“Great location”

SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Went to GLNC to attend my son graduating Boot Camp. They have special rates for people attending the grad ceremony.

They were very helpful. Lots to do in this area. Great Putt-Putt golf and the Cheesecake Factory, in this area.

Great stay. Great breakfast service.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I've stayed here for at least several nights each year over the past 5 years. Now, when I know I have to go to Lincolnshire, I check availability here before I set my travel plans. Some folks like luxury, some like economy. This is a fine middle-of-the road hotel that has everything I need in a hotel. Clean, smoke-free, rooms, comfortable beds, great pillows, good water pressure, and plenty of room to work and read. When I first started coming here, Internet access was spotty. This last time, I was getting wireless-N speeds of 60meg or better. And its free, which high end hotels seem to lack. Free parking, a good breakfast with protein (but mostly the same stuff every day), a good pool and workout area. And, for those nights when I'm just too tired to dine on the town, I go across the lot to Walker Brothers Pancake House and have a good breakfast for dinner.

Room Tip: My standard is odd numbered rooms (opens onto fields), high up and away from the elevator (09 or low...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SaltWaterCroc
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My family has stayed here several times for weekend sporting events. This is one of our favorite hotels!

Pros: quiet, clean, comfortable, safe, updated, bright rooms, great rate, friendly staff, easy to reserve blocks of rooms, hot breakfast, good coffee, large suites with 2 beds and a large sofa bed, cute and functional kitchenette with a small sink, nice pool and whirlpool

Cons: When you have the sofa bed pulled out, it reaches all the way to the TV stand and you have to step over the edge of the sofa bed to get to the other part of the room. This isn't a big concern for us, but it is a design flaw we have come across at every Springhill we have stayed at.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 4Bubbles
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Booked a room on Priceline and was expecting a decent hotel. However, we were absolutely thrilled with our stay! The lady at the front desk was exceptionally friendly and the staff did an excellent job taking care of my family. I have stayed at several hotels in the lincolnshire/gurney area and this is definitely my favorite now. The rooms are quiet and the beds are very comfortable. Excellent experience!

Room Tip: We asked for a king suite away from the elevators. The end of the hall is very quiet!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brad D
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Pros: Cleanliness, all suite hotel, quiet location, safe convenient parking. Cons: I found the beds to be much too soft, awkward room layout, out-of-date and noisy HVAC systems, limited amenities within walking distance (although many restaurant options exist within a short drive). Workout facility is small and contains two newer treadmills, but everything else is dated or not usable. Bathroom vanity is a single sink and located outside of a separate room containing the shower/tub and toilet. Free breakfast is pretty standard for this quality of chain hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stayed here in Nov. 2011 while chaperoning a competition for my son. Hotel is located in a quiet area. Not many amenities in the immediate vicinity but plenty of restaurants, shops, etc within a reasonable distance. Hotel was very clean throughout; room was also very clean and spacious. Beds were very comfortable; plenty of towels. I really enjoy having a separate sitting area and an EMPTY fridge and microwave in the room. My only minor complaint about the room was that there was only one TV and it could only be seen from the sitting area not the sleeping area. Not a big deal since I didn't spend much time in the room nor did I watch much TV. Breakfast selection was very good and there was plenty of seating area to have breakfast. I used the fitness room while there and liked the fact that it was open 24 hours. I was able to work out very late and very early as my schedule permitted. Fitness room was small but also very clean; well stocked with towels. Not sure why there is such a limited selection of cable channels in the fitness room - something I find rather annoying. Difficult to see the TV from some equipment and headphones did not work well. Overall, I was pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed in a king suite. It was smaller than what I am used to with a suite room, but only my husband & I were staying there so it was fine. Decor was very nice and modern. The pool area was very nice, and the water was a very pleasant temperature. We had a few minor glitches - the room key didn't open the door, took a long time to get hot water. On the plus side, the staff were fantastic, especially Aaron at the front desk who practically bent over backwards to make sure everything was satisfactory.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank postz1225
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!