“Very Disappointed”

Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have stayed in various staybridge suites in the US and this is by far the most disappointing experience I have had. Typically I stay for business and frequent the Northeast. We had some friends getting married in the area and decided to stay here over the weekend. Needless to say the cleanliness of the hotel and the amenities were below average in my opinion. We stayed on the 2nd floor of the hotel and the walls and the floors are paper thin. We were woken up very early in the morning due to what I will speculate as construction on Saturday morning prior to 8am. The halls smelled atrocious during the evenings and we had consistent problems with the Wifi during our stay. In the end we checked out early and decided to stay at another establishment for the remainder of our stay. Not what we have come to expect from Staybridge Suites.

Room Tip: If you must stay here and plan on sleeping get a room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Drew F, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

We are terribly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apology if the construction schedule interfered with your stay.

However, we are delighted to announce that we have just completed renovation of our public areas (Breakfast Kitchen, Great Room, Library & Buffet). We hope that you have an opportunity to come back and try us, again, soon. Should you be able to, I would be pleased to have you as our guest. Simply, contact me, directly, with the details of your previous stay and I will be happy to place the reservation, personally.

We continue to believe the best way to improve is by keeping an open ear to social media and sites like Trip Advisor. Rest assured, we will keep listening.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Terrible hotel. cold days and no hot water they always have to fix it and it takes at least 2 hours; not only in the morning but also at night time. You also have to monitor closely the charges as there are always hidden unknown charges. as for the hygiene, the dirtiest ever so be careful with kids eating the food or swimming in the pool. the "chief maintenance" resource can only change light bulbs so you need to know "fix it yourself".

Also with the renovations schedule, it is not respcted; renovations occur late at night and early during week ends without advising the guests and very dangeorous to kids to walk around.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel in the area better in every aspect and cheaper!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank ABDEF
Drew F, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Guest:

Please accept our apology for failing to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us.

We will continue to work hard to gain the trust of our guests. We will always remember to say "thank you" for their business. And we will always encourage our guests to share their thoughts with management and to pass along their honest impressions on sites such as, Trip Advisor.

By following social media we learn how to craft the hotel experience that our guests expect. So, rest assured, we'll keep listening.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is my first trip to Illinois and it's for business.

I'd arrived past dinner and didn't have a clue where to get food. Thankfully, Arielle (the receptionist on-duty) gave me a list of restaurants around the area that could deliver. This gave me the impression that the staff is very accommodating and would willingly help out the guests.

Having stayed here for quite a time now, I've had the chance to chat with some of the staff (ranging from the Rosa during breakfast to whoever is at the Front Desk when I grab a copy of the day's paper) and the common denominator has been that none of them are ever rude or have ever made me feel that my requests are too mundane or unreasonable.

Another noteworthy aspect of the place is its proximity to restaurants and shops. One simply has to go along Milwaukee Avenue and one can easily find food places and stores.

Having said all that, I do think this place could still improve on a few things. One of which is that, since I'm on the second floor, I could hear the footsteps of my neighbors on the floor above me. It could be disconcerting especially when it's late and the occupant is rushing (running?) around the room. Perhaps it's in the way the building is constructed?

All in all, I think my stay rating for Staybridge Lincolnshire would be mostly positive. I'd consider this hotel the next time I'm here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Drew F, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear TheMoofingEngineer:

We've all felt the anxiety associated with arriving at an unfamiliar hotel. As you leave the freeway and glide down the dark exit ramp, the mind races: "Where is this place? I hope it isn't too close to the Interstate. It better not be too far away from where I need to be in the morning." Checking your watch, you begin to wonder, "will there be enough time after check-in to touch base with work/home and still get something decent to to eat?"

At Staybridge Suites - Chicago/Lincolnshire, we know that 90% of that anxiety can be relieved by a friendly, confident Front Desk Associate who understands what you've been through to get here and is interested only in how best to make you feel welcome & comfortable now that you have arrived.

Every hotel has its pluses and minuses related to location, design, construction, etc.. However, we believe it is often people who make the difference between an average stay and a very pleasant hotel experience.

Thank you for recognizing, Arielle, at our Front Desk. She sees it as her personal responsibility to make your stay at our hotel as positive and stress-free as possible. We count ourselves lucky to have Arielle at our hotel and we are delighted that she made an impression on you.

At the Staybridge Suites - Chicago/Lincolnshire, we take what our guests say, very seriously. To survive in today's world, hotel managers must be committed to constant improvement. That is why we believe this forum for on-going communications with our guests is so valuable. Thank you, again, for participating in the discussion.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I usually stay here whenever traveling for business trip to Lincolnshire. What I really like about this place is the courteous staff and nice view from almost all the sides. They have an amazing variety on the menu for american breakfast and nice swimming pool which has warm water in winters. Therefore, I recommend this place for great value for money stay whenever you are traveling for business trips to Lincolnshire.

Room Tip: Book a room thats not facing the road.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Drew F, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Namon1984:

"Value ..." is not at the top of the list of attributes for which I hope our guests remember us, first. Nevertheless, "value" is a quality that's importance cannot be overstated.

Let's face it, traveling for business is an expensive proposition. Even if the employer is picking up the tab, in many cases, the expectation is that the traveling employee will be prudent, if not down-right frugal, with their lodging choices. Some employees are even measured, in part, by these choices.

That's why Staybridge Suites - Chicago/Lincolnshire is often the first choice for the long term stay guest. We offer several FREE amenities that can sometimes make all the difference for our guests. For instance, did you know that our Guest Laundry features washers & dryers that are free for our guests to use? Add to this our thrice weekly (Mon-Tues-Wed) "Social Experience" that offer our guests a light meal and beverages for no extra charge and you can start to see just how the Staybridge Suites - Chicago/Lincolnshire stands out as an honest "VALUE."

Perhaps, the next time you stay with us you will be impressed by our exciting new designs (renovation begins, 12/18/2013), or by our stellar guest services. Until then, we will be proud to have earned your 4-Star Review under the headline: "Value For The Money...".

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to say thank you for my stay at Staybridge Suites in Lincolnshire. I am from Georgia and this is my first time in Illinois. I was pleasantly surprised at the warm hospitality I recieved from your staff. People are a reflection of their leadership so I wanted to say thank you for making my stay very nice. The food was very good and I was impressed by the rooms. I was not prepared to see how big they were and very welcoming. My coworker and I described our rooms as making us feel like we were home.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Drew F, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Brian P.

We are fortunate to have a superb Guest Services Manager here at the Staybridge Suites - Chicago/Lincolnshire. Her name is Allison. Allison is dedicated to giving our young service professional the tools and the training necessary to execute their jobs with confidence and skill.

However, Allison knows that there is one attribute that cannot be taught or bought: Genuine Empathy. It just comes down to hiring associates who can appreciate what it is like to be a stranger in unfamiliar surroundings. Associates with the innate skill to make guests feel warmly welcomed - and at home - can make any hotel manager look pretty smart.

So, thank you, so much, for taking the time to share your positive experience at our hotel. Please know that your heartfelt words of praise for our young service staff mean a great deal to our employees, our managers and to our owners.

Happy Holidays to you, and to yours, in the Peach State. Please come back and see us, soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

When we arrived on a cold wet Friday evening after quite a few hours in the sky, we were greeted by Arielle. Who was so polite and helpful and just made a great start to our stay. When we got settled in to our 2 bed suite we had a brilliant nights sleep. The beds were really comfortable and we both had en suite bathrooms which was good. The beds were made and fresh towels daily with 1 clean over a 10 nite stay. Every night we arrived back from our long business day we were greeted by Arielle and a lovely warm fire. The staff were all very pleasant and there was only a few so we got to know them. I would recommend this hotel very highly and would definitely use it again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Drew F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Tim J.

Thank you for recognizing our Front Desk associate, Arielle, as someone who made you feel welcome after a long day's flying. We are proud & delighted to have Arielle at our front desk. At the Staybridge Suites - Chicago/Lincolnshire - we know how important it is to find the right people.

At this time of year, we are counting our blessings and doing our best to remember to not just say, "thank you," but to BE thankful. We know your time is precious. So, please, accept our sincerest thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with the world.

You will be happy to know that Arielle was treated to a delicious meal from the restaurant of her choice for being mentioned in your post. We have a feeling there will be a lot more delicious meals in Arielle's future.

And we hope that the future provides us with an opportunity to welcome you back to the Staybridge Suites in Lincolnshire, IL. Until that time, Arielle promises to keep the fireplace warm and the restaurant delivery guy, busy.

Peace and Prosperity to you and yours in the UK in 2014.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed in this Suite room for a month. The rooms are good as per budget. They have kitchen as well but issue is with housekeeping which is not upto the mark. They do not provide shuttle service on saturday and sunday for drop to deerfield station if you want to visit Chicago on weekend so you have to spend around $20 for one way taxi. Further every day they provide the same breakfast which you will not love eat if you staying for more than 3-4 days.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Lyza A, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear ANUJ3110:

Thank you for taking the time to share your views regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not up to your expectations.

Please know that your comments regarding our shuttle service & our buffet breakfast will contribute to the decisions we make going forward on how best to serve our guests. It is through the honest expression of opinions on social media websites like Trip Advisor that we find the best ideas for how to make our service more relevant to those who stay with us. We consider it an essential part of the on-going communication that is necessary for our staff to continue to meet the evolving needs of our guests.

Please don’t hesitate to offer your suggestions, or share your views, while you are still in-house. We are always open to hear constructive criticism from the people who matter most to us. Additionally, we welcome the challenge to turn around the negative experience of a current guest into one that is far more positive. This is where we really shine.

Thank you, again, for your input and your time.

Drew F.
(General Manager)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Staybridge Suites Glenview
Four Points by Sheraton Buffalo Grove

Been to Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!