“Navy Graduation Trip”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My family recently traveled to Chicago to attend our son's graduation from the Navy bootcamp; and stayed at this hotel. The staff was fantastic and the room was excellent for the price. It really was convenient because it was only about 15 minutes from the base and about 20 minutes from the airport. The hotel served a great complementary breakfast daily and dinner Monday thru Thursday. We enyoyed the amenities indoor pool, laundry room and business center. What really top the stay was the terrific staff; specially the "overnight guy". Thank you all from Houston.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites are excellent for large families.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We all know that I heavily research everything prior to my trip, and, we also know that I am a devout fan of the Hilton Hotel properties (specifically Hampton Inns). Well, I really did my homework because our daughter was graduating Navy boot camp, and I wanted her to be comfortable. This property was in very good order. The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was spacious. So to sum it up in a nutshell: Our suite was very clean, and comfortable, for a reasonable price. The property is close to RTC Great lakes, so when my next child goes to boot camp in April 2013 I will stay here again for that ceremony.

Room Tip: Any of the suites I choose the top floors, away from the elevator, as they are the quietest.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had a two bedroom suite with kitchenette. Very nice! Evening reception includes wine and beer and buffet dinner (which was only okay). Lots of choices for breakfast and it is also free. Front desk staff were outstanding. Good for business travelers, especially those who are staying for more than a night or two.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Though on our first call to the hotel, we were told only two bedroom suites were accessible, when we spoke to the manager, Christy Williams, she reassured us they did have accessible one bedroom suites and proceeded to see personally that we were well taken care of. We ended up staying in a two bedroom accessible suite. The suite was clean, nicely appointed, very spacious and well laid out for a wheelchair user. While some "accessible" bathrooms barely meet minimum requirements, this one was the largest we have encountered. The sitting area was large, as well, with room for a couch, lounge chair, coffee table, TV and desk area. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The full breakfast offered variety for all, including plenty of healthy choices. Traveling with a wheelchair can be challenging enough, and many hotels are far from accommodating, but Christy and her staff at Lincolnshire gave us one of our best traveling experiences ever! Be sure to give them a try!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great room setup, bedrooms and seating/ kitchen areas are separate. Full size fridge with a real freezer, and nice, but cozy, kitchen. This was our second stay here. During our first stay I fixed a full Thanksgiving dinner in the kitchen (no oven, I used a turkey roaster)! Breakfast and weekday dinners are very nice, but it is a requirement for us to be able to fix our own food sometimes, as we have food allergies.
The beds are very comfy, and in the 2 bedroom rooms there are separate thermostats. Plenty of channels for the big TVs, and internet is fast and free.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevators if you can't walk very far. Rooms facing the courtyard h...
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The room was spacious clean and comfortable, having breakfast included was very nice and we would come back any time. The staff was very nice. We went for our son's naval graduation and the location of the hotel since is very close to the highway is perfect. I would recomend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here for a two night stay on a business trip. The staff was very nice. Had a nice breakfast in the morning. The rooms are nice. Very large, and I stayed in a one person room. Had a bedroom, kitchen, another room with tv, and couch, and of course the bathroom. It was a business trip and I didnt have a say in what hotel, but if I had another meeting up here in the same area I would like to be in the same hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!