“Nice Place”

SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Overall this Springhill was a well-run hotel with a nice morning breakfast and a helpful staff. It was a good place for kids as well and the location is close to many other things in this suburb of Chicago.

What we liked: The breakfast was good and had many options, from hard boiled eggs to waffles and fruit. The rooms were a good size and had a microwave and mini refrigerator. Plenty of parking ensured that we never had to fight for a spot. Also had a very helpful staff who seemed to love their jobs.

What we didn't like: No room service at this hotel, lots of high school sports teams staying there clogging up the elevators and breakfast in the morning, and other very noisy kids.

Overall, I would stay here again, but I also might try the other Marriott "full" resort down the street.

Room Tip: There is a "Fresh Market" grocery store about a mile away from this hotel; a place to get...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EuroHoneyMoon2010
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Hello EuroHoneyMoon2010,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate all of the feedback you provided that will assist our future travelers to the Lincolnshire area. Our associates truly do love their jobs and I am so happy to hear that was apparent during your interactions with all of them.
One of the great things about our area is that we have three different Marriott brands with our SpringHill Suites, Courtyard, and Full Service Resort, which ensure our guests have a chance to choose a hotel that fits their needs. I know room service is a wonderful added amenity that we don’t offer but if you have any questions on the differences the three brands provide in order to make sure you are comfortable during your next stay please feel free to contact me directly so I can assist in any way that I can.
Thank you again for your feedback and your loyalty to Marriott.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stay in Springhill suits a lot, the staff here are fantastic! Over the top friendly and helpful. The rooms are great, very good breakfast bar. Nice workout facility and pool. The rooms are a great size and set up well. I will be back

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Hello adam-kelley,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. It is always so great to see our team recognized for the service they provide to our guests; they really do take pride in their jobs. I am very lucky to have such an amazing team of associates.

Thank you also for choosing to stay with us on your trips to Lincolnshire. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Arrived hotel in the morning due to early flight to O'hare airport but kind staffs at desk welcomed me and got me checked in. Room was very clean and was ready to use. As a family of Marriott chain, SpringHill suites in Lincolnshire provided excellent service with me. I really enjoyed staying there.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was nice and neat.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sam_Sangwook
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Hello Sam_Sangwook,

On behalf of our entire team I would like to Thank you so much for the great review of your recent stay at our hotel. We understand how difficult travel can be and are always happy to have our guests check in early after a long day/night of travel so they can relax before their work begins.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Lincolnshire!

Maria Jones and the team of the SpringHill Suites Lincolnshire

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My daughter and I shared a room with my mother for a recent family event in nearby Gurnee, IL. The room was spacious and clean and the staff was entirely helpful. We slept well and enjoyed the pleasant products. Of note, I forgot my favorite nightgown and not only did they have it in the lost and found, they sent it back to me via fedex at no charge to me. This is a very nice establishment and I would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hello SRP36,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us for our future guests. We definitely know the importance of returning any lost and found items to our guests; especially something as important as a favorite nightgown.
Thank you again for choosing our hotel for you and your daughter during your visit with your family. We look forward to your return on your next trip to the Chicago area.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent one night at this property, there was 5 of us on a shopping weekend. Awesome check in staff checked in after 11:00 pm... we were in and out in the amount of time it took to swipe a credit card for payment and two room keys... no extra papers to fill out... it was quick and easy like it should be.. breakfast was good had lots of choices, was busy but the staff kept every thing replenished and clean.

Room Tip: If you are booking a room with two beds and a pull out you will have to move the tv stand to fold it...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Hello 02slugbug,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us for our future guests. I was delighted to hear you had an efficient check in experience and enjoyed our new breakfast.
We hope that your shopping trip was a successful one and thank you again for choosing our hotel during your weekend in Lincolnshire.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed in many SpringHill Suites before and I always hold them at a high standard. The SpringHill Suites in Lincolnshire definitely met my expectations. The hotel is located in a pretty quiet area, but easy to get to and plenty of restaurants and stores nearby. My check-in process was quick and the Front Desk agent was very friendly and seemed to really be enjoying his job and interacting with people. My room was very clean with everything I expect from a SpringHill Suites - I love that the room is essentially divided into a sort of living room/office and a bed room. Little touches like having clean plates and utensils in the microwave are wonderful so I don't have to go out of my way to ask for them or bring my own. The breakfast in the morning is one of my favorite hotel breakfasts with lots of hot and cold options. I stayed for 3 nights and the housekeeping staff did an awesome job cleaning the room each morning during my stay making everything look like new. The hotel seemed to be pretty full during the weekend that I was there with three different weddings going on and a pretty full parking lot, but I had no trouble sleeping and was never affected by noise during my stay. I am extremely happy with my stay and the great staff at this location. I will return the next time I am in the Chicago area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello dimps2,

On behalf of the entire SpringHill Suites Team I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us for our future guests. I am so happy to hear that you are a loyal SpringHill Suites traveler and that we met the high standards you have come to expect from our brand.
We look forward to your return to our hotel on your next trip to the Chicago area.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Spent first 2 nights of a 10 night trip here visiting downtown chicago and some friends up in Gray's lake. Picked this hotel as midway point and also price was right. Paid about 260 for 2 nights which would have been what one night would have cost downtown! We have 4 children so picked this hotel based on pull out couch plus two beds. We stay at a lot of SpringHill Suites but this was the first one that the pullout couch touches the TV stand. When the couch was open you could not get past the bed without walking or rolling on it. A little frustrating. Would like to have had a clock in the pool area. As this hotel does cater to children then should consider this when putting the microwave into the room. Of all 10 nights this microwave was too low and next to impossible to unplug. The hotel was in a very quiet location.

Room Tip: Choose high floor and had beatiful green view in all directions.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Hello Joe90123,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the SpringHill Suites Lincolnshire. Your suggestions on the clock in the pool and the location of the microwave are well taken as they are both something we can easily fix for our guests. In regards to the sofa bed and the location of the TV; this is something we continue to struggle with and we have been doing some restructuring of some of the rooms in an attempt to see if the new set up will be a better fit for our guests. Please know that we do have some rooms that are already set up differently so we can always block you in an alternate room on your next visit.
Thank you again for sharing your experience with our future guests. We hope your time with your friends was an enjoyable one and we look forward to your next visit.

Maria Jones

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!