“Nice property”

Hampton Inn Lincoln
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I was traveling in the area for business and stayed one night at this hotel. It was a nice Hampton Inn, very quiet, extremely nice employees. There was a wide variety of food for breakfast. I don't have one complaint about this property and would stay here again if I was in the area!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Lincoln

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Hampton is my preferred chain, and this is one of the best. Very convenient, just off the highway and within a half-mile of several dining and shopping options. Beautiful room, with nice touches such as an extra blanket. Nice bathroom - mine had a large shower but no tub, which was fine with me, but be sure and ask if it matters to you. Good breakfast.

Room Tip: Next time would ask for a room on the second or third floor to avoid headlights in my window.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Farewell18
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stayed at this property as a quick overnight while traveling across the country. The hotel does not charge for dogs, which was the primary reason we stayed here. The hotel is located right off the interstate and is near several fast food places and more local eating options with downtown Lincoln about 2 miles away. Check-in was fast and efficient, and the receptionist had good knowledge of the local area in regards to restaurants. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The kids liked the pool- it had good water temperature and was big enough to have some fun. Breakfast in the morning was typical for free continental fare, but it worked in terms of getting ready for more travel on the road, The coffee was hot and was surprisingly good- that's a big plus in my book. The receipt was correct and check-out was a breeze. I definitely would return to this hotel if it worked out in terms of needing a place to stay while traveling.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Lincoln being the half-way point, I met up with a friend and stayed for two nights. The hotel lobby was warm and welcoming. I loved the 24 hour warm cookies and very flavorful coffee that was provided. The staff were above and beyond friendly and helpful. My room was very clean, well lit and had a nice work area. For breakfast, there was a nice variety of eggs, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, toast, bagels, English muffins, pastries and rolls. The breakfast area was very clean and appealing, and the staff were very friendly. This hotel is in a very convenient location, right off the highway and next to gas stations and dining. Walmart and CVS are just a short drive up the road. There is ample parking here.

I took a smoking room so I could get a refrigerator and microwave, as the available non-smoking rooms did not have these. There is not a lot of air circulation in the room so the room overwhelmingly stunk from smoke - really bad. I went to a local store and purchased air freshener spray, which I used a few times a day.

The thermostat control must be on a motion sensor. It was very cold in the room so I would turn it up to 80 degrees, sit at the desk and work, and start shivering again in an hour, turn it up to 80 degrees again, work, shiver, etc..........................

The bathroom could use repair, as there was a crack in the bathroom floor tiles from the entrance all the way to the toilet, and continued into the actual toilet.

I didn't like that housekeeping knocked on the door at 9:15 AM to get the dirty towels to do laundry. Had I not showered already, I might not have received clean towels for the next day. I do feel like the hotel was a bit skimpy on towels, as there were only 2 very thin towels in the room, so I had to ask for more.

The bed was very lumpy and the pillows were very hard and firm. The comforter was nice and warm, as it was freezing in the room all night. I did not sleep very well.

This Hampton Inn, being the "Ritz" of Lincoln, so yes, I would highly recommend it and would definitely stay here again in a non-smoking room.

Room Tip: Choose a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelGramA
Reviewed December 5, 2011

just off interstate 55 and 155. Good clean hotel. Has three floors with elevator. Cracker barrel is adjacent to property and three or 4 other eating places are nearby. Staff was friendly and we had no concerns during our stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I was stationed for work in Lincoln, IL for 2 months and during the weekdays I used this hotel as my home. It is a great value for the buck and omg the staff are great...they treat you like family and absolutely amazing hospitality. Tami at the front desk is the nicest person around and she will take such good care of you and I'm sure all of the others will too but I just talked with her more since she was on the night shift most nights. Nice pool and hot tub and great exercise facility. It is super convenient to I55 and made my excursions very accomodationg. I award this hotel as one of the best I've ever stayed in!!

Room Tip: I prefer the 3rd floor but all of the rooms are equally as nice. Also...just a word of advice...if...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed here 2 nights following a VERY EXPENSIVE 2 night stay in downtown Chicago. The running joke is whether you could park your car in a room. Well, I could have parked my car in this room (and I don't drive a Smart car)! I travel a lot to the Chicagoland area for business, and this trip took me south to Lincoln. The location is very, very convenient, right off the interstate, and it's a very quick drive into town for a wide variety of restaurants. (There's an awesome coffee shop one block from the train station!) Everything from check-in to the room to the lobby to the business center was great.

I typically get a king suite which has a sofabed as well as a king bed. This gives me a little space if I need to stretch out. This room was really, really spacious. I could see a family with small children staying in this room easily, as there was a kitchenette area with decent-sized fridge and microwave just inside the door. If the sofabed was open, there would still be plenty of space to move around.

The bed was comfortable and I slept really well. The view was of an empty field, but in central Illinois that's about all there is. Really quiet. The bathroom was kept really well. Since I was alone this wasn't an advantage, but the sink / vanity area being separate from the shower and toilet would be really handy when traveling with kids. The only real downside to the room was that there is no place to put a suitcase except on the rack inside the closet. The big flat-panel TV sits atop a dresser that is evenly spaced between the bed and sofabed, which face each other, and the TV swivels to face either the bed or the sitting area.

The business center is TINY but had everything I needed. I got the feeling that most people staying at this hotel are vacationers and families, not business people. So, it would make sense that the hotel would cater to their needs.

I didn't use the pool but it looked inviting. The breakfast area was spacious enough, and there are some games and things in a cabinet that can be used at other times of the day. Plates, cups, utensils, etc. were always available, so if you carry food in for dinner, you can get a fork if you need it. This was the case for me my second night, as I got Chinese carry-out from a great local place in town and forgot to ask for a fork. If you get food from this restaurant (right on Hwy 10) make sure you take in your own travel coffee cup. They'll give you tea with your meal to take with you. But you can also pick up a tea bag and make tea in your room.

I would definitely stay here again. It was worth the extra $20 per night to have a huge room and feel comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Best Western Lincoln Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lincoln
Super 8 Lincoln
Super 8 Lincoln
#4 of 6 in Lincoln

Been to Hampton Inn Lincoln? Share your experiences!