“Nice restaurant.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy 45
Description: Landlubbers who walk up the gangplank to the King's Wharf, set within the Lincolnshire Marriott Resort, might easily get the impression that ships are expected to dock there soon. Boats are dry-locked on the ceiling, masts made of weather timbers flank the dining area and the walls are rigged with rough ropes. Allow yourself to discover the best steak-and-seafood on Chicago's North Shore. Our Lake County, Illinois restaurant features mouth-watering steaks, fresh fish selections, an array of chops and delectable surf and turf. Overlooking Lake Lincolnshire, this seven-level, nautically themed gem is both intimate and lively.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

If I were staying at the Marriott or taking in a play or celebrating something special, I would definitely try Kings Wharf. Good food, good service and nice atmosphere. There are a a lot of selections on the menu for everyone's taste. Try it.

There are newer reviews for King's Wharf

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The restaurant has great food. If you want better service, go there around the hours when they have a show. Enjoyed it.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Normally I hate going out to eat for Thanksgiving, but this place was fantastic. A huge variety, the turkey was scrumptious, it would be almost impossible to find something you didnt like on the menu. For a holiday it was crowded but we were still able to have a nice intimate dinner with our family. We will normally be doing Thanksgiving at home from now on but if we had to go out again Fishermans Wharf will be our destination

We are going to try them out next year for Mother's Day or Easter.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went to the King's Wharf on a Saturday night before seeing the show at the theater. Our waiter started out good but ended up being extremely inattentive! I ordered tilapia and my friend ordered halibut. We got our first drink, which although overpriced, was good, ordered our food, drank our drink, and waited for our waiter to come back before our food got there, but he never did! Finally, someone other than the waiter came with our food. My fish was so overcooked it was hard NOT to notice. I could not believe they would even serve something like that! My friend's fish was ok but rather tasteless! When the waiter finally did come back I told him the fish was terrible, he apologized and asked if I wanted something else. My friend was almost done with his meal and we had a play to see: I told him no. The manager came by and apologized, but that was about it! He did not charge for my food, as he should not have because I did not eat it, but that was it! A total waste of a dining experience!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The Service started off really slow on a Saturday night, and it got even slower. It was busy, but most of the customers were over 60, and the service was reflective of the clientele's speed.

The atmosphere is really nice in here and I did not want to give it a poor review, but they did not do much make us happy.

We did not order appetizers, and it took over an hour to get grilled trout and a surf and turf. The trout and the filet mignon were both over cooked. The steak was served cold.

The server was very nice and it was probably not his fault. We saw other orders going back.

I used to think very highly of Marriott Standards, but this Marriott run restaurant needs some serious management change. It is not working. The menu is so limited that it makes no sense that the kitchen can't get the food out.

With all of the choices to eat around here, this is a place to avoid.

1  Thank garysteciuk