“So dissapointing as a fish restaurant”
Review of King's Wharf - CLOSED

King's Wharf
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy 45
Description: Landlubbers who walk up the gangplank to the King's Wharf, set within the Lincolnshire Marriott Resort, might easily get the impression that ships are expected to dock there soon. Boats are dry-locked on the ceiling, masts made of weather timbers flank the dining area and the walls are rigged with rough ropes. Allow yourself to discover the best steak-and-seafood on Chicago's North Shore. Our Lake County, Illinois restaurant features mouth-watering steaks, fresh fish selections, an array of chops and delectable surf and turf. Overlooking Lake Lincolnshire, this seven-level, nautically themed gem is both intimate and lively.
Reviewed November 23, 2011

The fish prep is old fashion. The freshness is not that fresh. Chicago has a bunch of fresh fish restaurants even though it is 1,000 miles from an ocean. Go to the Crab Shack in WHeeling. One of the businest fish restaurants in the world and you will find great fish.

1  Thank jimnick

Reviewed November 18, 2011

We bought a package from Marriott Lincolnshire Theater show and dinner for a Thursday night. To be honest, I was a little scared of all the bad reviews that I found here. I had really low expectations. The dinner, however, was delicious. The bread was soft. The salad was fresh. The steak was good, just rightly flavored.

1  Thank Benjamin N
Reviewed January 26, 2011

The Sea Scallop appetizer was acceptable. The Onion Soup could have been Campbells. We had put in our order for the Prime Rib that was on the specials of the day only to be told after our appetizers/soup that they ran out. So, we ordered two sirloin steaks that were not just bad, they were almost inedible. Such low quality that even the steak knife could not get through them. The veins running through my piece were visible. The flavor was just not there. We brought them home and cooked the heck out of them in au jus and made Italian Beef sandwiches...$56 for two Italian Beef Sandwiches!!! The quality of this restaurant has really taken a dive. One doesn't mind spending $$ if the quality is there, but we walked out with a pre-tip tab for two (husband had one beer, I had one red wine) of $97.91. There are MUCH better ways to spend that money in the area. Last time for us at King's Wharf!

2  Thank justmyopinion1957
Reviewed September 16, 2010

In the past we visited their sunday brunch a few times, and it was awesome (though not so cheap - $45 p/p including gratuity), so we decided to try their dinner for my birthday, Sept. 10, 2010. I got 1/2 chiken, and my family got a salad and some appetizers. My chicken was dry (no gravy or sauce) and cost $25! before tip. I know that this is not unusual for "upscale" restaurants, and "upscale" I mean mostly the price - the less you get in an expensive restaurant the more "upscale" it is. Twisted mentality, but if that's what people are willing to pay, there is not much you can do.
Anyway, crappy chicken and wasted money. Will never go there for dinner or maybe at all.
For comparison, last weekend we tried a Chinese restaurant in Qeens, NY, and it was awesome; $5.50 for an excellent lunch.

1  Thank olegbolotov
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Very nice restaurant with very good and quick service. The restaurant has very nice boat like atmosphere with lake view. Portion of food are small for the price. Food is excellent.

1  Thank Aga9