“Beer Maven Haven”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Libertyville has two places for craft beer---for draft, Mickey Finns microbrewery across the street. But for a really wide and rotating selection in bottles, this is the best on the North Shore. Knowledgable bartenders. A place where you can actually learn about what you are drinking.

Food can be good, but a very quirky menu. One of those places that it all sounds good, "but, gee, I don't see anything that really interests me." A little heavy on the salt when I have been there, but it has been a while. This would be a terrific franchise concept, but its a one-of-a-kind.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This place is awesome. Great beer selection, amazing food, and great decor. Awesome atmosphere, but do not expect a quiet, romantic scene. Grab some friends and head to the Firkin.... If there is a wait, Firkin allows you to head next door to their sister restaurant and grab a drink. They will come get you when your table is ready. Firkin will not disappoint!!!!!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stopped in here with my son as I was advised by a local that they had a very nice beer selection. Firkin did not disappoint! I had some really good beer, my son had a really great cheeseburger (yes, I sampled it), and the atmosphere was fun and friendly. We sat and ate at the bar and felt 100% comfortable in doing so. I appreciate that they have kept with the 'old Libertyville' feel. I will be going here next time I visit family in the Ville.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This place holds a good atmosphere. Lots of beer on tap. Tables are close, so dont plan on a quiet, romantic evening. Food is not as good as the beer-selection. Classic american cuisine, and not bad at all.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Went there with another couple. Best selection of draft craft beers and always something new. Ate the horseradish salmon and unbelievable rich flavors.