“Highly Recommended”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We selected this hotel because it was recommended in the literature we received for our daughter's graduation from Navy Basic Training. The special nightly rate was what made me choose Homewood Suites over the other hotels advertised, but after staying here, I would pay the full rate without complaint. The hotel facilities were beautiful and our accommodations were wonderful -- like home away from home. We like to eat in our room to save money, and this suite provided everything we needed to do so. The Evening Managers Reception was a very welcomed surprise! The complimentary drinks and "light" meal (more like dinner) of salad, meat ravioli and garlic bread was greatly appreciated after a long day of traveling.

Room Tip: The closest stores and restaurants are over two miles away and you must drive. However, we ordered...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We choose this hotel because it was recommended in the literature we received for our daughter's graduation from Navy Basic Training. The special nightly rate was what made me choose Homewood Suites over the other hotels advertised, but after staying here, I would pay the full rate without complaint. The hotel facilities were beautiful and our accommodations were wonderful -- like home away from home. We like to eat in our room to save money, and this suite provided everything we needed to do so. The Evening Managers Reception was a surprise! The complimentary drinks and light meal were most welcome after a long day of traveling. This was our first stay in a Homewood Suites, but I can guarantee you that it won't be our last. Thank you for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Prompt and courteous greeting upon my arrival. We experienced a expedient check-in and explanation of the premises and amenities. The room was one of the most spacious that I have ever stayed. I will look for these hotels in the future

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The breakfast buffet was perfect for my 2/4 year old grandsons. They probably had three breakfasts each day. They loved the pool, the water was nearly bath temperature, greatly comfortable for all of us. The staff was all very cordial. There was a nice class of clientelle staying there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We arrived late at the hotel exhausted from our long meeting and drive and Arthur greeted us with great recommendations for food and got us set up in our rooms quickly even though there was much going on in the lobby. The beds and pillows are really comfortable. The Wednesday afternoon we were there they had a complimentary beer and wine with a light dinner. The hotel has great access to many locations around and has a shuttle that runs until 6. I needed a shirt and at the last minute they ran me to the mall and waited for me to bring me back to the hotel. I'd have to say Arthur did a great job setting things up and recommending places in the area. When you see him make sure you say hello. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Located a block from the freeway for easy on/off access, this hotel is nestled in a quiet wooded area. My wife and child stayed here for a basketball tournament. The front desk clerk said they were completely booked this weekend,
But Besides the full parking lot, I couldn't tell. Check in was a breeze and the room was a bit more than I expected. The living area is as big as some rooms I've stayed in the past. A full size fridge, mini electric stove and dishwasher are in each suite. A full assortment of silverware, cookware and dishes round out the kitchen. While not the best quality dishes (think dollar store) they certainly suffice. The room showed some wear, but was clean and odor free. Wi-fi was complimentary and hiccup free. The shower was a bit small for me, but the separate bath and sink areas were nice. We did use the pool and while a bit aged, it was well maintained and not overly chlorinated. My daughter and I were the only ones using it. While we did not partake, they offer a complimentary dinner M-Thurs, which I thought was a nice perk. We did eat at the complimentary breakfast buffet. This is my only negative. It was the normal spread, but the eggs, ham,biscuits, and French toast were plastic and pretty bad. And I am not a picky eater. The saving grace was the coffee which was good. I guess it's free, so take it or leave it. I would also have liked to see an in room safe. Overall, for the price compared to other area choices, I would recommend it.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!