“Good Food Great Service”

Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Libertyville
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for a late lunch on a Sunday afternoon. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. Our grandsons had the chocolate chip pancakes, which they devoured. Our Daughter in Law had the French toast with fruit, which looked great and she enjoyed. Our son had the Pancakes with figs that he liked. My wife had the chicken salad sandwich, which was very good. I had a great egg white omelette which was very good. Our food came quickly, which is a big plus with the two boys. Our drinks were filled multiple times without asking. Great spot to stop for breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed July 2, 2017

Any place that can make gluten free pancakes taste like they aren't gluten free gets a five when it comes to me. Truly delicious and their special coffee drinks are a great add on to whatever you order. Friend order herself the corned beef hash which I tried a little of and it was delicious. I was there on a weekday and it was pretty busy, but no wait at around 11.

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

I love breakfast places and seek them out wherever I go. We had the eggs Benedict and the banana cream crepes. The crepes...oh gosh.

Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

Went for breakfast on a Saturday. It was very crowded, like usual, but now they've added an annoying extra wrinkle : you put your name on the list, and they'll text you, but that just means your table is CLOSE to ready, not actually ready. In our case, we waited 45 minutes before getting texted, and 25 minutes after. Advertised wait time when I checked in : 35-45 minutes. Not even close.

The food was good for the most part. The coffee is very bitter (moreso than Starbucks, even). The eggs are great, hashbrowns just ok, pancakes fluffy but thin and smallish.

No matter what you order, it's going to cost $15+ per person to eat here, so plan for that.

I'm local to the area, and we don't have many better options. Otherwise I probably wouldn't come back.

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

As we were waiting for a table several people said "it is worth the wait." So wait we did. The breakfast menu is extensive with a variety of special pancakes. Once seated the service was prompt and attentive. Once the food was served and tasted I could see why so many people line up for this restaurant. We all agreed that our breakfasts were really excellent. The only drawback is the wait but there is an app to get your name on the wait list online.