“Great Value / Great Accommodations”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
New Baltimore
“Great Value / Great Accommodations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

The breakfast buffet was perfect for my 2/4 year old grandsons. They probably had three breakfasts each day. They loved the pool, the water was nearly bath temperature, greatly comfortable for all of us. The staff was all very cordial. There was a nice class of clientelle staying there.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
salt lak
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We arrived late at the hotel exhausted from our long meeting and drive and Arthur greeted us with great recommendations for food and got us set up in our rooms quickly even though there was much going on in the lobby. The beds and pillows are really comfortable. The Wednesday afternoon we were there they had a complimentary beer and wine with a light dinner. The hotel has great access to many locations around and has a shuttle that runs until 6. I needed a shirt and at the last minute they ran me to the mall and waited for me to bring me back to the hotel. I'd have to say Arthur did a great job setting things up and recommending places in the area. When you see him make sure you say hello. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Located a block from the freeway for easy on/off access, this hotel is nestled in a quiet wooded area. My wife and child stayed here for a basketball tournament. The front desk clerk said they were completely booked this weekend,
But Besides the full parking lot, I couldn't tell. Check in was a breeze and the room was a bit more than I expected. The living area is as big as some rooms I've stayed in the past. A full size fridge, mini electric stove and dishwasher are in each suite. A full assortment of silverware, cookware and dishes round out the kitchen. While not the best quality dishes (think dollar store) they certainly suffice. The room showed some wear, but was clean and odor free. Wi-fi was complimentary and hiccup free. The shower was a bit small for me, but the separate bath and sink areas were nice. We did use the pool and while a bit aged, it was well maintained and not overly chlorinated. My daughter and I were the only ones using it. While we did not partake, they offer a complimentary dinner M-Thurs, which I thought was a nice perk. We did eat at the complimentary breakfast buffet. This is my only negative. It was the normal spread, but the eggs, ham,biscuits, and French toast were plastic and pretty bad. And I am not a picky eater. The saving grace was the coffee which was good. I guess it's free, so take it or leave it. I would also have liked to see an in room safe. Overall, for the price compared to other area choices, I would recommend it.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was in town for my son's NAVY Graduation, the location was just perfect, only 3 minutes from base and less than half an hour to Chicago and/or the Airport. An amazing clean, spacious, comfortable and welcoming suite. I have the tendency to prefer Embassy Suites, but for now on this is my preference. The staff at this facility is friendly, helpful and extremely accommodating, regardless of the time. The cleaning staff does do a meticulous job, makes you feel good when you get back. For the weekend of April 11-15 this was my home away from home, and it was a place I am glad not only that I stayed but that my son had the opportunity to come over and hang-out after his NAVY graduation. There is always a friendly face available as a resource for the area. Anything from questions, directions, or even change for tolls!

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great hotel and awesome staff! Would definitely recommend this hotel and will go back. Stayed here for spring break witg my family and friends. Short drive to Chicago. Nice clean rooms and very friendly staff. I wish every place I stayed with my family had staff as friendly as this one.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Mwilliams
Zionsville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Clean rooms, very easy access to Chicago area activities. Staff was helpful. Breakfast buffet is free, including fresh fruit and yogurt, but other choices were a bit lacking. Free internet and parking was great. Kitchen with stove top, microwave and sink but didn't need to use those this time around.

1 Thank 314MaryH
Okemos, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place was a bit hard to rate! The Homewood Suites of Lincolnshire is a GREAT value - a real suite, with a seperate bedroom, a bathroom that can be entered from either the bedroom or living room, a pretty much fully equipped kitchen, and we paid $80 (plus tax) per night (AAA rate)! The place was very clean and mostly in good repair.

First, the good - as I said, room was nice and clean, all furniture was in good shape (except the desk chair which had very worn areas), kitchen was nicely equipped with dishes, pans, appliances including dishwasher. The towels were good, the bed was comfortable (the fold out couch was just OK, but our adult daughter is pretty low maintainance, so she didn't mind it!), the pillows were good, and the shower was very good - nice shower head that had good water pressure.

The evening reception was a "meal" with wine available, we had some wine, it was OK (no complaints - it was FREE!) and the meal was chicken and gravy over dumplings or biscuits, with green beans. We didn't eat it due to dinner plans, but many people were chowing down. Again, it was free (or included in the price of the room) and they had a menu in the room of what was to be served Monday through Thursday for the reception meal. Breakfast was pretty much a standard Hampton Inn breakfast, which is usually not bad, but not great.

Next, the less than great - there were some pretty major water damage spots in the hallway ceiling; the door to the suite has a large gap at the bottom that allowed ALL hallway noise to heard in the room (luckily, even though the hotel was full, it was a very quiet crowd in the evening!) We had two maintainance issues that we reported the first morning- a leaky toilet which was repaired immediately and the panel was off of the heating/AC stuff, and that was not repaired during the three days we stayed. It didn't cause any problems, it was just a bit unsightly.

The hotel is just off the highway, convenient to many restaurants and natural areas (if you like hiking, which we do.) The included internet was good, the free parking is also good (many places around Chicago charge for parking, so free was very good!)

The desk staff was efficient, pleasant and helpful. We read the previous Trip Advisor advice to request a top floor room, away from the elavator, and we were on the top (third) floor, but just a few rooms from the elevator, so we did get some noise from kids excited to be running to the pool! So be sure to head that advice!! We had room 321.

Overall, this was the best value for a true one bedroom suite we have seen in a long time - I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

Room Tip: Request a room on top floor, away from the elevator.