“OK Place, Nothing Special”

SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night prior to a lacrosse tournament my son was to play in the next day. The building looks to be a newer property upon approach. The front desk person was very pleasant and helpful. The room we were assigned was handicap accessible although we had no need for accommodations.

Beds were comfortable, but too short for me. The HVAC was on heat even after I dialed the thermostat way down and actually turned it off at one point. The bathroom was very large since it was an accessible room, but it appeared there were updates done in the recent past that were not quite completed in terms of visible and unpatched holes in the plaster in several locations in the bathroom.

The WiFi worked well. The breakfast was average with the scrambled eggs ovecooked. Thank goodess they had some fruit and yogurt or my light breakfast would have been taken elsewhere.

Overall, it was an average place at a decent price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Hello jlsheff,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We hope your son’s tournament was a successful one and hopefully his team won. Thank you for your kind words regarding our Guest Service Representative as well.

In regards to the HVAC units please know we are in the process of getting half of them replaced this year and the remaining next year as we are aware we are due for an upgrade on our current units. I also appreciate the notes on both the updates that may have not been complete along with the breakfast so that we can look into ensuring both are addressed by our leadership team. As a brand, SpringHill Suites is rolling out a great new breakfast program in June which will continue to be complimentary for all of our guests while upgrading to new healthier options.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Lincolnshire and we look forward to future visits.

Maria Jones and the Team at the SpringHill Suites Lincolnshire

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We traveled to Chicago for a wedding and stayed in this motel because it was recommended by the couple. We were very happy with our room. The cost was very reasonable and the room was clean and comfortable. There was a small frig to store snacks and a sofa for watching TV.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Hello Kathleen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review of your recent stay with us. We hope you had a wonderful time at the wedding, we always enjoy having wedding guests stay with us during the celebration.

I am excited to share your review with our team and we look forward to future visits.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The SpringHill Suites in Lincolnshire was spotless inside and out. I stayed five nights in April 2013. My room was very clean and the staff competent and polite. Breakfast was very good all week with a wide variety of options, including scrambled eggs and sausage every day. Their decaf coffee was consistently excellent.

I’m not a big fan of the room layout. Getting in and out of the closet in a room with a king bed was a bit of a problem, especially gaining access to the ironing board. The ironing board cover itself was very cheap. The towels in the bathroom were thin and rough – similar to what you would find in budget hotels, and the couch had definitely seen better days, as it sagged deeply in the middle.

The SpringHill Suites van was kept parked under the overhang. When a guest is checking in or a taxi is waiting, anyone else is unable to get through, making it difficult to pick up of drop off passengers at the door.

While it is a reasonable value located in a safe area, I can’t say it would be my first choice if returning to the area.

Room Tip: Only one restaurant is within walking distance of the hotel (a bit pricy, but excellent), and the fo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Good Afternoon Demy181,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate the great feedback on our staff service, cleanliness, and breakfast options. We know service and cleanliness are our top priority for our guests and it's great to hear that you were pleased with both of those during your stay.

I understand your concerns about our room layout as we sometimes hear that some areas are more difficult to access than others. Please know for any potential future visits that some rooms are more accessible and a bit larger than others and we would be more than happy to see if those rooms would be a better fit for your travel needs. I also agree with your comment about our van being accessible under our overhang. We try to make sure it is readily available for our guests for pick up and drop off but I agree it may need to be moved in order to accommodate more vehicles arriving at the hotel. I will be sure to share this feedback with our team so we can come up with an alternate option for our parking.

The great news is that we are changing over to a new brand of towels for all of our guest rooms and have already begun implementing them in the hotel. This has been a concern of ours so I am happy to report the changes are being made.

I again thank you very much for your kind words and feedback. I hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to Lincolnshire.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The decor was very modern which I appreciated. There was no restaurant or bar which was disappointing. The room appeared to be very clean at first glance, but I found a lot of short black hairs-on the faucet, on the sink under the amenity tray, & on the toilet... totally disgusting. The towels were awful, so stiff they felt like sandpaper. If it weren't for these issues, I would return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Hello Sonya S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I can't apologize enough for your experience with us concerning your room cleanliness. Please know that I agree that it is unacceptable for you to discover any remains in our rooms from previous guests and I plan on addressing this with my leadership team as well as the housekeeper that cleaned your room prior to arrival. If there is any chance you can contact me directly via phone (847-793-7500) or via email at maria.jones@marriott.com so that I can confirm your room number it would be greatly appreciated. Also, in regards to our towels I am happy to say that as a brand, SpringHill Suites, is implementing a new towel for our guests and we have already begun ordering and having them available for future visits.

Marriott, as a company, puts the primary focus on a positive guest experience. We know that building the relationships and keeping our repeat guests happy is our first priority. Rest assured that I will address the obstacles that prevented us from providing you with the service and accommodations that we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I travel to the Deerfield, Illinois, area occasionally to attend classes at nearby Trinity International University. Since I prefer Marriott properties, I usually seek them out even if there are other options slightly closer to my point of interest.

This property is nicely kept, the beds are great (never have any trouble sleeping), the rooms are large enough to spread out and feel like I'm not stuck in a hotel room. The complimentary breakfast and Internet access are great perks.

There's always plenty of hot water, even when the property is packed, and the heat works great (especially important to know when the outside temp dips down to 0 degrees F like it did last night).

This is my preferred place to stay whenever I need to travel to this area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Hello Edward S,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We appreciate all of the kind words and comments regarding our cleanliness, beds, breakfast, and internet. I believe you may have touched on the main focus areas that are important to all travelers.

I will be sure to share your review with our team. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is clean, modern and spacious. The people who work here are friendly and helpful with a positive attitude. My only complaint is the noise. If a guest sleeps on the sofa bed by the hall, he or she will hear the noise from the center atrium early in the morning while the cafe is setting up. Parking is easy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cathy B
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Hello Cathy B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your comments concerning our service and cleanliness are much appreciated; our goal is to always provide each of our guests with outstanding service and clean rooms. I also appreciate your comment on the noise disturbance you experienced as well, without both positive and negative feedback we cannot continue to enhance our hotel for our guests.

We hope you will return to our hotel in the future and I promise that we will reserve you a room on a higher floor to ensure you have a restful night's sleep away from public areas.

Thank you again from the entire team of the SpringHill Suites Lincolnshire

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed here the weekend for a family event in buffalo grove. The hotel check-in was simple and quick and the front desk ladies were very nice. Our room was on the 4th floor and was extremely clean. The bed was quite comfortable, and although my 8year old daughter complained the pull out mattress was uncomfortable that she could feel the springs, my 11 year old son didn't mind it.
One issue I did have though, was that if you pulled out the sofa, you could not get to the door and desk/kitchenette area without climbing over the bed! This just doesn't make any sense to me. I would think that they would have reconfigured the room. It seems like a fire hazard to me? I don't blame this hotel for this though, because I know it probably is a corporate concern.
I also did have a problem obtaining a channel to watch in the workout area.
Lastly, the floor around the poo area is quite slippery. Both of my kids fell when they were walking out of the pool. ( I actually assumed my daughter was just moving too fast and slipped, but thn my son fell two minutes later).
On a whole though, this is a great hotel and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelgrl911
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Good Afternoon Travelgrl911,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel for our future guests. I truly appreciate the kind words in regards to our check in process as well as in reference to the cleanliness of our guest suites. I completely agree with you in regards to the accessibility in the rooms once our sofa beds are extended for use. We have been trying to make changes to the rooms in regards to this issue as we know it is an extremely tight area once these are in use. Please know we are continuing to work through this set up to make it a more spacious area.

I am so sorry to hear that both of your children fell and I definitely want to make sure they have recovered from this incident. If you have time to let me know how they are doing, I would love the opportunity to talk to you. I am aware our pool area can get slippery when wet, as most in door pools are this way since we have tile versus concrete in these areas. We have applied a textured solution to the top of the tile in an effort to make it more slip resistant; and I will be sure to check the area again for the need to repeat this application.

I again can't thank you enough for all of this feedback, as it is very important that I continue to hear from our guests and work on improvements according to their requests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us again when you return to the Lincolnshire area.

Maria Jones

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago/Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
Four Points by Sheraton Buffalo Grove

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!