“Wishing for More”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Eddie Merlot's

Eddie Merlot's
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Lincolnshire
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Half Day Rd.
Transit: Pace - local stops on Milwaukee Ave
Description: A word from Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Wishing for More”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant looks promising but the dishes we tried, while well presented, were somewhat bland and rather typical. There is nothing too special here about the food except for dessert. We tried their signature made tableside bananas fosters, and it was excellent.

For an appetizer, we had the chips with blue cheese and it was just okay.

I had their take on a Waldorf Salad, and I was not impressed. It was a cross between a typical steakhouse wedge salad and a Waldorf. Interesting idea but I just don't like all of the pale white lettuce you end up with.

My wife had a chicken dish that she thought was lacking flavor. I had the ahi tuna which was a nice cut and cooked well, but nothing spectacular. It wasn't bad.

As I mentioned the dessert made it all worth it.

1 Thank garysteciuk

Stuarts Draft, Virginia
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

The restaurant had just opened two weeks before we were there, it was not very busy, and we basically had our own wait staff. The food was good, but a little pricey. The carrot cake dessert was wonderful!

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Terrible, stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Last night our party of 8 had a terrible experience at the Lincolnshire location. It was our second visit. Our first was just after opening so we gave them a pass on food and service. Last night was worse. Cold food, no management direction and horrible service (wrong wine brought to table after main course served, wrong dinners served, 45 minutes wait for drinks, finally get first course and then main course comes almost at same time, constant request for bread and even spoons for side dishes, I could go on but what is the point - no customer concern was obvious). Then a 20% tip added for service that made the evening a bad time. Asking for a manager to inform them was never responded to. I will make sure our group does not return, that my friends know how you treat customers and my company (located down the street) will not use your locations for meeting, dinners or events. Rating (1 poor 5 high): Food value 2, Service -5, Management concern - 0. Stay away and go to a restaurant that cares

1 Thank Bruce S
Boston, Massachusetts
“Though a chain, Eddie Merlot's comes across as anything but”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Out daughter and her boyfriend came with us to meet some friends for a nice supper. Our friends had highly recommended this place and they were spot on. For starters we had the ahi tuna and sesame seasoned calamari, both of which were unusual and excellent. Everyone at the table had some form of steak. From the Chateaubriand, to the petite fillets to the ribeye, all were cooked and seasoned to perfection. The specially seasoned fries were particularly delicious; and the steamed broccoli and asparagus both were tender but not mushy. Being so full by the end of this we passed on the great looking desserts. The only downside was that the service, though very solicitous and friendly, was quite slow. As we were not rushed, this "European" style approach was relaxing; but, it could be problematic for anyone with time constraints.

Chicago, Illinois
“One out of Two aint bad...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

First visit to Eddie Merlots was great. Good food, service was spot on. Second visit went from average to bad. First, we were asked if we would like to sit in the lounge area for dinner Since the restaurant was not busy, the lounge area was quiet and slow so we agreed and were seated. Then the private party showed up. The noise level went from quiet to loud in a short period of time. Why they seated us in this location KNOWING they had a private party arriving is beyond me. Just before our dinner arrived (and it took awhile for it to arrive), we asked to be moved to the main dining area - which was almost empty. Dinner arrived. The manager asked his usual questions - "are you enjoying everything, etc." and left. That was the last person that talked to us until I had to go to the reception desk to ask for my check. This was after numerous attempts to waive down the manager - who just walked past us. Evidently, they forgot about us... Filet Medallions were fine, Ribeye was fine (Neither were excellent). Garlic Potatoes were dry and lumpy. Creamed Spinach was... unusual at best. During our first visit it was good. This time, both my wife and I only had one bite and then had to drink a half of glass of water. I didn't realize you can make Creamed Spinach so spicy. Desert? First time had the brownie and ice cream. It was great. This time? Yea right, I was just happy to get the check and get out - who knows how long it was going to take. Our lounge server finally came over to give us our check and apologized stating he thought someone else was taking care of us. Yep, the manager heard him say this and continued to walk by again.

With so many options for this type of cuisine in the Lincolnshire area, Eddie Merlots has lost a potential repeat customer. I would rather spend that much money at Flemmings, Wildfire or drive to Northbrook for Ruth's Chris.

1 Thank TGed2012