“After Street Scenes”
Review of Ristorante Bottaio

Ristorante Bottaio
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Bottaio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 96 Restaurants in Libertyville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
“After Street Scenes”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The food was excellent. Our waiter was most attentive and the valet parking attendent was outstanding. A nicely romantic place.

Visited February 2013

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Great... Fine dining at a reasonable price.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Fantastic Italian food... Food is excellent and priced right (entree range is $15 to $25 for most items on the menu). Service is also great.

In addition to our regular visits, we always go on Christmas eve. This year there were 7 in our group, all family members. The bill was $235 w/o tip. That includes 7 entrees, drinks and 2 bottles of wine. Fine dining at a reasonable price. The wait staff is always very professional.

It does get busy and loud so don't expect a quiet setting.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank reggie5000
GRAYSLAKE
“My home for great Italian.”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Never disappointed. Great food, prices, atmosphere, and staff, though I do miss Salvatore as the host.

“Food good, service slow, and waiter got an attitude with us!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We went for Valentine's Day and what a mistake! Service was horrible. I am not sure if the waiter was annoyed he had to work on Valentine's Day but he should be grateful to have so many tables! Our waiter was so rushed that he never even introduced himself to us. We had to flag down our waiter SEVERAL times. We had questions about the wine menu and asked to taste a few glasses. Then, he came back and quickly told us what each wine was and then ran off! Then, we flagged him down once again to order our food and when he was finished, I mentioned, "You seem really rushed." His response, "I have a lot of tables" in a rather condescending tone. So, I handled it nicely and said, "Please have the manager visit our table".

So, after 15 minutes (I was losing my patience), the manager came by and I mentioned the terrible service and arrogant attitude. He apologized and gave us our wine complimentary on the house. The food took a while to arrive. However, the only saving grace for this place is that their food is excellent. The lamb shank was incredible. The service got a lot better after we talked to the manager. The waiter handled everything better. The manager apologized profusely and did check in repeatedly throughout the night to make sure everything was ok so that was nice.

However, I will say that their chairs are really uncomfortable. I am not sure if I will return anytime soon. I may wait a few more months until I see more positive reviews come out of this place.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank michelle0722
Libertyville, Illinois
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Food is terrific and very reasonably priced. We liked it so much we had two different wedding rehersal dinners there. Ask for Tom---He's the owner and very proud of the restaurant and staff.

Visited September 2012