“Best Asion Food anywhere (including Asia)”
Review of Simon Lin's Asian Bistro - CLOSED

Simon Lin's Asian Bistro
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We discovered Simon Lin’s incredible restaurant when we moved to Lincolnshire, IL in 2008, just before the recession hit. The restaurant was always crowded back then in recognition of the delicious gourmet Asian food so beautifully served at reasonable prices in an immaculate, elegant setting. We have been a Simon regular ever since, and it hasn’t changed a bit. Unfortunately, like so many good restaurants, the recession hit Simon really hard. The crowds that at one time flocked there have dwindled to a precious few, but the quality never declined and Simon’s high standards never diminished. This restaurant’s struggle for survival is totally undeserved, and everyone who has rediscovered it says the same thing. It is the best of restaurants, and I would venture to submit it as world class.

1  Thank dumadog

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had the curry paste rub on the sea bass. The sea bass was the delish, however the curry was a bit much. Tone it down and it would be wonderful. Past meals I've had have been tasty. I will go again, however will avoid the sea bass. Maybe

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice upscale Asian Fusion atmosphere. Made our reservation, arrived a few minutes early and were seated promptly.

Began our meal with the Sechwan dumplings. They were outstanding! The highlight of the meal! Perfectly cooked and came with a wonderful sauce with just the right amount of spice.

Next course....sushi. Son had the spicy scallop roll which he loved. Husband and I shared a Dragon Tiger maki, (Tempura shrimp, masago, cucumber with eel and avocado on top). I would give this only okay marks. I thought that the shrimp tempura was overcooked but the flavor combination was nice.

Entrees! We had one order each of the Mongolian chicken and beef. Not my favorite. Too many large pieces of almost raw scallion and the whole dish was set upon flavorless Styrofoam textured noodles. Also, the dish as a whole was not spicy enough. Then we had one order of the eggplant chicken basil. Also, only okay. I thought the overall texture was too mushy. One really good aspect of the entrees is that they were delivered to the table very freshly cooked. Our table was close enough to the kitchen that we could literally hear our entrees sizzling in the wok moments before them being served. We had both white rice and brown rice delivered to the table. The brown rice was very dry. Finally, the portions are not large.

The service was kind of slow but very friendly. We really liked our waiter!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I love this place. I really do. I am not going to tell you that it has the fastest service in the world but if you're going to a nice restaurant why wouldn't you take your time? And even if it's not the fastest service our servers have always been attentive and friendly. If you want fast and average Chinese food then don't go here and go to Panda Express! I have been here 4 times in the past year and every single time the food has been excellent. Oh - and might I add their Mai Tai's are outstanding but I would STRONGLY suggest you have 1 or 2 at most. On my most recent visit my dining companion and I started off with the Szechuan dumplings.Oh my gosh they are so delicious. The presentation is nice and they are served in a sweet and spicy chili sauce that really compliments the dumplings. I ordered the crispy beef in a sweet and spicy orange sauce and my friend had the chicken fried rice and Simon suggested we share the entrees. That worked out perfectly!. The fried rice is so different than any place I have ever been to - in a great way! It's light and the chicken is shredded and has scallions and spinach and soybeans/edamame in it. What a perfect compliment to the crispy and spicy beef dish. At any rate if you like fusion food and something that gives you a new twist on traditional Asian cuisine you must try this place! Next visit I think I will try the sushi!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I went to Simon Lin's because I had a living social deal. The resturant wasn't pack but the food took almost 90 mintues to make. I had the beef which was a bit salty. The service was awful which could be because they look under staffed. The first waiter who took my order was a bit pushy and never came back to my table. Another waiter took over. It took 25 mintues for the check.

I don't recommendthis resturant.