Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
La Quinta
$145
$127
HotelIndigo.com
All reviewsnavy graduationgreat lakesnavy basic trainingoff the highwaybedroom suitenaval basegreat place to staybreakfast and dinnerliving areaan extended stayboot campfull size fridgeeasy accesshome away from homeconvenient locationwould highly recommend this hotelminute drive
Reviewed March 11, 2013

very disappointing place to stay. They made excuses for everything-they were full, so no hot items, no linens for pull out because again, they were full. They didnt have any batteries for the remote's again-they were full. Independently owned, so dont expect help from corporate-Hilton. Its all up to the local owner-not much help there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hasexpectations
ChristyWilliams, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize if we did not provide you with any linens or batteries. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again and will call on me personally to handle the details of your reservation.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in March when my daughter graduated from Navy boot camp. They offer a discount for guests staying for this purpose. I had read the reviews of this hotel and was still a bit hesitant... how could they be so much less but still be nice? Well it is. Totally exceeded my expectations. Every staff member was friendly and helpful....even in the wee hours of the morning when we did a run to the airport to meet our daughter. The breakfast was great. The rooms were nice, roomy and very clean. It is 20 minutes on the freeway to Great Lakes and is located between there and Chicago. Very easy access. What more could you ask for? This hotel should be commended for its excellent service to military families. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My family recently traveled to Chicago to attend our son's graduation from the Navy bootcamp; and stayed at this hotel. The staff was fantastic and the room was excellent for the price. It really was convenient because it was only about 15 minutes from the base and about 20 minutes from the airport. The hotel served a great complementary breakfast daily and dinner Monday thru Thursday. We enyoyed the amenities indoor pool, laundry room and business center. What really top the stay was the terrific staff; specially the "overnight guy". Thank you all from Houston.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites are excellent for large families.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We all know that I heavily research everything prior to my trip, and, we also know that I am a devout fan of the Hilton Hotel properties (specifically Hampton Inns). Well, I really did my homework because our daughter was graduating Navy boot camp, and I wanted her to be comfortable. This property was in very good order. The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was spacious. So to sum it up in a nutshell: Our suite was very clean, and comfortable, for a reasonable price. The property is close to RTC Great lakes, so when my next child goes to boot camp in April 2013 I will stay here again for that ceremony.

Room Tip: Any of the suites I choose the top floors, away from the elevator, as they are the quietest.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had a two bedroom suite with kitchenette. Very nice! Evening reception includes wine and beer and buffet dinner (which was only okay). Lots of choices for breakfast and it is also free. Front desk staff were outstanding. Good for business travelers, especially those who are staying for more than a night or two.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business