“Unique date night for the suburbs”
Review of Milwalky Trace

Milwalky Trace
Ranked #7 of 97 Restaurants in Libertyville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Shared plates & preprohibition cocktails.
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Wow! A night out...just my husband and I! We have been wanting to try Milwauky Trace and seized the opportunity! MT did not disappoint. We sat on the back patio, at picnic tables with other groups. I can see where some might be put off by this arrangement but the server did mention to us that they plan to make it more intimate for those not keen on the "group" Outside experience. Honestly, it was fun and the FOOD was so good, who cares. We had the roasted garlic, gruyere dip, fries poutine, Aracini and the special summer squash. We can't decide what was our favourite, it was that good. Little special spins on the food...everything is served in little cast iron dishes, so cute and just adds to the charm. My husband is a meat and potatoes guy...he loved our choices! Run, don't walk to this delightful spot!!

2  Thank agray325

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Dined with friends at Milwalky Trace. What a delight. It's not a big place. We sat in the front by the window that could be raised like a garage door. It was like being on a terrace. When it got a little cooler the window was lowered. The waitress was alert and knowledgeable. She recommended that we get plates to share and thought we'd ordered her favorite items. We had the Quinoa Salad, Gruyere Dip, Chorizo Stuffed, Bacon wrapped Dates, Short Ribs and Salmon special. Everything was delicious and I don't like salmon but the sauce it was served with was wonderful. The short ribs were tender and flavorful. Loved the Gruyere Dip. We enjoyed it more than the meal we'd had at Girl and the Goat. I had read reviews that recommended the French Toast dessert. It was good but not as good as the reviews suggested. The restaurant is expensive. In addition to the food we had 5 glasses of wine among us the bill was just over $200 with the tip. It was well worth it and we'll be returning again.

1  Thank VickiLGreenOaks_IL
Reviewed June 4, 2014

It is nice to see a restaurant that does small plates correctly and not just a smaller version of an entree. we love this place, the atmosphere, the staff is super friendly. food is very fresh. cocktails are downtown quality! nothing for our five year old, but we pack a sandwich and order her the cookies and milk for dessert. new fav!

1  Thank Donna Z
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I visited Milwalky Trace with two friends for dinner. We ordered six different plates to share, which was just the right amount of food for three women. We did not order any of the large plates.

My favorite dish was the tuna tartare. It was so flavorful and rich and just delicious. We also loved the friend potato wedges and my friend raved about the spaghetti squash.

The chef decided what order to send out the dishes and it was so relaxing to enjoy each dish at our own pace before the next dish or two arrived.

I have to say I think we had the best service I have ever had at a restaurant in the US. My friends and I don't get out together very often, and we spent the entire night chatting and never felt rushed at all, even though the place was packed. The food arrived in a perfectly leisurely manner and it made for a delightful evening. We will all be back.

2  Thank Jennie30
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This restaurant has a very cool vibe. You can see them cooking in kitchen and they have a great variety of small plates. The food is very good, I would probably avoid the strip steak, it was a little expensive and not a show stopper. Drinks are good, but a little pricey for Libertyville. The décor is nice and it is very clean.

2  Thank Kevin T