when she did (at 7:30 pm). In addition to the two bedrooms, the room also had a small living room and an efficient kitchen. This provided us with ample space to spread out and free internet!

The hotel itself is clean but is showing some signs of wear and tear. There were areas on the carpet that were slightly ripped (near the entry door) and both bath tubs had drippy faucets. Considering how much the property is probably used by long term business guests, however, I thought that overall maintenance was very good.

During the weekend, the hotel also has breakfast each morning at 7:00 am. We took advantage of that both days and thought the variety and quality of the food was very good.

Overall, we look forward to staying there again next year when we visit our family again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank dctravel
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We took ur ltwo little children for a staycation. My 2 year old loves swimming and loved the 'agua house.' We arrived early and had to wait for our room to be made up, but we got to go swimming while we waited.

The crowd seemed mostly military families, so everyone was nice and not too rowdy. Everything was clean and the staff helpful. The free morning breakfast was as good as any I have had.

The swimming pool wasn't open until 900am, which is almost midday for our kids, which was a bit of a bummer.

This hotel seems suited for a corporate client, which is good, because the hotel is in the heart of a commerical, office area, with no retail or restaurants anywhere close.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2009

We had to travel to Chicago twice now to see graduation from Great Lakes Naval. We chose this location due to the large amount of people we had, and to get away from base. I had just had surgery a month ago and was concerned about traveling and keeping my surgery site clean. This choice could not have been more perfect. We had three rooms and the rooms had a private bedroom for extra privacy. We had a seperate living area with a small kitchen area. The beds were comfortable, and the room was very clean and quiet. We had the room at the end of the hall, and I was at first concerned because of the stairs close by. This was not the case. After a few nights in seperate rooms, we asked for a two-bedroom suite. The hotel was kind enough to switch us, which saved us over $100.00. Who does that now a days? If you are traveling in this area at all, I would recommend staying here even if you have to travel 15 minutes from your destination.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank gwkelley
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We stayed at this hotel while traveling to see a show at the Marriott Lincolnshire. While we would have preferred to stay at that hotel connected with the theater, this one was quite a bit less expensive. We're very glad we chose it instead.

This is an excellent hotel. The property is quite lovely inside, impeccably maintained, and very comfortable. The suite room was large, very comfortable, and with a great kitchenette. Breakfasts are very filling and generous, and there was an evening wine and drinks hour with substantial food as well. This would be great for longer term business travelers; we were only there one night. The staff was very helpful and warm. We loved the place, and since I am likely to go back to the theater in Lincolnshire, I would very much consider staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
2 mi away
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
3 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!