“Nothing bad to say about the hotel the construction well...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Libertyville

Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Libertyville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Libertyville
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nothing bad to say about the hotel the construction well...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Well this is hotel 3 of my trip!
Check in was quick, Room was clean no bugs, Breakfast was decent they have meat, eggs, pastries, juices fruit etc..

The staff was friendly. Not alot of parking spaces but as l got in ok
I didnt check out the surronding area because of the construction.

Lots of cable channels. I also received my priority club gift

I will be back for sure!! Great JOB
Rated 4 for construction so hard to get in the hotel

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Schererville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is located about 3 miles west of I94. It's an easy drive from the highway. The hotel is very nice and comfortable. I got two rooms for my family as we were attending a wedding of my daughter's best friend. The staff was very nice and courteous. I needed an early check-in for my daughter who was the maid of honor and her husband. They gratiously gave them the early check-in. The rooms were very nice, very clean and up to date. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was a little small but not too bad. The hotel provided a van to take the guests to the wedding and reception which was about 3/4 of a mile away. The van driver, Alex, was super nice and courteous. The price of the room was a little high but that is to be expected in the Chicago north suburbs. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIEXLibertyville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Lemonaid73,

We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our shuttle service and other hotel amenities. I will make sure our shuttle driver Alex is recognized for your survey. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again!

Kyle Mrozik
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

but I have to give you a poor on this rating.

Arrived to hotel around 9pm, getting into hotel entrance was tricky due to construction.

Everything went ok at check in. I went up to my room 321 and upon entry found the A/C was on (it was a very cool day) so I went to turn it off and turn on the heat to warm room. I went to pool for 45 minutes to unwind, went back to room and found that it was just as cold as when I left. The heater was not working, still blowing out cold air AND it was dripping all in the room. Not a good start.

Tried turning on the T.V. and that was not working, I was already tired and wanted to just go to sleep to get up for an early morning workout. Fitness room was small and had a treadmill, bike and elliptical. T.V. in fitness room did not work. Treadmill was reading all numbers but belt did not run. Moved to elliptical and that was not registering anything on the numbers and no program was available but I did my best to work up a decent sweat.

Overall, bed was comfy, room was ok. Breakfast was probably one of the better things to stand out at this facility. For all the trouble for an overnight stay I would rule this one out for any future plans.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear cweld5,

I am truly sorry to hear about the issues you encoutered during your stay at our facility. We had the opportunity to check some of the problems you stated in your review. We were able to fix the a/c unit and a sensor had fallen off the TV that enables it to turn on.
During your stay our treadmill was out of order. The treadmill needed a new circuit board and the part was on back order. We also checked the TV in the fitness room and it seems to be working fine.
We have some upcoming renovations for most of the hotel and the fitness room is in those plans. We plan to have all new equipment and a larger fitness room altogether. For guests that are unsatisfied with our fitness room, we do have a partnership with the Libertyville Sports Complex where all guests can use their facilites for FREE. Once again I am very sorry for the inconveniences you dealt with and next time please ask the front desk for help with some of the issues. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely, Kyle Mrozik
Goochland, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Nice to be upgraded to a suite but i was disappointed that the fitness room was filled with crappy equipment. A lot of road construction in the area makes it hard to get around. I would probably stay again but will look around first.

Dear Mark G.,

I am very sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with our fitness room equipment. We are planning some upcoming renovations and the fitness room is in those plans. Also, we do have a partnership with the Libertyville Sports Complex where all of our guests can use their facility for free. The Complex is no more than 3 miles from our hotel. As far as the road construction, we are hopiing it is completed by the end of the summer. Unfortunately we have no control of when the construction gets completed. Usually the only time we see any type of back up is during the evening time and only the Westbound lane is backed up. We hope you choose our facility again when you are in the Libertyville area.

Sincerely, Kyle Mrozik
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Staff was great, provided a wow! customer experience. Very clean, breakfast was very good. Pool was very clean as well as the room. No negatives here. I would definitley stay here again and will refer my relatives and frends. Alex the manager did a great job as we had a soccer tournament and he and his staff was very accomodating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Harvest, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here when we came to see our son graduate from the Navy boot camp. The room was clean, the neighborhood is quiet, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good. The only complaint I could find is that the swimming pool smelled strongly of chlorine, which I'm no pool expert, but I think that's a bad sign. But everything else was great.

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank kudzumom
Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I used this hotel several times when moving to the Libertyville area as it is in a great location and a good value. This is not the Ritz Carlton, but the rooms are clean and the service is very good. The hotel is close to historic downtown Libertyville with all of its great restaurants and shops. When we have family in from out of town, they like to stay at this hotel. It's i good value and a good deal.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Libertyville
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Sleep Inn at Great Lakes
Sleep Inn at Great Lakes
#1 of 2 in Lake Bluff
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Libertyville? Share your experiences!