“Family Visit”

Hampton Inn Lincoln
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a very good stay. We were visiting with our son and his family over the Labor Day weekend. Our grandson spent the night with us which was very special. We enjoyed the pool and the breakfast on Sunday morning. We always try to stay at the Hampton when we come for a visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Lincoln

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff was good. Nice breakfast buffet. Clean modern rooms. But last time we had a built-in mini fridge, and assumed this amenity was consistent in every room. This visit, saw there was no fridge, and none available. Not every room has it. Not enough portable units available either. Would have liked to know this prior to check in. Need it for medication, and convenience of food, which is the only reason I booked here. Staff offered to put our items in the kitchen fridge... but could have saved $20 per night staying at a competitors hotels across the street.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Damon P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the hotel! I apologize that you were disappointed with your stay! We strive to ensure a perfect stay for every guest!

You are correct that not all guest rooms feature a refrigerator and microwave. We do not state on our website or any other media that our rooms do include this feature. You are able to reserve a room with a micro/fridge and that would have shown on the reservation confirmation. We do offer portable units on a first come first serve basis, however this is an extra amenity that we choose to offer and can not be guaranteed.

Again, I apologize that you were disappointed with your stay with us! Should you choose to stay in Lincoln with us again, I would recommend reserving a room with this feature to guarantee that you will have it during your stay. Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me directly at damon.priddy@hilton.com. Thank you again for the review! We appreciate the feedback.

Cordially,
Damon L. Priddy, CRDE

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel is very close to I55 in Illinois but you'll never know it once your inside and in your room. The staff is extremely friendly and rooms are very clean. I never write these but this hotel is AWESOME and I'm a very picky 55 year old.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was a fabulous place to stay. Away from the hustle and bustle of Springfield during the State Fair, but close enough to see the sights! We will definitely be going back to stay at this place again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This is our second stay with large motorcycle group. They were very accommodating and met our every need. Extra towels....no problem. Get together outside.....no problem. Even came out and served us cookies!
The rooms were clean, best mattresses!! The breakfast was Fabulous and loved the bagel topper!

• Stayed: August 2013
Damon P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the hotel! We love having your group here and the team looks forward to all of you coming year after year!! I believe that next year you will be back in September... we look forward to seeing you next year! Safe travels!

Yours in Hospitality,

Damon L. Priddy, CRDE

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife, granddaughter and myself stayed at this property during a trip from Michigan to Kansas. Hotel is close to the interstate, fuel stops and convenience stores. Hotel is very well kept inside and out. Nice pool and exercise room. Good hearty breakfast in the morning. I would stay here again if I was in the area if Lincoln, Il.

Room Tip: First floor near lobby.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I frequently stay at Hampton Inns, have never had any problems until I stayed at Lincoln Il. The rooms are very clean and spacious, but the lady working the front desk was not customer friendly, or helpful. I called well in advance to make my reservations, and at that time asked for ground level, was told not a problem. upon arriving the UNFRIENDLY lady at the front desk told us we could not have ground level. I asked for ground for health reasons, had I known in advance I would not have reserved the room. Also she did not direct us as to where our room was located, or the best place to park. So having said that I will never stay at this place again. I will stay at Jacksonville illinois where the STAFF IS OUTSTANDING.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Damon P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Hello Pam K.
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We appreciate the feedback! I do apologize that your stay with us was anything less than perfect! The front desk is not able to guarantee a specific room or floor in advance. We do note those special requests (floors, room locations, and other specifics) in the reservation and we try our best to accommodate, but it is not always possible.

I would appreciate more specifics on your stay (dates of stay) so that I am able to research which agent would have assisted you. If you wouldn't mind, this information can be sent directly to me at damon.priddy@hilton.com

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I do sincerely appreciate the feedback and again apologize that your stay with us was less than perfect.

Damon L. Priddy
Hampton Inn - Lincoln

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Best Western Lincoln Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lincoln
Super 8 Lincoln
Super 8 Lincoln
#4 of 6 in Lincoln

Been to Hampton Inn Lincoln? Share your experiences!