“Pet fee is $75 (non-refundable)”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We were so happy to find a pet-friendly hotel. However, the pet fee is a non-refundable pet deposit of $75, which is almost as much as the room. You have to call the hotel directly to find this out. This info is not on the website and the 800 number reservations team could not tell us the pet-fee amount when we called to make reservations and asked specifically about the pet fee. If you need a pet friendly hotel, be aware they don't charge the typical $10-$25 fee that most other hotels in a similar star range charge. They said it was so high because they hire a professional cleaning team for the room after a pet stays in it, which is fine - but don't surprise people with a huge fee after they've already made reservations online or through the 800 number assuming that it's a pet friendly hotel. No reasonable person expects to have to pay nearly double to have your pet in a hotel that says 'pet's welcome'. A fair pet deposit yes, the cost of an extra room - no.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank ChicagoMom2003

Reviewed July 13, 2011

We have stayed here multiple times over the past year. It is consistently clean and the staff is friendly and welcoming....They go the extra mile! The hotel was completely booked during our most recent stay, but the staff maintained a pleasant, unflustered, service-oriented attitude. Our favorites: waffles and orange juice for breakfast, a full-sized refrigerator in the suite, easy access to the highway or the train station for trips into the city, a bright, a clean indoor swimming pool, and carryout pizza from Lou Malnati's to enjoy in the suite or the hotel's dining area.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suites are spacious and a great value. Small kitchenette with full sized refrigerato...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This hotel needs help. The staff seem friendly, but it's all talk. They are inconsistent with their "favors" and beware if you are a minority.

Rooms: Appear clean, but smell it and look at it closely - try opening a window and all the cobwebs and dirt and dead bugs fly into your room. Beds are not the "dream-type" advertised and the sofa bed was broken and a dusty and dirty. Wallpaper is peeling from the walls and ceiling has wet spots and painted patch work from water leakage. The floors are sticky and the carpet is smelly. No oven and no dining table (no room for it either). Air conditioning kicks in LOUD and makes click sounds throughout its run. Great.

Pool: The water is murky and I've heard this place got shut down a few times already for health issues. There was no towels nor water (jug was empty).

Food: Breakfast and dinner staff cannot keep up with the flow of people. Some people were standing and would just go back to their room to eat. There is not enough food in the morning and evening and we were always looking for utensils, plates, and the food ran out at breakfast and dinner. "Sorry, we don't have anymore......."
If you love Oscar Meyer hotdogs - this was their staple for dinner and they love tater tots! Forget any type of healthy choices here for elder people and for families - if you are an in and out business person - none of these things may matter to you and you can close your eyes to most of the problems at this hotel.

Look for other options in this area if you are to stay any longer than a couple of days!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelAdventures4fun
Christy5901, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Homewood Suites. I wish we would have had the opportunity to meet during your visit. We strive to create great guest experiences for all guests and are dissapointed that your stay was not a positive one. Our evening menu that is placed in each of our guestrooms is a rotational menu with dinner items catering to both the business and leisure traveler. We realize that some guests do not prefer meals such as Italian or Chicken Cordon Bleu but we also include salads and fresh cut vegetables and once a week while the weather is warm, we find that our guests on average, do enjoy hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill. We keep extra non-menu items in our kitchen for guests who have meal requests that are off our menu. Our cleanliness scores are consistently good from our guest surveys which concerns me about your particular suite. We would love to have another opportunity to create that "great guest experience". Should you allow us this opportunity, I hope you would contact me personally to attend to the details.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Lincolnshire on business during the week of June 27th. Check in was a breeze and Jaime at the front desk was extremely nice and helpful. They had a welcome reception with free wine, beer and food from 5-7. The one day i checked it out they served frozen stouffers type lazagna which was okay, but they ran out of cups for the beer. One of my coworkers was trying to use a dixie cup and then a coffee cup and complained that the beer was flat. But hey, it was free, so how much can you complain right?

I was on the 3rd floor of the hotel and there was a definate smell of musty smoke, as if the hotel had at one time been a smoking hotel. (all rooms are now nonsmoking). The Air Conditioner would kick in LOUD during the night enough to startle you out of your sleep. Several of my coworkers traveling with me had the same experience.
I was disappointed to not find a hot tub in the hotel after a 5 mile training run at a nearby park. I was hoping to soak my aches and pains.

The service however was fantastic. Jaime at the front desk did an awesome job and he even upgraded me to a huge suite. I travel to Lake Forest for business several times a year, and I'd most likely return to this hotel, although i'd request a room on the first floor to avoid the smoke smell

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank skycruiser13
Christy5901, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

Dear skycruiser13,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate both the positive and negative feedback. I am glad Jaime was able to provide you with superb customer service, however I do apologize for the issues you encountered. We ensure that we provide the best quality food and service at our complimentary Welcome Home Reception and I will address the issues with our Food Staff. We also apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are actively taking steps to freshen our nonsmoking guestrooms & especially those that share the same floor with smoking guestrooms (3rd) With regards to our AC units, unfortunately this comes with the age of the building. We hope to be able to replace them in the future. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. Thank you once again!
Regards,

Christy Williams

Reviewed May 20, 2011

Stayed here one night while traveling on business. Typical of other Homewood Suites. Check-in was effortless and professionally handled. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. A key indication of a property's commitment to service is how they deal with problems. After being in my room for about 10 minutes, it was clear that there was a problem with the air conditioning system. A call was made to the front desk and within 2 minutes there was a technician in the room. Five minutes later, system was functioning correctly. That, to me, is service excellence. Breakfast was typical of other Homewood Suites - not great but more than satisfactory. Overall, a pleasant stay with a rate that can't be beat in this area north of Chicago.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Initially I had read one bad review and was afraid to book, but ultimately liked everything else I read about this hotel so I took a chance. Every minute I looked around the suite, I found something else I loved about the place, I do not want to leave! Got here Thursday evening, have to leave tomorrow (Monday), but I really wish I could stay a few more days. Next time I need to come here to a family function, this will definitely be my choice. rooms are clean, staff friendly, breakfast buffet very nice, big selection from hot to cold food, something for everyone... did not get to see the evening fare, got here too late Thursday. Had a problem connecting to internet, technician was in my room withing 10 minutes and resolved my problem immediately. Kitchen has dishwasher, stove top, fridge with icemaker, microwave, dishes, silverware, pots, pans, even the corkscrew and bottle opener for wine and beer...and besides all that, housekeeping service! Did not get to use pool, seems nice, 24 gym available. I am very happy I actually booked this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We stayed here for our sons navy graduation. I was worried that we may be too far from the base but that wasn't the case and ultimately we were glad we didn't stay in the area directly surrounding the base because it was not a very nice area. The most important thing to me in a hotel is that it is clean which this one was!! We booked the one room suite at a good price but around 11ish we were all unpacked and started setting up sleeping arrangements and the sofa bed was broken. I went to the desk to ask about it being fixed or possibly getting a roll away until it could be fixed but matanience was not available and they don't have roll aways, the young man at the desk said he could possibly "upgrade" us to a 2 bedroom suite and would call us to let us know. Finally around midnight we were told we could move to the 2 bedroom suite on the other side of the hotel. We did appreciate the upgrade but were a little frustrated with the time it took considering we had just driven 6 hours to get there and needed to be back up at 4:30. That said, the room was really nice and clean, the beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows, there was a flat screen tv in each room and two baths which made getting ready in the mornings nice! The breakfast was typical of most free hotel breakfast, waffles, eggs sausage, a few pastries, fruit, cereal, and juice. It wasn't ready early enough graduation morning but the next two mornings we were able to pick our son up early and they had no problem with him joining us for breakfast. The pool was nice, but I missed having a hot tub, it would be a great addition! There are some small things that date this hotel if you look closely,but as I said before it was CLEAN and comfortable and aside from our late night move we had no problems and would stay here again!! Oh and if you are there for the navy graduation get there early. The gate opens at 6:30, we were there just after 6 and waited in a long line of traffic.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank shoe01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago/Lincolnshire
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
2 mi away
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
3 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!