“Nothing great, nothing terrible”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed May 30, 2014

No, it is not brand new, yes the breakfast looked like it had been out a little too long, but the staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was well equipped. It was a little pricey, but I have no feel for rates at other places in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stopped at this hotel after a long drive. The first thing that I noticed was how outdated the decor was here. From the lobby to the rooms it looked like I had stepped back into the 70's!! The room was average (at best). In the morning when we went to get breakfast there was a few pieces of nasty fruit, cubed eggs, 2 biscuits, gravy that looked like it had been there for weeks, and a couple cereals. Very disappointing considering the price that was paid!!! Seems like this hotel was bought and ran without putting any money into it to make it more modern. It has the potential to be a nice hotel, sad that the owner is letting it go to crap and not reinvesting in it (like so many other foreign owned hotels throughout America).

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Drose9290
Reviewed November 7, 2013

very nice for the money, food in the morning was great! Love the waffles. The room had TV's was nice. The bed was alittle soft for my likeing but it was still very nice. Had a great nights sleep. Easy to find and the price ws great for the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place has all the amenities included. WiFi, Hot breakfast, HBO, refrig, microwave,Guest Laundry, Indoor Pool and Hot Tub, Great Exercise Room plus much more. I would recommend this place. Good location off I-55.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2013

First of all I had made reservations at this hotel in February for during the Farm Progress Show. When two our people arrived, they stated that their rooms had been cancelled so they had to find another hotel which they did but it was an hour away due to the size of the event. One of our people who did stay at this hotel ended up with Bed Bugs after the first night! The hotel is not very clean so I would suggest going somewhere else to stay.

1  Thank Nancy E
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was seemed clean enough. However when I stepped out of the shower in the morning I looked up and was shocked. The bathroom ceiling paint was pulling away in big sheets and the ceiling light fixtures were filthy. I must have been too tired when I checked in to notice. When I checked out I told the manager of my concern. He just shrugged as if too say "not my problem."

I do not remember other Comfort Inns being so poorly kept as the one in Lincoln IL. There are other hotels in the area. Skip this one. Oh and always read the Trip Advisor reviews. If I had, I would have known of this properties terrible faults.

1  Thank Slee2013
Reviewed August 16, 2013

2 story, older Comfort Inn with pool, exercise room, guest laundry (didn't use any of the 3) and elevator. I stayed during the State Fair as did other reviewers but did not have the strong negative experience they reported. My room was clean and I slept well in the bed. My room had a refrigerator and microwave. Paint and carpet appeared relatively fresh. There were aspects that showed lack of attention to detail such as weeds in the outdoor landscaping and minor paint spatter on metal door frames. The ladies at the front desk were reserved but pleasant. I have stayed in many Comfort Inns and this property likely meets their basic standards but would not be considered one of their outstanding locations. If you are a tourist, the Lincoln Heritage Trail and Historic Route 66 pass through Lincoln.

Room Tip: Many fast food choices nearby.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Best Western Lincoln Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lincoln
Super 8 Lincoln
Super 8 Lincoln
#4 of 6 in Lincoln

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!