“Visited the Wildberry in Schaumburg...excellent!”

Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 96 Restaurants in Libertyville
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Couldn't find the Schaumburg location for a review, so hopping on this one. We had breakfast at this restaurant and the food was amazing from the juice to the pancakes to the eggs. We tried the classic eggs benedict (great!), a side of ham (cut from the bone, huge and very good!) and the wildberry bliss pancakes (incredible - like dessert!). We had a 20 minute wait on a Sunday morning, but it was well worth it. The kids silver dollar pancakes were a bit thin and didnt stand up to the amazing adult pancakes but other than that everything was great. We'll definitely go back.

Reviewed November 28, 2010

It was the best restaurant I've ever been to. And I love the chocolate chip pancakes with sugar. - Samantha Age 7.5

Well run, well managed wait time. Great food and superb service. We had varied selections from the breakfast menu and everyone was pleased.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

Wildberry is our favorite restaurant for brunch. They have something for everyone. The food is always amazing with huge portions. I love their seasonal dishes, pumpkin french toast was one of my favorites.

Reviewed September 6, 2010

We had just about the best breakfast ever at the Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe. We ate there for the first time on a Saturday morning and it was so good we brought other family members back on Monday! The staff is friendly and attentive, and willing to make changes to fit your requests. Even though there was a waiting line both days, the first day it only took 10 minutes for the two of us t be seated, and on the second day they were busier and it took 30 minutes to seat six. Both times it was well worth the wait!

On the first day, I had scrambled eggs, bacon and Banana Bread French Toast. The menu says the scrambled eggs and bacon come with hash browns and your choice of toast or pancakes. I asked to skip the hashbrowns and the waiter offerred that a fruit cup could be substituted. I also asked if I could get one slice of the banana bread french toast as a side item, and the waiter said it could be substituted for the toast with a minor upcharge. So I was easily able to get exactly what I wanted and it was all great - fresh fruit, excellent scrambled eggs (usually there isn't much difference in scrambled eggs, but these were exceptional - not sure how they do it!) and moist tasty banana bread french toast! Hubby had the Wildberry Blast Pancakes and they were exceptional! Fresh berries, and delicious pancakes.

On the next visit, I had a spinach and feta omelet (it's not on the menu, but they made it for me) and they put together the perfect proportions of spinach, feta and fluffy eggs cooked perfectly. Hubby had a Denver Skillet, and he said it was delicious, good proportions of each ingredient, and not greasy at all. The kids had vaious othet dishes, and they were all excellent!

The restaurant itself is in a former steakhouse, so the interior is better than most breakfast places. They also have outdoor seating. Wildberry is only open for breakfast and lunch, so if you are in the area early in the day, the Wilberry is the place to go! We will definitly be back!

Reviewed August 9, 2010

After hearing rave reviews of Wildberry from several friends, my husband and I tried it for Saturday brunch. We were quoted a wait time of 15-20 minutes, but it was well over 20. Seems there are always people milling around outside waiting to be seated on the weekends. When we were finally seated, it was right in front of the busboy counter, so we had a hard time hearing each other over the clanking dishes and silverware being emptied into bins.

The food itself was decent but nothing special. The wildberry crepes were good with tart and tasty berries -- not a huge portion. The tomato/basil/avocado omelet was standard, a bit heavy on the basil. Our server was pleasant but not overly accommodating.

Bottom line: For about the same price, you get more and better food at Egg Harbor Cafe about a mile down Milwaukee Ave. Skip Wildberry.

2  Thank SushiFoodie