“Not the greatest Gyros”

Fodrak's
Ranked #56 of 97 Restaurants in Libertyville
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Taken there by a family member who lives in the area. Had a hankering for some good Gyros. We did takeout.

I have to say that the folks that work there are really nice and helpful. Although we ordered some Gyros to go, I was curious about the pulled pork (which I am mad for) so he gave me a small taste while we were waiting. It was a nice gesture, but I wasn't impressed with the taste. Just meh.

So we take our gyros home, mouth watering. Good side...the fries are really really really good. But I was disappointed with the gyros. Not nearly as good as another place in Glenview that I reviewed earlier. Not nearly as flavorful, even the tzatziki was sort of just o.k. Not enough onions in the sandwich and the pita wasn't nearly as crisp.

Maybe I'll go back and try something different next time since the locals seem to love the place. But sometimes a neighborhood institution isn't nearly as good as the hype Sometimes it IS just hype.

But the fries were really really good!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We recently ate at Fodrak's on our way to Great America. We are quite fond of Gyro's and have tried them many places. The gyro's here are excellent and the french fries were great as well. We wished we would have been staying in the area longer because they had quite a variety on the menu!

2  Thank Angel_OB_Nurse
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Anyone who lives in the area knows that Fodrak's is an institution. Burgers, hot dogs, salads...fun place.

2  Thank kjalsbury
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Extensive menu (on a menu board above the counter) offers just about everything you could want, from hamburgers to italian beef to gyros to chicken sandwiches -- and it's all good, prepared while you wait (self service) with a spacious seating area, complete with TV monitors, to the side. Get on the social media side and you'll get frequent money-saving offers,too.
french fries are for real...I've had hamburgers, cheeseburgers, beef...companion always get the chicken...and everything is always good and a good deal, especially if you take advantage of the special offers Fodrak's texts to you.

1  Thank 2jbsdad
Reviewed February 28, 2012

You get what you expect and it is served on time and for a decent price. Sure beats the fast food options of Taco Hell and others.

1  Thank Jimzorba