“What you would expect at a Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Libertyville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Libertyville
Harvest, Alabama
“What you would expect at a Holiday Inn”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here when we came to see our son graduate from the Navy boot camp. The room was clean, the neighborhood is quiet, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good. The only complaint I could find is that the swimming pool smelled strongly of chlorine, which I'm no pool expert, but I think that's a bad sign. But everything else was great.

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank kudzumom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I used this hotel several times when moving to the Libertyville area as it is in a great location and a good value. This is not the Ritz Carlton, but the rooms are clean and the service is very good. The hotel is close to historic downtown Libertyville with all of its great restaurants and shops. When we have family in from out of town, they like to stay at this hotel. It's i good value and a good deal.

• Stayed July 2012
Texas
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the HIE Libertyville for my son's graduation from Navy Boot Camp last weekend in Great Lakes. This hotel is a short drive from the base. We stay at Holiday Inn fairly often and we've seen all ranges. This hotel falls in the middle. It was a bit outdated, but clean. The bathroom sink in not IN the bathroom, which I have never understood. The bathroom door wouldn't close all the way. The accomodations were clean and fairly roomy. The room had DirecTv, which offered a wide variety of channels. The breakfast was the standard HIE breakfast with many choices and coffee available 24-7. The front doors were not automatic, which makes it difficult to move all your luggage in and out. There is a Starbucks about 100 feet from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear MissyDTX,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am pleased you like the cleanliness of our hotel rooms. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. I sincerely apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced due to the condition of the property, bathroom facility and layout of the front doors. Your input will be shared with our management team to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Thank you again for your comments. I hope that you will afford us another opportunity to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Yorkville, Illinois
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I just wanted to express my thanks and utmost appreciation to General Manager Kyle Mrozik. Recently I was sent to training in the Libertyville community and was there for an extended stay. Due to available funds, my agency had placed me at a nearby poorly run and maintained competitor’s hotel. Had it not been for Mr. Mrozik I would have been stuck at this hotel for my entire stay. Mr. Mrozik went out of his way to facilitate the best rate possible to accommodate my situation. By doing so he ensured I had a comfortable and stress free week of travel. During my stay at this hotel I noted the facility was spotless and every staff member was extremely helpful and courteous. Breakfast was just right for what I needed and well above what I had expected. There were absolutely no problems or issues and it was a much needed breath of fresh air. Should I find myself in the area and in need of lodging again I will definitely be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel was really nice, rooms comfortable, neat that they have an onsite washer dryer to do laundry for extended stay. Easily accessible, good breakfast in the morning with a super sweet breakfast bar lady. Wonderful hotel and good location to/from Wauconda where family lives. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The positive reviews on the Holiday Inn Express in Libertyville, helped me make my dicision on spending the night at this hotel.

The staff was just as friendly and helpful, as the review indicated and the room was nice.

The hotel was a little hard, as it is hard to see from the roadway, but it was worth the search. There are plenty of stores and places to eat next to the hotel and it is only 20 minutes fron the Wisconsin state boarder, where the price of gas is a lot less than in Illinois.

Room Tip: Just tell the front desk what you want and because the air conditioner will go on whenever the room...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank coachpate
Peoria, IL
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This hotel is located behind Walgreens at the corner of Milwaukee Ave and Peterson/Buckley Rd. (The name changes when it crosses Milwaukee Ave.) 10 minutes from Great America. 8-10 blocks from downtown Libertyville (on Milwaukee) where there are several good restaurants, lots of stores on the street. Active nightlife, especially for young professionals. Very nice, good size pool. Staff very polite. Hot breakfast free.
The air conditioner came on and off all night making it a little harder to sleep uninterrupted.

Room Tip: Try the top floor to avoid hearing people walk around above you.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarthaIllinois
Also consider these accommodations in or near Libertyville
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Sleep Inn at Great Lakes
Sleep Inn at Great Lakes
#1 of 2 in Lake Bluff
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Libertyville? Share your experiences!