“Mamma likes! Pappa likes!!”
Review of Trattoria Pomigliano - CLOSED

Trattoria Pomigliano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2013

So while traveling through to Wisconsin the spouse and I were stopping overnight in Lake Forest Illinois and in libertyville as we were walking to a BBQ joint we saw Trattoria pomigliano and stopped there instead. Funny because oh about six years ago we dined here! Tonight I had angel hair with marinara and meatballs and spouse had veal parmigiana and we loved our dishes! The sauces were simple and fresh and the veal very tender. We will be back and next time it will be much sooner than once every six years! We had been stopping at Momma Mia's in Port Washington Wisconsin oh but no more...it's Trattoria pomigliano or bust! Lolzzz

Reviewed October 1, 2013

which was the spinach filled gnocchi. The other dishes I tasted were just average. Service was great even for a party of 20 business colleagues. It took awhile to get the food out, but otherwise the service was fantastic. I don't think I'd really go back unless I was craving the gnocchi.

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We gave been here many times over 20 years, had not gone for a year or more, just many restaurants. We remembered it, went there, excellent as usual. They also now have a great bar, we love sitting at bars. Don't miss fir classic Italian home cooking, makes you almost feel like you are back in Italy. Grazie!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We both had pasta bolo else and found the sauce to be quite watery. evidently the pasta wasn't strained well. to increase the flavor a lot to parmesaen cheese had to be added and Also crushed red Perpper to give it flavor. The night we were there it was quite noisy and therefore we asked for a table near the front door. All in all not the best dining experience

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We went to Trattoria last night with high expectations. Unfortunately, we left disappointed. Our meals included mediocre spaghetti and a sub-par tortellini carbonara.
The carbonara was in fact grainy Alfredo.
All in all, if I was looking for outstanding italian food, I wouldn't go here.