“Pleasant Surprise”
Review of Super 8 Lincoln

Super 8 Lincoln
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stopped on way home from Branson. Very clean room and friendly staff. I left an expensive hearing -aid case in room and called them when I returned home. They had found it and Neal had already put it in the mail!!....Very good customer relations. We will certainly use the motel again on future trips.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 12, 2011

Reasonably clean and ok furnishings and mattress.everything worked. Tiny indoor pool. Staff nice. Super 8 Wyndham chain is really going downhill but this motel is actually ok.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I work in Lincoln and my drive home is 67 miles. I had work several shifts of overtime and just wanted to stay in a hotel that day to get a few more hours of sleep. I checked in at 8:30am and out at 2:00pm. The cost was $50.00. When I arrived I realized I had forgotten my toothbrush and when I asked the man at the desk if they had any they did not. I woke up a little early to go to the Super Wal-Mart to purchase one before I had to go back to work. Upon checking out I asked the man if there were a dollar store or something around so I didn't have to tackle the super Wal-mart and he replied " I went and got you a toothbrush" I could not believe it how sweet is that. I offered to give him money for the toothbrush and he refused. I just want to say what an awesome place to stay. Really who does that???? I was so grateful for that and I will definitely stay there again and tell my co-workers to spread the word.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Realizing the night was cold but to enter a room that has the heat turned OFF and the floor is freezing, bedding is cold, etc. is just unacceptable. To then shiver in bed for an hour waiting for the no-heat heater to warm up is also unacceptable. I finally walked down to the desk, searched for an AWOL clerk (heard her in an adjoining room on the phone), told her the problem, only to be told that she could put me in another room. This is midnight, I'm tired, but said "ok". She gives me a new card, but now I can't get to my things in the previous room, so I return downstairs to get help retrieving my things, only to enter the new room, also cold with cold air coming out of the vent. I shivered in this room for another hour, wrapped in my coat and bedding, before finally falling asleep. I had travelled 5 hrs before stopping and had another 6 to go, so not having a good night's sleep was a real bother the next day. The breakfast was pitiful - plain bagel, two cereals, and cold lobby. Do you not pay the heat bill???

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
GMLINCOLN, Manager at Super 8 Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2011

I want to apologize for the poor service you received during your stay at the Super 8 Motel of Lincoln ILLINOIS. Your experience was not the accepted quality of service that Super 8 Motel represent.I cannot tell you why you would have been allowed to check into room which heater is not on before you check inn. I can only tell you that the motel staff strives to provide the highest quality guest service. We fell short, and for that I apologize.

Reviewed December 28, 2010

First, my cell phone didn't work, My friend's cell phone was long distance. The General Manager, Mr Neal Patel went above the call of service and 1) allowed me to call long distance to my friend without charging me. 2) allowed me to call from the lobby, 3) gave me the toll free number to Verizon to find out why my phone did not work. That was just the first ten minutes. Then he gave me the room, which was on the first floor as I had a lot of stuff. The other shift person allowed me to put freezer bottles in their freezer in the back, as my refrigerator was a block of ice. AND the morning shift person allowed me to fill my thermos twice. And when I left my sweater in the room, and came back, he asked if I wanted some more coffee! So, overall everything they did yelled SERVICE ARE US! That's why I would come back again and again. AND my friend lives there. So, this hotel treated me like a "special' customer even though I may not be. I'm very hard to live with!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2010

The room didn"t look like any of the pictures posted on the web site. The reading lamp was broken and stood upright by it leaning against wall. There was no table in this room only two straight backed chairs. The hallway reaked of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Stayed two nights while visiting family. We talked to the front desk clerks on two occaisions and both were friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and comfortable. It was a non smoking room and had a nice fresh smell when we entered the room. For a Friday and Saturday it was very quiet as well, except for a couple of loud mouths in the hallway. If only there was something we could do about the people that have no regard for anyone else. But that is no fault of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Best Western Lincoln Inn
Ramada Springfield North
#3 of 38 in Springfield
Northfield Inn, Suites & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Lincoln

Been to Super 8 Lincoln? Share your experiences!